Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

northgirl wrote: »
    My landlady can't drive to save her life. Ah i'm in my room listening to her annihilate the gearbox :D

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Two lots of vouchers in the post today for having completed some online surveys. I don't need them but it's always great to get something for almost nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Got the car insurance quote and it is only up €80. That would normally be a trivial annoyance but considering the increases other people have had it actually makes me a little happy.
    But also a little sad that my life is such that I celebrate this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The kids decided that instead of a story CD for them to drift off asleep to, they opted for Led Zeppelin instead! House is rockin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

A massive yawn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 only a nightmare

windscreenwashing in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The massive moon outside tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Won a few euro on the UK election (no overall majority at 6/1) which is a nice follow on to wins on Brexit and Trump.

Expect Paddy Power share price to plummet on the back of my winnings. (Perhaps not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Its Friday means only 7 and 1/2 more hours of work to I am free for the weekend !!!!!.

Also cant beat having the headphones on in work as I dont have to try and speak to the co worker beside me who just sits there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Its Friday means only 7 and 1/2 more hours of work to I am free for the weekend !!!!!.

Also cant beat having the headphones on in work as I dont have to try and speak to the co worker beside me who just sits there anyway.

I hear ya (kind of!! :D) I'm listening to Bach cantatas while my office resonates with small talk. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I hear ya (kind of!! :D) I'm listening to Bach cantatas while my office resonates with small talk. :)

I have Green Day Blaring myself ha.

Only thing is with IT Help desk I cant have them on for the day as i have people coming over to me none stop :(.

I was in a past job where they where on for 4 to 6 hours a day while I coded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have Green Day Blaring myself ha.

Only thing is with IT Help desk I cant have them on for the day as i have people coming over to me none stop :(.

I was in a past job where they where on for 4 to 6 hours a day while I coded.

Nothing wrong with Green Day. TH that it's less than 3 weeks till I see them in Kilmainham!!! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I went for a little run last night, felt great after it.
    Cycled to work this morning, felt great after it.
    Had an ice cold shower after the cycle, it was incredible!

I think this healthier living is starting to pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting with a complete stranger who was in such a good mood that it cleared away my foggy brain and despair for the younger generation, see ta thread.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

everlast75 wrote: »
    ooh-matron-with-text.gif

Well played sir, well played! *applauds*

That post made be TH! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Village Crazy Lady

my aunt has dementia, so if she remembers what day it is, it makes me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH, my teenage friend just finding out that the guy she works with who is the most "funny,cute,handsome,well dressed, heavenly smelling" is gay!
    Another milestone of learning passed.
    Edit, most of us learn early the type who are the most handsome,witty,well dressed,fragrant,well educated, are usually unavailable in some way.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The sunshine, the breeze, the birds singing, the weekend. Why can't it be like this more often?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm in the doghouse with the OH.

So I'm f'n off to the shops to pick up some beers and lined up some movies on Netflix to watch later. If you're in the doghouse best make yourself comfortable...

At this stage I hope she's still mad later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm in the doghouse with the OH.

So I'm f'n off to the shops to pick up some beers and lined up some movies on Netflix to watch later. If you're in the doghouse best make yourself comfortable...

At this stage I hope she's still mad later.

My relationship with OH is a bit like yours. Some day I hope to have an adult relationship instead of a relationship with someone who thinks I am a surrogate mother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I frickin love those Facebook videos of people making food, by Twisted and the like. The sense of achievement I get watching them is almost as good as if I'd made it myself! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Food in my belly and a licence for my telly

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

anna080 wrote: »
    Food in my belly and a licence for my telly

...and don't forget a comfortable bed and a roof over your head. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH my little guy had "the best day of his life" :)
    We took him to Insomnia, gamers' convention down in Killarney, as a birthday present, he had to wait since January !

What makes me most happy is how his little "oddities" most of his friends in his tiny rural school don't understand were commonplace there, he just looked so happy, like he really fitted in. It was brilliant for him, all these little geeky guys were going around wearing whatever the fúck they wanted, latex masks, swords, some had full on costumes, one guy was head to toe like Jack Septic Eye ... We got my guy a pug latex mask, he wore it straight away, and no one batting an eyelid (there were a few other pugs goin'round).
    He's currently being assessed for various things, and one thing that's light but has definitely popped up is a few ASD traits. It translates as a bit of social awkwardness, and his friends thinking he's a bit weird at times, he can be "in his own world", so today was "feel good" day in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

When people make an effort to contact me to go out for a drink !!

Running a P.B. 5k....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Bredabe wrote: »
    Chatting with a complete stranger who was in such a good mood that it cleared away my foggy brain and despair for the younger generation, see ta thread.

I was out in a cafe in Ennis yesterday with my father, a man joined us (stranger) we all had a great chat, both he and my father worked in the UK in the 70's..great stories..a lovely man...that is so rare these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just sat down on the couch. Straight away, my dog (who I like more than way over 99% of the humans I've ever met) hops up and settles down beside me.

Turn on the box, Turner & Hooch just starting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When my tan looks unreal.
    When my hair turns out unreal.
    When my makeup is on point.
    When I put on an amazing outfit and feel good.

I know I always overdress for occasions but it makes me happy. I am extremely vain and shallow but I can accept that's who I am as a person. Being okay with myself I suppose makes me happy happy happy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What would make me happy would be to find out if Lexie found the shoes she was looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When my tan looks unreal.
    When my hair turns out unreal.
    When my makeup is on point.
    When I put on an amazing outfit and feel good.

I know I always overdress for occasions but it makes me happy. I am extremely vain and shallow but I can accept that's who I am as a person. Being okay with myself I suppose makes me happy happy happy

It's one of the best feelings ever when you look good going to an occasion. Slay Lexie!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement