Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Lady is a tramp. You have made me weep with gratitude. I take for granted everything you just got and I feel ashamed for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Beans on toast.

Forgot about B's on T for several years, but I am so glad I rediscovered them.

So simple & tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

The mutt loves me. I swear it's like a sign! Animals and me don't get on, well I've never had a pet so I don't know how. But this yoke has glued himself to me. And the feeling is mutual! His "mammy" (owner) is unimpressed :D

So I've an open invitation to stay here the rest of forever. Or at least till I find my own little niche in the word.

Thank God. I needed this so badly. Things really do happen at just the right time.

The wee face-een on him. Too cute! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ol' Donie wrote:
    Beans on toast.

Wait till you discover beans on cheese on toast!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Wait till you discover beans on cheese on toast!

Spaghetti hoops on cheese on toast is where it's at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Spaghetti hoops on cheese on toast is where it's at!

Na was never a fan of those hoops, always tasted a bit weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Some good food and watching Spinal Tap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That sensation of all around drifting away, as your eyes close while reading the paper after a busy day,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had a list of things to do this week, and TH at ticking off stuff I've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I have a tray of Cinnamon Buns in the oven. I'm not very good with baking with yeast (I've tried only a handful of times and failed miserably) BUT they are looking pretty good. I'd love a cup of coffee now but I think I'm gonna wait and see how the buns turn out :)

UPDATE: Ok they are yum. :D I think I might have overworked the dough a tad (but will only know when I give it another go) and left them in the oven a few minutes too long. They are really good. I think that I might have broken the 'yeast curse'.

To make it even sweeter the 4 year old 'helped' me make them and because he hasn't eaten his dinner yet he's not allowed have any. It is killing him :rolleyes: Even his 1 year old sister has had some.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Just after sticking up the Wexford flag on a pole at the road at the entrance to the farm. I must say it looks well now in the breeze. Job well done.

Happy with that.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Really TA'd (wait for it .............) that twice today drivers overtook me by using the inside (slow) lane. The first time was when my exit was on the right, so I had to be on the right lane to get off, but the person behind me couldn't wait so undertook me, then moved into my lane only to slam on the brakes to make the exit herself. I am not a slow coach and was going about 3 to 4 km above the stated speed limit in both incidences.

On the second incident, I got off a roundabout onto a two lane one-way road and was on the right-hand lane because I was turning off to the right further up. Cue the impatient drive who drove up my tail, undertook me, and then pulled in front of me in order to take the same right-hand turn.

Now the trivial thing that made me happy was the blue lights of the undercover cop car behind me who saw what happened and pulled over the impatient genius.

Ah poetic Justice .......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was talking to a lovely (and gorgeous) Polish lady in work yesterday afternoon, and was very happy to learn that I'm the first Irish person to pronounce her surname correctly on the first go. She's been here for about 7 or 8 years. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

coming off the chapelizod bypass this morning. when I spied a genius in a 1998 souped up black car. He came flying down the merge lane like a bat of hell. I took great pleasure in driving down the slip road at 15 mph.

The best part was not one car behind behind beep their horn or overtook me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

People that read and then respond to emails instantaneously. As someone who works in Sales and has gotten used to being routinely ignored, these people make me insanely insanely happy.

So, I'm shopping for a new kitchen for the past week or so. Last night the 2-year-old, who has been coming around with me to see them, got up from dinner and went over to the kitchen presses and started "talking" demonstratively to me about the doors. She got her fingers and moved them around the grain of the door (yes, the real wood versus mdf distinction!) and told me in her Spanish soother lisp how "good" it was and then walked over to the next door, opened it out and said "no good" (not as good, I presume!). When asked was the other one níos fearr she answered in English 'Yes, better!" (she gets so excited when she communicates in full sentences with words).

She then went to a deep drawer with the pans, pointed and said with her arms stretched out "look- space!" (she was terribly excited about the kitchen now). When I asked how many euro it was she answered 'dó' (dhá, I presume!) so I gave her €2. She put the €2, which was real, into her little toy till on the side table, and handed me an imaginary kitchen with a big gasp of satisfaction having done all the movements of lifting the kitchen into my arms. I was so impressed that she was silently soaking up so much on our shopping trips that I only remembered that I never got my €2 back until I saw it in her till this morning on the way out to crèche. I hope she's not going money mad on me already (on a walk last week she seems to have got fascinated by the idea of people putting money in parking metres and ran ahead of me to each one shouting 'money!' before looking for money in each one.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

One of my parrots Ruby started chewing the lino inside the front door. I know I'll have to replace it before I leave but I hadn't told the landlord yet. The last time he had to come into the apartment I put a mat down to cover the damage :o

On Saturday I got a new cooker and dryer delivered which the landlord hadn't seen. I was talking to him on Sunday (my apartment is the granny flat beside his house) and he asked to have a look at them. I couldn't make up an excuse not to show him there and then so I had to come clean. I told him Ruby had chewed the lino and I'd replace it (the damage is quite extensive) and when I opened the door and he saw it he just laughed and told me not to be panicking.

I couldn't believe how nonplussed he was about it. I know he's easy going but I expected him to at least say I'd have to replace it. At a time where rents are sky high and landlords can charge what they want, I'm so happy to have one who is so patient and decent. I really am very lucky. He actually found it hilarious that the parrot was so annoyed I wouldn't let her out the door that she chewed the lino in protest.

PaddyCow I want both your parrots and also your landlord, please and thank you! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

PaddyCow I want both your parrots and also your landlord, please and thank you! :D:D:D
    The parrots drive me to distraction and an empty bank balance at times but they make me very happy and I wouldn't give them away for all the money in the world :D

I'm also not giving up my landlord until I'm in a position to buy my own place :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This is a slightly strange to be happy about. And I don't believe in karma. After leaving work today, being the big fat alco that I am, I bought two bottles of vodka. (Yeah, I know.) I was listening to music on my headphones so I didn't hear if they both scanned on the self-service till.

The young lad at the counter undid the lids, and I paid for the stuff (I had other stuff, not just alcohol). When I got home, as I was getting my key, one bottle of vodka smashed on the ground. When I checked my receipt, I had only paid for one, which I got.

Instead of getting a free bottle of vodka, I'm happy enough that 'karma' stopped me from getting the second one for nothing. Happy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

A little bit of heat and sun after the cold miserable day yesterday.
    Seeing someone make a success of a new business with hard work and talent.
    Having a whole weekend ahead with nothing plannned.
    Home made ice pops.

I am in a deadly good mood today!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,627 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Aedin Gormley's voice on Lyric Fm.

Feels like a spa treatment for you ears.

A million miles away from the "STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LISTEN TO ME!!!" on all forms of media these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Watching my dog laying out in the sun and the kittens waking up and yawning and stretching their way around the place. Love these peaceful mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lee Chin. He's a big ridey ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Th, That the other day I started a thread with the intention of finding out if my life experience was actually reflective of men's thinking on a particular issue, using my "Daughter's" experience of a particular social situation for clarity.
    The amount of heated discussion it has generated and projection of ppl own issues onto OP and other posters has been unreal(maybe that's normal for boards, I've not been here that long to know that).

Some very scary things been attributed with little or no real evidence, some of the posters there must be feeling so much better having vomited out some of the crap they are thinking and projecting.
    As someone who works with ppl, it makes me happy when others are less unhappy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

An email from a higher up in the org, complimenting you to your boss and cc'ing the whole office :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This time tom, I'll have my bloods done and foods that I normally wouldn't miss, will have stopped haunting me. Come 10am, Im going to eat my bodyweight in pringles and pain au choc.:D:D

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bredabe wrote: »
    This time tom, I'll have my bloods done and foods that I normally wouldn't miss, will have stopped haunting me. Come 10am, Im going to eat my bodyweight in pringles and pain au choc.:D:D

lol I thought that said "boobs" done at first glance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Adding idiots to your ignore list. Damn that feels good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Having Monday off today,

Work email turned off and just relaxing with my kid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement