Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Happy Birthdays Shpudnik. Hope you gave a brilliant day.
    TH my niece sat on my knee last night while she watched In the Night Garden.
    The people who invent kids show are defo smoking amazing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

One of the young Robins got into the house today and got stuck at an upstairs window. When I eventually grabbed him (very fast wee bugger lol) he just sat on my finger as I stroked him. Let him out the door and he stayed around till he got fed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

A job at home that I was dreading doing with the last few days is done. Spent all day doing it but it is finished and I'm delighted how it turned out.

So the night will be spent chilling out now with a glass of wine and feeling like I deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I sorted out a mad overgrown part of the garden, all the light! I starting to sound like Dermot Bannon, raving about light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

OMG after a week in my job i finally have a laptop to do my job !!!!. At lest i am not looking at the walls anymore ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I had a lemsip and half a pizza for breakfast, it's going to be a good day!

Also enrolled in a night course that starts this Autumn, intro to psychology, it's only eight weeks but I thought it would be something interesting to do after work. I will be psychoanalysing all of ye! :P

I hope we can start a thread on trivial things that make you happy.

For some reason I am overcome with internal mirth and good humour when I sit in an area outside the town or city just listening to bird song -

- and then I realise that this bird song is _actually_ the equivalent of an avian on-line chat room and what sounds like wonderful bird song to us is actually them going

"A/S/L"
    "Horny male here seeks partner"
    "Cok cok cok need cok"
    "Single lady here looking for other"

and so on. Amuses me no end. But I am simple that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A bit of peace and quiet after a busy morning and stressful enough week - and relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you've been hyperventilating all morning due to going to the dentist(a fate worse than death imo) the relief afterwards is immense,feel like I should have been given a sticker for being such a good patient ðŸ˜also love that really clean feeling on my teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I've had a very busy week at work. Coupled with this my wife's family have been visiting for the last week, they're great but the late nights and mid week drinks have taken their toll.

Now, they've all headed away for the weekend leaving me with the whole house to myself. So the weekend will be filled with boxsets, music, books, cycling, takeaways and coffee shops. And some much needed shuteye!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Neames wrote:
    Now, they've all headed away for the weekend leaving me with the whole house to myself. So the weekend will be filled with boxsets, music, books, cycling, takeaways and coffee shops. And some much needed shuteye!

Enjoy Neames!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Neames wrote:

I have much the same for a few days so deep cleaning, decent TV and lots of spicy food for a few days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

That feeling when you've finally finished cutting the grass out the back that was knee f**kin high.

Ciders tonight & hay fever all day lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

FanadMan wrote: »
    I have much the same for a few days so deep cleaning, decent TV and lots of spicy food for a few days :D
    Want to come around to mine? I hate cleaning but love cooking so I'll keep you fed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Breakfast in the garden with the young fella. Beautiful day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

On my way up to the big smoke to see Once the musical, Ioved the film and the music so I'm all excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Text from my grandson "on our way over, bringing lunch. Have coffee on"
    A pleasant afternoon promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Firefighters in London being asked to lead the Pride parade,
    *what a price they have to pay for the honour tho.
    Next door have the gardeners in, the other side has her bark at anything terrier out, the gsd is barking at the gardeners and terrier is barking at the wannabe interloper. Never felt so safe!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Dough for bread rolls rising in the hot press (bacon butty for brunch anyone?), a coffee in hand, a stack of pancakes ready for the children, two loads of washing ready for the line and a sense of peace and contentment that far outweighs the horror of a 6am start on a non-working Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Crash Bandicoot Remaster for the PS4 just brings a joy to my face every time i play it !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Flowers from a member of opposite sex. Can't be beaten.

(Ok grandson carrying wildflowers but still can't be beaten)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Sausages on toast with a sprinkle of salt.

Life can be real good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Went out for a drive with my oh earlier. We were driving on this back road which is very narrow and bendy and there was a man stopped on a bend in the road who had broken down.

He had some jump leads so we were able to jump start the car from ours. Nice to help someone out when they're stuck like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Schwanz wrote: »
    Sausages on toast with a sprinkle of salt.

Life can be real good.

Jesus I'd love some sausages and toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Teaching my "know it all" friend that it is almost impossible to get around some parts of the country using public transport.
    In teaching him that athlone is the centre of the universe as far as travel for midlands and west is concerns, we found some gem's of bus routes going all kinds of unexpected places. Happy Happy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dinner out with my da - loved it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Bredabe wrote: »
    Teaching my "know it all" friend that it is almost impossible to get around some parts of the country using public transport.
    In teaching him that athlone is the centre of the universe as far as travel for midlands and west is concerns, we found some gem's of bus routes going all kinds of unexpected places. Happy Happy.
    You can tell him that Paddy Cow lives in Galway city and it only takes 1hr 45mins to get to my home by car but 6hrs by bus :eek: You have to get three different buses with long delays inbetween :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Building work is starting on the house today! I'm so excited. We bought the house 3 years ago. Planning permission was granted 2.5 years ago so it has been a case of saving and getting our ducks in a row.
    I know that I'll be driven insane multiple times in the next few months but I really could jump up and down in excitement that it is really really really starting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I had a massage booked for ages for this afternoon. I have to work this afternoon even though technically it's my day off. Text my massage lady to cancel and she just had a cancellation for massage this morning! Thrilled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH waiting for clothes I bought online to arrive. Will they fit, will the colours be as nice as on screen, hurry up postman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement