Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Schwanz wrote: »
    My daughter's confirmation....

She nearly passed away before her first birthday.

Joyous.

What a great occasion. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My young neighbour asked me would I like to bring my dog for a play date with his dog. Ah, the cuteness of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Was in bed reading a short time ago when I heard some noise at the hallway window. Crept out (without phone sadly) and there was two young magpies squaking and pecking at the window!! Dark inside here and shiny glass must have made it look like there was two other magpies for them to talk to :-)
    Have to stay up for dawn again tomorrow in case they're back. And will have phone ready just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Been in a bit crappy form all week....finally after a good long shower chilled out on bed listening to music

....finally feeling a bit mellow/chill at last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Topaz are doing 99.9cent fuel this weekend at various garages. There are two near me doing it. One today and one tomorrow at 9am for 99 minutes.

Friend posted elsewhere that he'd gone to the one this morning and the queues were mental so he didn't bother, and went to the texaco across the way who decided "if you can't beat em, join em" and drop their fuel to 99.98 and there were no queues.

So I hopped in my car went to texaco smiled as the cars queued right past this garage to go to topaz without even noticing texaco had matched the deal!

Saved €20 and washed the car too and no hanging about.

Sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Terrier sitting in the sun in various parts of the garden, demanding tummy rubs from O/H while she "protects" us from whatever she thinks is a threat.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Middle foster daughter "fighting" with my O/H about her describing herself as a sjw.

* We secretly happy she is off her bum and fighting for what she believes in. She could so easily have been a couch dictator like a lot of her peers.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Amazon's customer service. Even if you only contact them to query something they offer to fix it or make it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lazy Saturday afternoon meal in a restaurant and couple of drinks followed by a snooze makes me more than th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Beating the rain to get the lawns cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Having a glass of wine at a BBQ right now. Suncream on, stepping in from passing showers only to step out again minutes later to glorious sunshine. And it's a long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

While cleaning out my mothers house today I found the 1987 newspaper clippings about my Grandad and Gran Uncles deaths. I had wondered where they were for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I got the most fabulous pair of shoes today to go with a dress my friend bought me. I haven't worn a dress in years, I normally hate wearing dresses but I'm actually excited about this outfit!

I got a handbag today to complete the outfit! As a jeans/tshirt/running shoes girl I never shop for things like this. It made for a fun change to my usual routine :D

If anyone is really interested to see what I got, I posted it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,627 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I got a handbag today to complete the outfit! As a jeans/tshirt/running shoes girl I never shop for things like this. It made for a fun change to my usual routine

Delighted for you. Think for those who wouldn't normally, dress up, (myself included) it feels extra special to enjoy an outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Cut the grass out the back, was putting the lawnmower away and wrapping the lead up when it started raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

writing, which I love doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I live in Dublin 8 beside Kilmainham where that concert festival is at the moment. It is currently absolutely bucketing down with real heavy cold rain. Horrible night. I'm tucked inside watching House of Cards with a pizza and cold drink. Never felt so cosy in my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Pints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Not so trivial....no work tomorrow :)
    Also the rain tonight....I love it....the smell of it....the feel of it....and just looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Getting to delete a downloaded TV programme I won't watch again or share. Bonus points if >1GB. Make room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

All the weather apps saying it's raining in Wexford, but haven't seen a drop all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My dogs. I bent down to fix my shoe this morning and my 7 year old dog ran over to lick my ear and face until I stoood up and was no longer at his level. Loves his Lexie so he does. My poor puppy canters along in front of me walking forward but his head turned looking back to make sure I'm still there. Cuteness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Something my friend told me today.
    Yesterday after work I went to her parents house to visit her. Knowing I'm a dog fanatic she took me out the back to see her parents two dogs. They were so cute and so friendly. They were all about the rubs, I scratched behind their ears, stroked their muzzle gently while telling them how cute they were, and rubbed their bellies. They were both in their element but so was I. Me and her went back inside, and I left shortly after. She told me today she went back outside to feed them, they heard her outside and she said they raced up the garden all excited, saw her and lost interest :D
    I love making new dog friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The lingering smell of good aftershave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When it's jolly lovely all day long, then it starts raining it's ass off around eight o'clock.

No watering the plants for me this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

A day off, home with my cats and I can play as much Skyrim as I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Signed up for the women's mini marathon a few weeks ago. Just for something to do but didn't train for it specifically so kind of forgot about it. Remembered last night and sure I hadn't collected my bloody race number. Whoops!

So got up this morning and ran up the mountains with the mutt instead. Was just gorgeous, glad now I forgot about the race and still the whole day ahead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I just ordered a tamagotchi for 65 euro from Japan on amazon. Totally ridiculous amount of money to spend but I am already getting all wistful and nostalgic while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I just ordered a tamagotchi for 65 euro from Japan on amazon. Totally ridiculous amount of money to spend but I am already getting all wistful and nostalgic while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I've 2 in the attic. Are they worth that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I've 2 in the attic. Are they worth that?

Well they cost 33 pounds on amazon UK before P&P. You could throw them up on adverts and see what you can for them if they still work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement