Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I love when I'm driving on the main road and as far as I can see in front of me and in the rearview mirror there is not another car in sight. Queen of the road :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Perfectly ripe, juicy apricots. And freshly picked cherries. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I lost three pounds this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Listening to french people with strong accents saying happiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am a late convert to bikkie dunking...late but happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Listening to french people with strong accents saying happiness

(with a French accent) Happiness, happiness, the greatest gift that I possess :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We have these blinds at the front of the house. For about 300-ish days I hate them, in as much as anyone who doesn't really care about home decoration can hate some blinds.

But on really long evenings in summer, the sun casts shadows of them on the plain wall in the sitting room. I don't know why but I love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

These guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I idled away an hour this morning watching my two new hens enjoying the sunshine. They are ex battery hens, so outdoors is unknown to them. One ran up and down the run, squawking in delight, the other basking in the sunlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Even numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

New socks and underwear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

Gentle Neck Kisses.:p Sweet smells :) Toast and sandwiches. :) Diet cokes. Being under a blanket on the couch. :)

Brushing my hair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Watching the young robins try and manage the strong winds up here. Stand on the street....I'm safe here. Gust of wind.....I'm staggering sideways like a drunk person.!

One of them has learned from the parents - sit outside the door and keep cheeping until someone comes out with food.

Would post pics but they turn out massive in preview and I can't figure how to shrink them. Anyone know how?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Clean bed sheets, and the cold side the pillow of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

At a bus stop, sat under a tree shedding it's blossoms in the wind. Felt magical, like I was the only one enjoying a flower shower in the middle of the city with traffic rushing by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Sun shine

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

FanadMan wrote: »
    Would post pics but they turn out massive in preview and I can't figure how to shrink them. Anyone know how?

You could post them as attachments instead of embedding them, I don't mind having to click on a link to see a photo. :)

Or, if you download them onto a computer, you can resize the photos in there using Windows Live Photo Gallery, or Paint, etc.

Otherwise I think imgur and a few others let you resize the images and give you a link so you can post it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Coming out of a post office there last week.
    To be greeted by a big smiley wave from a toddler through the window of the car parked outside.
    Made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

My niece. Always cheers me up

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A great podcast to listen along to while working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Not so much trivial, more poignant I guess.

I work on Borough High street just beyond the Southwark Tavern pub where a person was stabbed on Friday night. The area outside my office has been cordoned off til today and there's been this strange silence about the place. I've never known London to be silent, especially not in a bustling area like London Bridge.

Today when I was walking along the street into work a few Met Police officers were standing outside Tescos handing out free bouquets of flowers to passersby to lay at the memorial at the end of the street. It made me feel really proud to live in this city today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

channels that have a +1 option to watch an hour behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Thanks to DunnoKidz for the help resizing my pic.
    So here is one of the young Robins that is wanting to explore my house. If the front door is open for a few seconds and nobody appears, he is in and pooing everywhere!

zeodXfK.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Cup of Tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

That I only have 2 days left in the office to the weekend !!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Got the cleanest, most freshest looking highlights today. I am happy. Fellow blondies will know the struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH, the yummy blond manager with cute accent on shift in the local chain grocery,
    Think I caught his eye when I walked in at lunch too.:):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Hens referred to in my previous post are developing an attitude. They stared down the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Last night I was sitting in the Principals office trying my best to explain that I had already done the leaving cert.
    That I did it 19 years ago and with 3 months to go to the exams, I wouldn't do myself any justice in doing it all again.
    He wouldn't listen to my appeals and insisted there wasn't anything he could do.
    I reluctantly acquiesced but I told myself privately that I would do the ordinary level for each as a protest but being the nice guy I am I would at least try to do honors Irish (it was a Gaelscoil).

Trivially happy that I woke up and it was all a dream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My landlady can't drive to save her life. Ah i'm in my room listening to her annihilate the gearbox :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement