Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Sleeping tablets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

That there is only 2 more days to work this week and I am free for the weekend !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When I take off my normal shoes and go to put on my walking runners my dog runs over to me and licks my feet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,627 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Browsing the music channels and finding good track after good track. Gwen Stefani to Mark Knoffler to Kygo to Aloe Blacc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Last day of work for the week and then Freedom in 7.5 hours!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I have zero baking skills and it was my turn on the office rota. Each Friday someone makes a cake.I wanted to try banoffi pie as it's popular.

Got a receipe from Google, bought a tray and all essentials last night and made it. Brought it in today and left in the office kitchen and when I returned this afternoon the tray was picked clean!!

Others can do far more complicated recipes but I really tried at this, wasn't confident realty but I think it went well :) Hail to the chef hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Stepping off a Dublin Bus 77a and being able to board straight onto a Dublin Bus 18. Like in a fairytale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭HankScorpio102

The feeling of putting on a fresh pair of socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back home after four days in New York. Much as I love travel, seeing the sights, meeting up with old friends, it's always nice to get home again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

My lawn. It's not particularly beautiful but at the minute it's like a zoo. There's loads of sparrows and wagtails, a couple of blackbirds, the usual robin and a small rabbit eating dandelions in the corner. Makes cooking and doing the washing up heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was chatting earlier to a former work mate whom I haven't seen for about five years. It was just like old times. Some people have that gift, always the same, but in the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Back home after four days in New York. Much as I love travel, seeing the sights, meeting up with old friends, it's always nice to get home again.

People ask me what's my favourite place in Ireland, I always say arrivals at Dublin airport.

Anyway a trivial thing that makes me super happy is the looooong evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

when I went to visit a friend and help with the new baby, I spotted her 18 month old sitting on the bottom step of the stairs. I asked mum why he was sitting on the naughty step, que a lot of annoyances caused by lack of sleep and toddler insecurity.

When his time we up I went to get him, I asked him if he knew why he was on the naughty step, he shrugged and said, HORMONES.

I foresee a great future for him in annoying women or gynaecology. :)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Power washing the drive.

When you have a lot of niggling chores to do and allot a good chunk of time to do them, but work through them so efficiently that you complete it all in less than half the time you thought it would take, and then reward yourself with a mug of tea and a nice sit-down. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Kids on our street have set up a stall selling real lemonade. Its really cold and nice. Well worth the 50c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Icecream on a day like today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I posted last night in the trivial annoyances thread about my phone and my car being fecked, and I thought I'd have to make do without either for the foreseeable future.

Well today, the universe pretty much gifted me with a swanky phone much better than the one I was using. Then, I went to see about getting my car fixed, and it turns out it's only aesthetic damage - I thought we were talking write-off damage, instead it's only going to cost me €50!

Overall today has been good. I got a dress and two tops for a tenner altogether in a charity shop. I got my nails Shellaced for free. I made some major life decisions and have a whole new weekly routine in place. I thought of the best present ever for my dad for fathers day - a Bonsai tree, he'll just love it!

I'm also pretty sure I'm going to win the lotto tonight - I bought a ticket earlier, because today just feels like that sort of a day when good things will happen for me. Fingers crossed! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus, what was wrong that you thought it was a write off but it's actually only €50 of damage!?

I'm out in the back garden chasing the last of the sun, few bottles and The Boss blaring :) fantastic day.

I got a load of baking done today. This English woman does not go out in the noon day sun. I'd melt! Great for all who can take the heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It's a gorgeous morning,I've opened all the windows,birds are singing,it's really warm..I'm happy.ðŸ˜

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Colser wrote: »
    It's a gorgeous morning,I've opened all the windows,birds are singing,it's really warm..I'm happy.ðŸ˜

Be careful one doesn't fly in the window :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I do a lot of city breaks around Europe. Ah I'm not rich like I stay in hostels and travel cheap

I always had to be careful on my mobile usage, Vodafone gave me 200mb a day but sending photos by WhatsApp and browsing picture heavy Facebook and TripAdvisor would get that quick

Since June 15th I now get the same Vodafone Ireland deal no matter where I go in the EU.

Thanks EU for ending ripoff roaming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Freckles! My nose gets covered in freckles in the sun and I love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When there's a colour theme in my toiletries.. doesn't happen often though.

Having today off.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Got a surprise paid day off today!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

New book arrived in the post, a perfect cup of coffee, sunshine, peace and a cold glass of water. Small things, trivial things...that make me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have two African Grey parrots, Ruby and Charlie and they are very chatty in the mornings. I have to go to work soon and do other adult stuff that sucks (boo hiss) but I'm just listening to them now nattering away and it melts my heart, especially when they say "I love you" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Got tickets to see my absolute favourite band this morning and I'll be going with my absolute favourite people :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement