Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

New Home wrote: »
    What would make me happy would be to find out if Lexie found the shoes she was looking for.
    I didn't!! I have artheritis in my feet but have bet my feet into a pair of Christian louboutin so Kate's for the occasion. They look good though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

4Ad wrote: »
    I was out in a cafe in Ennis yesterday with my father, a man joined us (stranger) we all had a great chat, both he and my father worked in the UK in the 70's..great stories..a lovely man...that is so rare these days..

That's lovely. You've reminded me of the time a friend of my ex's and I met for the first time, a few weeks ago. He immediately noticed my eyes and my surname and put two and two together and realised I must be the granddaughter of an old friend of his. As my grandparents died a few years ago it was lovely to meet someone who knew them and respected them, and nice to be told I have her eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

A Tenner can be withdrawn from BOI Tallaght village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

SUCKing helium from balloons never gets old

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Doing one of those magical poos that does not require ones bottom to be wiped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH at the self confidence and ease of younger people. I remember being a spotty ball of anxiety. Fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A child's birthday party is over. Lovely party. Great kids. Nice parents. But glad it's over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Taking off my tired shoes when I come home. Going to bed with a hot water bottle listening to radio and falling asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

I frickin love those Facebook videos of people making food, by Twisted and the like. The sense of achievement I get watching them is almost as good as if I'd made it myself! :o

I love the facebook videos showing text message conversations that nearly happened. Typing something cutting and nasty but then deleting and sending a softer message instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bed with a hot water bottle for period pain - so soothing

• Advertisement

All of my ordered stuff arrived and I only ordered them on Friday and chose the free standard delivery (up to 5 working days) instead of paying for Express delivery. So I have some time to practice with my new makeup and flounce around in my new perfume before I go out at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I just finished watching The Vikings Season 3 and had thought that was the last series.
    But low and behold there is a season 4 and 20 whole episodes to get thru. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Binge watching The Vampire Diaries. I'm loving getting in touch with my inner 14 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Boy dog thinks he has cracked time travel, if he sits in the space where he normally goes when he's being picked up for school, it makes it a school day, regardless of what day of the week it is.:cool::)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

one of my best friends got a job yesterday. he's been out of work for ages - I'm so thrilled for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Just got a date for building work to start on our house. I'm so excited!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Enda Kenny is gone today That make me happy.

The car I was in pulled off to the side of the road to let a tractor pass and I was looking out the window when I saw a Pine Marten dragging something like a rodent through the grass, dropping it on the road and then running back into the undergrowth..to be followed out again by two little baby Pine Martens :D

They were dancing around and playing and swiping at each other like little kittens. I think the mother was trying to teach them to hunt :):):)

If I'd been driving the car myself I would've missed them, so I'm glad I was a passenger this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Almost 6 weeks ago I had to move and leave my 8 beautiful cats behind with my ex. He wouldnt let me see them. Today I got to see them for the first time and I got lots of cuddles. I'm so happy I've seen them and I feel so much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Skyping one of my girls, she had her younger foster sister with her, she and I were talking about her upcoming wedding, as youngster is "too cool" to talk to anyone over 17.

All seemed well, as girl 1, signed off, I heard girl 2 scream at her, "just cause you think it's all about you, doesn't mean it's all about you".

Ah sibs!, annoying even when they not your sibling by birth.
    :):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Walking a nice sandy beach .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Bredabe wrote: »
    Skyping one of my girls, she had her younger foster sister with her, she and I were talking about her upcoming wedding, as youngster is "too cool" to talk to anyone over 17.

All seemed well, as girl 1, signed off, I heard girl 2 scream at her, "just cause you think it's all about you, doesn't mean it's all about you".

Ah sibs!, annoying even when they not your sibling by birth.
    :):):)

And how siblings still squabble like children, even as adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭md23040

Bought a new powerful cross shredder to cut all my recycled cardboard into tiny pellets for the composter. The fun had constantly feeding cornflakes boxes, magazines, pizza boxes, or anything within reason, and the little fekcer just chewed through everything, was fascinating and so enjoyable.

Must have spent 2 hours feeding it - plenty of carbon now and the bins are literally on fire with all the heat infusion. Best fun for €35, and saves a sore hand cutting through loads of cardboard with scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

md23040 wrote: »
    Bought a new powerful cross shredder to cut all my recycled cardboard into tiny pellets for the composter. The fun had constantly feeding cornflakes boxes, magazines, pizza boxes, or anything within reason, and the little fekcer just chewed through everything, was fascinating and so enjoyable.

Must have spent 2 hours feeding it - plenty of carbon now and the bins are literally on fire with all the heat infusion. Best fun for €35, and saves a sore hand cutting through loads of cardboard with scissors.

Shredding is so much fun.......it's destruction with a purpose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

When you find a free trolley at the supermarket, meaning you can put your preassigned euro coin to take out the trolley away. :) I always leave it back unlocked at the trolley bay, so someone else can enjoy the good karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Two dogs lying down together, mouths open and play fighting, biting each others paws & ears, while pretend growling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

finding a file you thought had been deleted. you know that feeling when you're about to give up having looked everywhere and tried everything, but you try one last trick and thats it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

KatW4 wrote: »
    Almost 6 weeks ago I had to move and leave my 8 beautiful cats behind with my ex. He wouldnt let me see them. Today I got to see them for the first time and I got lots of cuddles. I'm so happy I've seen them and I feel so much better!

:)
    Trivial but I love the fact that you're a cat fan and your name starts with Kat. And your post was thanked by mewe, 73Cat and er, Lady Is A Tramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dainty little cat slowly edging the Springer off her doggy bed to get prime position in front of the stove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

That freshly waxed feeling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement