Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Lost my Leap card and there was over 30 euro on it. I hadn't registered it so I could not block it and apply for credit to another card.

I was raging over it, even ranted over in the trivial annoyance thread

A week later found it in my gym bag, woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I guess the weather's not great at Slane today? I got a text that made me :D ''The rain in Slane falls mainly on the plain.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

With all that has been happening at home and abroad this week, I'm just happy all family and friends are safe and well. Nothing else matters much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Starlings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Chicken wings and plonking on the couch to find the original Ghostbusters just started.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hearing the long-tailed tits tweet-tweet-tweeting on the tree, reading to swoop down as soon as I've filled the feeders and I've gone back inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My son calling me Dada for the first time. Not trivial at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Painted a friend's kitchen and on top of the presses buried under dust was a 50 note with rainy day written on it !

Painted a friend's kitchen and on top of the presses buried under dust was a 50 note with rainy day written on it !

It's raining now.... so off you both go and enjoy it.

Realising I can understand every word my housemate's growly-sounding but nice Northern Irish friend says, at last. And I can interpret for others, after he has left :D

• Advertisement

Laughing until the tears are flowing. Oh, my side hurts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Driving fast thru a big massive puddle on a quiet road. Not sure who enjoyed it more - the 6 year old or me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Arsenal winning the FA Cup!
    In Wenger we trust

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Laughing until the tears are flowing. Oh, my side hurts!

You must be watching the Pro12 final so :D

Dial Hard wrote: »
    You must be watching the Pro12 final so :D

No, just fun and laughter with family. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

When you open your handbag and there's jelly tots there \o/

A friend of mine currently incarcerated in a nursing home for his own safety at 47 years of age. He often seems a bit awed at the stuff I rabbit on about on Facebook and I thought, he's just bored out of his tree. He sent me this message this evening (abridged to omit personal details)
    ''see what I mean with you always usually attract people who at least have something that makes sense and you nine times out of ten have a relevant response. most gthe time I am just winging it''

then this:

'' you nutter no I do know what I say is sort off right but with my slight dementia it takes something you say it triggers something in me. ''

I don't know what it's like to be him or live with his illness, and I'm glad it ''triggered something''. This is a mixed trivially happy/sad.

Collecting a new foster dog from the pound tomorrow :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Got 2 hours in the sun in the garden this afternoon, even dozed off. Cork has been cloudy the last two days (at least where I am) so it was a pleasant surprise :)

Collecting a new foster dog from the pound tomorrow :-)

Oh god I'm so fcuking jealous.

• Advertisement

Oh god I'm so fcuking jealous.

Check me in the irritations thread in a few weeks whinging about having to let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Dial Hard wrote:
    Check me in the irritations thread in a few weeks whinging about having to let him go.

The joys of fostering anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

90% of problems with foster dogs can be solved with TLC and patience, so please please please stick with him/her and you won't regret it :)

TTTMMH - going to get 2 hours to myself later this afternoon

everlast75 wrote: »
    90% of problems with foster dogs can be solved with TLC and patience, so please please please stick with him/her and you won't regret it :)

She's fostering not adopting :)

Happy I don't have a hangover!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sorry - apologies for that.

Whoops - you're probably still drunk ;)

TTTMMH - sharin rashers with my two doggies

The smell of a fresh brew of strong Java .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Me either but I suspect I'm still drunk

TH - having someone to come with me for hair of the dog before it bites me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Put on a pair of jeans I hadn't worn in months earlier. Surprise 20 euro note i mo phoca.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

An enjoyable evening at the cinema with my kid watching Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Last night. Spent a good half hour with a mug of coffee watching the most beautiful sunset. Just the simple things.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement