Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Only ten working days to go til my holidays with OH, and payday and my birthday are thrown in those ten days too :D

Took my 5-month-old gasúr up out of his seat yesterday and made (!) him into an airplane flying around the house. He was ecstatic, making the most excited cooing sounds with the most gorgeous smile in the whole wide world as he went on his birdseye journey around the house looking down at all the things (he was raised up at the top of my hand on his flying trip) that he had never seen from this perspective. His eyes were ablaze with amazement at this world. And then he vomited all over me, followed by an immediate return to making amazing smiles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Waking up being spooned half to death by the OH :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

A lazy Monday afternoon soaking up the sunshine in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

A lazy Monday afternoon soaking up the sunshine in Amsterdam.

How's the weather? That's where I'm headed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

How's the weather? That's where I'm headed

Stunning. The sun is beaming down, what few clouds are in the sky are light and fluffy, it's warm and everything is green and blooming. It's fabulous.

Trivially happy to have been here to see another of my best friends. Really haven't felt this peaceful and content in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Monday is nearly over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Monday is nearly over.

Same. This turned into an even shorter week after I had to call in sick today. I hate calling in sick!

But I'm happy because I've a road trip on Thursday. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

anna080 wrote: »
    We are going away for a wedding in a few weeks and I was casually saying to my boyfriend that as it's on a Sunday, there'll be no place open for me to get my hair styled, nor would I even know where to go in a strange place.
    Im out in the kitchen and can hear a video being played in the sitting room, sounds like a young girl. I walk into the sitting room and my boyfriend is in there watching a YouTube video of how to do upstyles in your hair! He said he's going to practice for me :D
    Gas sight seeing a 6,2" manly man ask me "where do you part your hair?".

I want your boyfriend. May I have him please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

anna080 wrote: »
    We are going away for a wedding in a few weeks and I was casually saying to my boyfriend that as it's on a Sunday, there'll be no place open for me to get my hair styled, nor would I even know where to go in a strange place.
    Im out in the kitchen and can hear a video being played in the sitting room, sounds like a young girl. I walk into the sitting room and my boyfriend is in there watching a YouTube video of how to do upstyles in your hair! He said he's going to practice for me :D
    Gas sight seeing a 6,2" manly man ask me "where do you part your hair?".

Awww that's adorable! He's a keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I want your boyfriend. May I have him please?

My ex often braided my hair and has applied hairdye a couple of times for me. :) It was quite cool, and funny because he is very big and tall and has massive hands :)

Not that I'm pimping him or anything, thread just reminded me of that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Refusing to open the door to somebody who doesn't have their key and watching him (all 6ft odd) trying to climb in through the window. Delighted, it's the little things in life

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Not being pregnant anymore and baby being here.

Meeting genuinely empathetic people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Our company moved to a cool new building, so much brighter and nicer than the old place. Top floor too, morale in work was super high today

My trivial point is I got a corner seat by the window. After so long sitting by the door and having to let people without keycards in and all the bosses looking at my screen as they walked past now those days are over

Love my new seat :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

-Sun is shining
    -got me nails done
    -found a café where the poached eggs and cuppa tae are noting short of perfect
    -just watching the world go by.

I love me wee life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Verbal bully in my job left speechless when called in to head of HR to defend actions!
    Has "taken" a few days off to consult with "legal advisor".

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Took an age to finally build up the courage to ask out this gorgeous girl who I was in college with. Finally asked her yesterday and I got a 'Yes'. Halle-fcuking-lujah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting in the sun enjoying a coffee, while the birds sing and the bees buzz around me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

LOLLIPOPS :)

tumblr_njxvx3kspz1qi4i0po1_500.gif

:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Sticking my finger in the OH's mouth mid-yawn :D

Really pisses her off & gives me an immense sense of sadistic pleasure :eek:

Until they start doing it back and you feel how violating it is :eek: :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

KITTENS!

cute-kittens-30-57b30ad41bc90__605.jpg

I wuv them so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The side eye look my dog gives me when I stop rubbing his belly to scratch my nose. "scuse me b!tch did I say you could stop?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I brought my neighbour's dog for a walk earlier, and bumped into another neighbour with her dog. These two dogs seem to have a crush on each other, and go all soppy when they meet. They walk side by side, staring into each other's eyes. It's so sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

All tucked up in bed. Cosy out and sleepy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just put on the radio because I can't sleep. Straight away one of my most favourite songs ever - Philby by Rory Gallagher came on. Not the sort of music to lull me to sleep but I air guitared away in the dark :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

madmaggie wrote: »
    I brought my neighbour's dog for a walk earlier, and bumped into another neighbour with her dog. These two dogs seem to have a crush on each other, and go all soppy when they meet. They walk side by side, staring into each other's eyes. It's so sweet.

TH Mad Maggie taking her neighbour's dog for a walk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

After 6 weeks working on a Issue in work we got it fixed and people now have there old emails before we re-branded the company back to the old name again.

I have never been so happy in my life getting a issue fixed !!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A photography page on Facebook called Historic Curiosities of Britain and France (but there's Irish places on it too). I wouldn't have known about a lot of the little known interesting places until I followed that page. My mental list of things to see is growing by the minute.
    It's just something different to the usual castles and stately homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just mowed the lawn after 2 weeks of broken lawnmower. Birds are going bloody nuts! Prob no worms left after that bout.

And 6000 post on the thread - lots of happy people out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Eating dinner outdoors, feeling all cosmopolitan, while living in de wilds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement