Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Teabags that have the little strings on them
    Saves me having to get a spoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

An Icy glass of cola and sun on my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I'm away next week. Just in Ireland but i can't wait, i need a nice break!

I've no idea what to pack in case the weather changes but still, its a good problem to have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Rogueish wrote: »
    An interview this morning - I'm asking myself why on earth would I put myself through this and remember that builders are starting work next month....

I got the job!!!

I am more than trivially happy. It ends up that it is for the maximum hours that I could do alongside my current job and family commitments. I could nearly do cartwheels :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I got the job!!!

I am more than trivially happy. It ends up that it is for the maximum hours that I could do alongside my current job and family commitments. I could nearly do cartwheels :-D

Delighted for you. Isn't it nice when a post from a stranger makes you happy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was working today, outside, but in the shade, with that lovely cool breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just looked outside and all my plants and bushes look lovely. Spent weeks with a soldering iron modifying solar lights and now everything is bathed in colour. Spent so much time matching LED colours to plant colours to show them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,627 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

FanadMan wrote:
    Just looked outside and all my plants and bushes look lovely. Spent weeks with a soldering iron modifying solar lights and now everything is bathed in colour. Spent so much time matching LED colours to plant colours to show them off.

Pic perhaps?
    Sounds cool.

Pic perhaps?
    Sounds cool.

Tried a few but my phone doesn't seem to do night very well :( All that comes out is blurred blobs of light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

FanadMan wrote: »

Mine too, really in full bloom :P

• Advertisement

Mine too, really in full bloom :P

Now that would be worthy of a pic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

FanadMan wrote: »
    Now that would be worthy of a pic :D

Here is mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stuboy01

plucking out the weird wiry hairs from your eyebrows that look like daddylonglegs legs,
    and yes, I'm a man and admit to selectively plucking hairs from my eyebrows, not to shape them mind you, just so I dont look like this:
    http://www.therobotsvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Thufir_Hawat.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My friend has just asked me to house-sit and dog-sit for her for the foreseeable future.

I'm so scared it won't transpire, but god, if it did ... I've not had a home since June 2015. The thoughts of going back to the same familiar bed one night after another ... I'm just ... overwhelmed. I wish it could happen. I hope it will happen! It looks like it will.

Fingers toes and everything crossable crossed. It's beyond my wildest dreams, to even spend a week not living on couches and out of the boot of my car. Two nights in a row in the same place is such a luxury, the odd time it happens. Let alone weeks on end!

Thinking happy happy happy thoughts ... I'm a good person, I deserve this break! I do! It WILL happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I got the job!!!

Congratulations, delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

stuboy01 wrote: »
    plucking out the weird wiry hairs from your eyebrows that look like daddylonglegs legs,
    and yes, I'm a man and admit to selectively plucking hairs from my eyebrows, not to shape them mind you, just so I dont look like this:
    http://www.therobotsvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Thufir_Hawat.png

I do the exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Getting changed to go for a run only to realise I've already got my running socks on.

Been wearing 'em all day.

Huzzah!

A toddler's imagination. So gorgeous just to sit in the same room as your 2-year-old and hear her playing away on her own. It's such a serious business. Deadly serious, as she positions her dolls and all their utensils (if that's the word) in particular places and then reflects on various aspects of how her toys are arranged.

There are big sighs, nods in frustration, nods in satisfaction and even giggles to herself. There are tut, tuts to various dolls over something which they presumably did, and there are extravagent introductions between dolls. All with a hilarious lisp from still using her soother and from her Spanish lessons (!) [most of the carers in the crèche are Spanish and they have officially designated Spanish lessons, creid é nó ná creid].

There are dolls sitting on imaginary toilets, with herself doing toilet sounds. The faces on her as she thinks through things are a language in their own right. Her lack of verbal skills are definitely being compensated for by a massive range and intensity of facial and body expressions. And then she needs me urgently to help change her doll's nappy and she's very concerned about this. So I get down and change (!) the doll's nappy and during this deadly serious operation (it's completely disrespectful to smile in an emergency like this) herself looks at me and passes a little smile as if to say 'Thanks for playing my game.'

Blessed, beautiful, sacred days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

2nd last day in the office to I am complete free !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Having breakfast in the garden. A nice cool 15 degrees and the birds for company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I go to the hospital every six weeks or so but I have an in depth review with lots of tests once a year, bit like a human NCT. I don't have all of the results yet but so far they are very happy with me and there has been no deterioration in the last year :)

Love helping mummys in clothes shops.

The zara sale started and I ran over from work and all the muumys are asking me what size do you wear and what would fit my son as there about the same build as you ha

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Received my new passport in the post this morning. I only applied online last thursday morning. pretty impressive turnaround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Had a really crappy day and I'm just showered, tucked up watching trashy Bravo TV

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just discovered that my local run of the mill Italian chipper does really nice pizzas, way nicer than any of that Domino cheese-in-the-crust-and-ganky-gloop-to-dip-because-more-has-to-be-better-right? style rubbish.

Way cheaper, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

It's almost 12 and I finish work at 12.30. I love this time - the longest time possible till work again on Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Fellow motorists who put on their hazards to thank me this morning put a smile on my face.
    Decent manners and gratitude can really make someone's day!

Today is my last day in my job to i have 9 days off before i start my new role.

So 9 days holidays !!!!.

The 1st time i have had more then 4 days off in a row in nearly a year i cant wait !!!.

I am like what am i even going to do ?. HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Bought a pair of shoes with a flowery pattern all over them :D. They are so cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm the least observant person I know but I have realised that a former poster is back under another guise:) :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement