Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Having a shower or a bath after a long day, that feeling of being fresh and clean, and in clean fresh pjs ... trivially makes me happy.
    Even better when you have clean sheets. It's like climbing into heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not T but happy that when I was worried sick about a family matter I had someone who listened to me, googled the issue and used the info to sooth me. Even if its wrong info, I'll had a few more days of peace before I find out that out.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Very trivial, but the music off Gardener's World makes me very happy.

Kind of makes me feel that maybe, just maybe, the whole world isn't just a complete load of bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

My grandmother's homemade sausage tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that this week is so by slowly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Jrop wrote: »
    TA that this week is so by slowly

Wrong thread!
    Your wee mistake has made me a little TH. :)

DOH !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When you're getting your hair done and the hairdresser isn't chatty and doesn't talk to you. Few hours peace. Bliss.

TH my "daughter" was commenting on how it had been unusually noisy the other sat early evening, to the guy who shares her landing. He kept saying that such and such was very quite and my girl was "complaining again" about something that he didn't hear, so didn't happen. She didn't accept this from him and kept their chat on this topic till he walked off.
    In this weather, their house is mostly open plan, so a few hours later she heard the two guys talking about what she had said, her neighbour said he had something to help him sleep around that time and was too out of it to know what had happened. So happy she didn't back down and stuck to her guns in the face of this kind of bull&8it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was on the train today and a man sitting a few seats across from me got a bit frustrated with his phone so he banged it against the window.

There was a toddler of about two on the train who looked at him and said "ha ha" in the exact same tone as Nelson from The Simpson's. The man even laughed himself. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Tis my birthday in 2.5 hours, I tend to get very excited about my birthday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Happy Birthday to ya, Happy Birthday to ya, Happy Buuurthday!

mewe wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to ya, Happy Birthday to ya, Happy Buuurthday!

Aww cheers :)

No birthday lapdance, no? Or you could do a Marilyn Monroe on it :D

I hope you have a fantabulous day, LMB! X

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Lady , enjoy !!

Happy Birthday Lady MB. I hope you have a fantastic day xx

In one of the german supermarkets in the midlands last pm, I heard a youngster politely ask a member of staff where a certain item was located on the shelves. This youngster had such a lovely manner and tone it was heartening to see/hear, claps on the back all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I'm having a **** show of a day.

There's a pair of shoes I've been eyeing up.

Now I've the perfect excuse to go and buy the damn shoes to cheer myself up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I got my camera fixed on my phone so I can take photos of my dogs again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Hope you're having a great day Lady..X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Plane spotting in the rain. Strangely therapeutic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I bought 2 picnic bars for €1.80 whole in the shop, purely cos they were on offer, even though I was pretty sure they weren't very nice.

I've just eaten one and they're delicious, straight in to my top 10 of bars. Apparently I've never tried one before, but always assumed I had and they were meh.
    TH!!!

I have this issue with a lot of peanut things for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I woke at 4am yesterday, worked 8-4, cycled to get the 4.15 up to Dublin, went to the Iveagh Gardens to see Belle & Sebastian, and got the bus home. I was awake for 95% of the journey but then I heard "Newbridge! Last stop in Newbridge!". I could have ended up in Kildare town. :eek:

It was my stop, and my bike was locked very close-by. (Thank you, bus driver!)
    Bredabe wrote: »
    In one of the german supermarkets in the midlands last pm, I heard a youngster politely ask a member of staff where a certain item was located on the shelves. This youngster had such a lovely manner and tone it was heartening to see/hear, claps on the back all round.

Manners, eh? The little things matter. :)

Thank you very much everyone for the birthday wishes, ye spoil me! I had a lovely day, there was lots of chocolate cake and I got a kindle so I am a very lucky girl! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Happy Birthday Lady MacBeth. (Out out damned spot....or words to that effect)

My sister got married 5 years ago today so that means it's 5 years since I last smoked a fag. Happy anniversary to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Thank you very much everyone for the birthday wishes, ye spoil me! I had a lovely day, there was lots of chocolate cake and I got a kindle so I am a very lucky girl! :)

Happy belated birthday Lady :) Hope you had a really happy one and blew out all the candles so all your wishes will come true.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Happy belated birthday Lady :) Hope you had a really happy one and blew out all the candles so all your wishes will come true.

Aww, thank you :)

Unfortunately that's all I blew :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Last weekend I went to Killiney Beach, and someone was flying a noisy drone. Another guy walked past me, rolling his eyes, and we had the following conversation:

Me: "click-click" (sound of pump-action shotgun )
    Him: "bang"

:cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Eating marmalade on toast. It always reminds me of hotels and guesthouses as it's something I never buy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement