Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Saturday night, great night out with mates. Sunday afternoon spent seeing the beauty of my home county and spending time with some lovely people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Leaving the You Laugh You Lose thread alone for a few days then going back in and having 4 pages worth of pics to make me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cornish pasties. Steak, spuds and gravy in a pasty, how had I never heard of this before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Irish Butter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When I check the banlist and find that some of the malignant ***** that inhabit AH have been banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting soaked out walking but knowing you are near home and a hot shower, and not on your way to work, shopping etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

osarusan wrote: »
    When I check the banlist and find that some of the malignant ***** that inhabit AH have been banned.

where do you see the banlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

where do you see the banlist?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when women criticise double standards that effect men, showing awareness of them. oftentimes theres a sense that both genders refuse to see it from the other point of view,and they are only out for themselves and their own gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Just went to get a Twix from the vending machine in work- as it fell down it knocked a Galaxy bar down too!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Parchment wrote: »
    Just went to get a Twix from the vending machine in work- as it fell down it knocked a Galaxy bar down too!!
    kxhb2Zf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Launching my Bicycle Travelling Museum next Sunday 4th June in Athlone (after years of planning to do it!)
    All planning and preps done, so feeling happy!
    Hope a 'rake' of Boardsies show up to support me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Just of note - i shared the Galaxy out among my colleagues. Ate the Twix myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Bought some new gym gear yesterday so walking into the gym like :D:D;)

Also got invited to a good friend's wedding when I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen as he's having a very small affair. It's a college friend so will be like a mini uni reunion, very excited :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Bought some new gym gear yesterday so walking into the gym like :D:D;)

Also got invited to a good friend's wedding when I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen as he's having a very small affair. It's a college friend so will be like a mini uni reunion, very excited :pac:

Anyone else have to re read that because they thought the lad was just cheating a tiny little bit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My couch to 5K is beginning to look like a realistic goal...couldn't run for more than 3mins a few weeks ago without wanting to die and did 23 mins (slowly lol) this evening and felt I had a few more mins in me.I'm actually really starting to enjoy it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Anyone else have to re read that because they thought the lad was just cheating a tiny little bit?!

Ha! Ach but it's only a wee little affair, doesn't really count like ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Best of luck. I expected to see Leinster there :(

Another lovely day :)

In Tienamen Square? lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just saw this on my YouTube feed

The guy normally does techie stuff but this is lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Daydreaming. Trivial. Happy escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A healthy tiredness from work and fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A healthy tiredness from work and fresh air.
    And a lovely warm bath afterwards, bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

This makes me happy and angry at the same time.

I found out today (Not from my boss) that I am the head of IT for EMEA for the week while he is away ?.

Ah what ha ha Would have liked to have been told last week not on the day as i have to do loads of meetings in his place now today and don't have a clue where to start :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

No alarms set because I'm on holidays for a few days.

Then work again for a few days. Then a LOT of no alarm setting for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I hung up a stale bread roll in the garden the other day and all the little birds are getting some mileage out of it. It's funny to watch them spinning on it in the breeze:). Some of them wait on the ground underneath to catch falling crumbs, and so far the bigger birds have left it to the smaller ones. There is a new little green finch out there since it was put up, some colours on him. Stale bread rolls are going to be a permanent thing now.

There is a huge spider in the kitchen and I am sniggering inwardly waiting for the teenager to notice it and freak out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

73Cat wrote: »
    I hung up a stale bread roll in the garden the other day and all the little birds are getting some mileage out of it. It's funny to watch them spinning on it in the breeze:). Some of them wait on the ground underneath to catch falling crumbs, and so far the bigger birds have left it to the smaller ones. There is a new little green finch out there since it was put up, some colours on him. Stale bread rolls are going to be a permanent thing now.

There is a huge spider in the kitchen and I am sniggering inwardly waiting for the teenager to notice it and freak out :)

a regular diet of bread is not good for birds. also make sure that the bread is not there long enough for mold to form as that can be toxic to birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

a regular diet of bread is not good for birds. also make sure that the bread is not there long enough for mold to form as that can be toxic to birds.

I leave them out seeds and occasionally scraps of fat and fruit too. Anything mouldy is regularly cleaned out of the bird houses/ bird tables:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm off to London tomorrow to see my best friend and her gorgeous baby! I'm so excited :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Butcher open when I got home, had a fresh made spag bol left! Win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Our glorious hedgerows! Teaming with life and so beautiful. The blossoms, the shades of green, the birdsong, the bees... lifts the spirits when driving around the countryside

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement