Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Driving through an industrialised suburban area listening to "woke up this morning" by Alabama Three.

No cuban cigar or Statue of Liberty mind you but I still felt a tiny bit like Tony Soprano.

I'm gonna do this more often and recommend it to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

One of those rare days at work where I get loads done without hardly trying. Everything went just right, even the rain held off until I was driving home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

It's my three year wedding anniversary. I am more thankful than ever that my better half puts up with me :)

Raspberries straight from the garden. I love summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A caller with a gift in return for a small favour. A 'Thank you" goes a long way to brightening a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Teenage Dirtbag on the radio :)

Was dealing with something earlier this evening and exclaimed "Ara for fúck sake" and at the other side of the room I heard an echo "Ra fer fock sake" coming out of my 2.5 year old's mouth followed by a beaming big smile on her and laugh - she knew she was saying something controversial!! She's completely taking the piss with the imitation - she forgot something earlier and hit herself on the head and exclaimed 'Ceann cipin!' roaring laughing over at me as she repeated herself and the action.

Got her to bed finally (after bringing her and her dolly in its pram on a walk) but she was talking for Ireland this evening. There was no stopping her. So I lay down on the mattress outside her cot facing her and closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. About 15 minutes later all was quiet so I open a single eye to check and there she was with her hands holding up her face, looking straight at me from behind the cot bars with that big roguish smile which quickly erupted into laughter of the "got you!" variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Any more Elephant stories? your little one is so cute and cheers me up with her antics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

A lovely walk on the beach. It was cloudy but quite humid with a slight breeze. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

just a had stroll in the sunshine on my lunch break. Gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Council are redoing the road outside my house. It's such a beautiful thing to watch as all the machines work in motion. Nice smell too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

naps... just woke up :pac:

A neighbour is turning hay, the smell of the cut grass is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

northgirl wrote: »
    naps... just woke up :pac:
    I'd love a nap! I've had 1.5 hours sleep in total over the last few nights...:(

Today a supplier brought in a few deliveries in jiffy bags, but he also has a box underneath them. "There's a little something to thank you and your colleague for helping me recently."

Accepting it breaks company rules but it wasn't as if we were giving him extra business, just re-arranging information about his own products to make it easier for him to arrange his supplies.

It was a bottle of Smirnoff each, which isn't amazing but it was nice to get the acknowledgement. And no, we didn't hand them up. :pac:

I wouldn't mind but I'd just decided to cut down on (or quit) my alcohol intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Today I had the most wonderful encounter with a social welfare person who has gone completely totally and utterly above and beyond to help me, out of pure goodness and compassion on her part.

There are some real angels on this planet. :o She seems to be doing absolutely everything in the world to help me, without even knowing most of my history, just because she's a good person.

Restores your faith in humanity. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Getting home at 5.30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Had a long drive today and was really hungry. Stopped at a shop that I knew had a hot counter so ordered a few small sausage rolls. Said to the woman serving that I was so hungry that I'd eat the bag. She looked around, winked and slipped a couple of large sausage rolls into the bag. Only charged me for the small ones. Really made my day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My neighbour was very kind to water the flowers in the garden while I was away camping. I don't think they've ever looked as good!

Also I thought i was becoming immune to the practically cold showers on the campsite but its so nice to have a warm shower at home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I can't wait to finally see the four Top Of The Pops from June 1984. I was in Irish college at the time so missed them.

The all-important check on presenters

7 June - David Jensen, John Peel
    14 June - Mike Read, Peter Powell
    21 June - Simon Bates, Gary Davies
    28 June - Steve Wright, Andy Peebles

Looks ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Don't need to set my alarm because I've taken tomorrow off..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bing_crosby

watering the plants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Colser wrote: »

Me too. Going to sleep till noon (unless some random bird sings outside my window at 5am)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Colser wrote: »

Something similar for me except that I am working from home tomorrow so have a two hour lie in.

Something similar for me except that I am working from home tomorrow so have a two hour lie in.

Niiice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

It's my birthday :)

Shpudnik wrote: »

Happy Birthday. Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday , enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

I can't wait to finally see the four Top Of The Pops from June 1984. I was in Irish college at the time so missed them.

The all-important check on presenters

7 June - David Jensen, John Peel
    14 June - Mike Read, Peter Powell
    21 June - Simon Bates, Gary Davies
    28 June - Steve Wright, Andy Peebles

Looks ok.

No pervs there. Looks like you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Happy birthday Sphud. Hope you have a nice one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Happy Birthday Shpudnik!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement