Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

Jrop wrote: »
    Any more Elephant stories? your little one is so cute and cheers me up with her antics.

hehe. The elephant is so three weeks ago! She was given a present of a doll and a pram in the meantime and the comedy continued. She insisted that she was bringing the doll and the pram into crèche so she wheeled it in one morning. All the usual people said hello to her but she blanked them all determined that nobody would prevent her getting the pram into her room. Deadly serious business once again - it was like a real, live baby she was protecting. Once she got away with it the first day, she's been strolling in with baby and pram everyday since, confidently saying hello to everybody.

Two evenings ago she was out in the garden wearing pull-ups (progress!) and no shirt doing laps around the patio shouting 'Look at me rith!, Look at me rith!' What a sight. Sonia O'Sullivan wouldn't have been up to her. I'm delighted at this, of course, because she's going to sleep! Yesterday evening she was sauntering around the house in a red and black butterfly suit chuffed with herself and her style. By the time I was bringing her to bed I was given a pink pram, a doll, a blanket (she puts the doll to sleep in the pram next to her cot) water, two monkeys and, for the first time, ...two butterfly wings - the wife burst out laughing while handing me the latter) and I duly marched up the stairs behind her majesty as she counted out loud while gripping the railing at each step.

This morning I was in the kitchen getting ready to go out to work and I heard herself talking in that baby babble sort of way in the hall. I walked out on my way to the front door and she was sitting on the bottom step of the stairs talking on a red toy phone with hilarious facial expressions and baby versions of adult words that were entirely taken from watching and listening to her mother on the phone. I thought she'd stop talking to her imaginary friend on her imaginary phone to say goodbye to me, but no. She simply nodded and raised a finger in acknowledgement of me as I went out the door and continued on with her imaginary conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

My lawnmower is working again.....ish. Stopped working last week and was getting it ready to take back to the service guy. Thought I'd try it one last time when it started!! Got mowing and didn't stop it once, even when emptying the basket (dangerous I know) but it had a habit of not restarting for hours.

Lawn looks lovely compared to the meadow that was there a couple of hours previous. But mower won't start again - will have to leave it for a while as have a funeral to attend in London and can't afford both things.

Guess this is a TH/TA post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's the first time in six months that my vitamin B12 levels are normal. I can actually get up now for the day and manage without being as tired as before. I might need another few injections but I feel much better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Have had a weird rash the past few days and went to chemist. She said she suspected it may be measles and go to the dr. Went to the dr and it's not measles, it's an allergic reaction!!! Delighted

Met my friend today for lunch, she was busy with the baby so asked me if I'd take the older child to the toilet. He's 3 and loves me. Last month it was his brothers christening and I was godmother so we were sitting in the front seat together and i had red lipstick on. He marched over to me with a pout looking for a kiss, so I kissed him and left a big red lipstick stain on him. So, today I took him to bathroom, pulled his pants down and lifted him onto toilet. He hugged my legs and told me he loved me. So I lifted him down and bent down to pull up his pants answer he landed another kiss on my face and said "wememba in da church you gave me a kiss with wed lipdick" awww

I love how excited he gets when he sees me. I wouldn't describe myself as a kid friendly person but they seem to love me for some reason. Probably because I'm a push over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Two girls of about 4 sitting in a trolley at Tesco, just behind me, helping their mother by unloading the shopping onto the belt. Made me smile inside!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The missus is going away tomorrow morning until Friday evening. Just me and my pussy cat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The man in front of me in the queue at the supermarket was asked did he have a loyalty card. He said that he didn't but asked me did I, and gave me his points :)

The other day I was on a trip to Dublin and was on the Luas with my teenager who has a significant but not obvious disability. She would find it hard to stand for long periods and balance is an issue. Being very self conscious and shy she would rather die than have me ask someone to give her a seat, especially considering that she looks like any other teenage girl. I was subtly trying to give her a bit of support when a man offered her his seat. She very gratefully accepted and it made her day. She said he didn't have to do that, that he had no idea by looking at her that she may need it more than anyone else. After all the horror stories I have read on here about people on the Luas, I thought it would be nice to share a good one :)

I lifted up my six-month old gasúr, who is the happiest, most chilled-out baby in all four corners of Ireland. He looked straight at me, smiled hugely with his two gorgeous dimples bringing him into another stratosphere of supercute and then...and then... stretched out his two little arms amid all his cute baby sounds and made a koala hug around my neck. The touch of his soft hands, the excited cooing, the conscious embrace from such a young life. Feel. Just gorgeous. Ineffably gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH that despite being 50 something, I still have the sense of humour of a teenager, and still get the giggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I lifted up my six-month old gasúr, who is the happiest, most chilled-out baby in all four corners of Ireland. He looked straight at me, smiled hugely with his two gorgeous dimples bringing him into another stratosphere of supercute and then...and then... stretched out his two little arms amid all his cute baby sounds and made a koala hug around my neck. The touch of his soft hands, the excited cooing, the conscious embrace from such a young life. Feel. Just gorgeous. Ineffably gorgeous!

I've never wanted kids but your posts almost make me broody!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Warm apple pie with scoop of vanilla ice cream.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Damselflies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Jelly and icecream has been a happiness booster for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had bust a gut trying to find light enough leggings/jersey trousers for this weather, was down to my last pair. Then I found my meditation cd was still in UK and O/H will be on night shift for the next few months, so cant be trusted to remember to post it back or where to post it too.

TH, that I had forgotten that I had bought acceptable replacements for the leggings over the year that slipped my mind in my tri centre lifestyle AND that a sib has a copy of my meditation cd, they willing to give me.

*NB to be happy about the little things or a few 100€ saved.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Today I wanted to watch the F1 Qualifying, and also the Wimbledon Women's Singles Final, but both started at 1PM. I opted to watch the F1, which was great, then switched over to the tennis ... and it was just starting due to a rain delay. So I got to watch both, and the first set was among the best tennis I've seen. Both players had to put everything they had in to it, but Garbine Muguruza eventually won it 7-5. (After that, Venus Williams had nothing left and lost the 2nd and final set 0-6.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This probably seems mean but:
    Boysib threw a wobbly over me washing some unused bedding to give to a newly seperated friend and a colleague who works with homeless ppl. On and on about the cost of washing and drying such items, then giving me evils about how handy such items would be if I hadn't given them away. Tho he hasn't seen them since pre '00.

Now I find that he has left the water heater(on bath) for two nights, so the cost(which I will pay when the bill comes in) is absorbed into his forgetting to turn it off, almost like it never existed.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Back to my birds. Young robins are getting tamer and tamer. Coming into the house as soon as door is opened and accepting food. Not quite at the hand feeding stage get but getting there.

Also, a young sparrow has been hanging around with the robins. Was trying to tempt the robins to feed when the sparrow started biting at my hand. Think he's a bit dim - there was loads of food on my hand and all he wanted to do was bite my fingers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Got some new makeup today and only realised when I got home that the woman threw a load of free samples in the bag with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My two little rescue hens have started to roost. It's taken over a month for their legs to build up strength to hop up on the perch. Side by side they look like two ould ones giving out about the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A Cadbury's Twirl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

A Cadbury's Twirl.

SNAP! Just opened this thread to post the same thing!!

#CHOCOLATE TWINS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I was rooting through my stack of ironing this morning to find a top and found a multipack of Cadburys Freddos that I must have stashed and forgotten about,had one for breakfast.ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My sister in law. I never had a sister, and wouldn't be close to my brother. But adore his partner. I finally have a sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dogs heads out windows of cars (but not the danger of it)

northgirl wrote: »

Love that! Best I ever saw was two St Bernards hanging out of a car window. The side of the car was covered in slobber but the dogs were so happy looking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

northgirl wrote: »

Ah my doggy does it but she has a seatbelt and her nose goes no further out than my wing mirror does and it makes her soooo happy and she's terrified of cars since she was thrown out of one so it's totally worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I was told that dogs like sticking their head out the windows of moving cars because it reminds them of running, the thrill of chasing. That's why they look so happy when they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Ah my doggy does it but she has a seatbelt and her nose goes no further out than my wing mirror does and it makes her soooo happy and she's terrified of cars since she was thrown out of one so it's totally worth it :D

Your doggy has a seatbelt, that's so cute, I didn't even know you could get doggy seatbelts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Your doggy has a seatbelt, that's so cute, I didn't even know you could get doggy seatbelts!
    You can get them in any pet store. I got one for my sister's dog. It keeps the dog safe and also keeps you covered. I read that if you have an accident with an unrestrained dog in the car, you won't be covered as they can say the dog distracted you. I don't know 100% if that's true but better safe than sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I forgot I put a pizza in the oven. It ended okay because the door to the kitchen was open but still.
    Surprise pizza.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement