Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭vegetables

Popping furniture parts together.

Push push push, click.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Girl dog running up 4 flights of stairs at 6.45am to show me how happy and WET she was after her walk this am, dried herself on my quilt and woke me, ran back downstairs to do the shop run. Must be lovely stuff she is sniffing in the local park.

That boots uk have heard public opinion and promised to source more budget friendly emergency contraception.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Reading my son a bedtime story :)

Little girls :)

I'm sitting in Costa and there are two next to me waiting for mammy to come back from the queue. The younger is I'd say three and the older one six. You should see them. The six year old has a leopard print tulle skirt, a pink shirt, pale blue cardi and pink suede shoes. Her hair is super blonde just like her mam's. She is dressed just how I imagine my girl would be if I had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Agnes from despicable me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Picking an apple off a tree instead of taking it out of a packet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Drinking Baileys at Christmas time, my birthday, or if I'm away on holiday someplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

branie2 wrote: »
    Drinking Baileys at Christmas time, my birthday, or if I'm away on holiday someplace.

Weddings!

I always have a baileys for the toast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Wearing a suit. Makes a nice change from my usual tracksuit and hoodie dress sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My sister found out she's expecting a boy and my three year old niece just said "Anna you're finally going to be an uncle!"

• Advertisement

Eating a Choc-ice

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bikers heading off somewhere when the sun is shining . They never fail to make me smile anyway and wonder where they are heading to , but the sun makes it seem more adventurous somehow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Following on from the trivial things that annoy you, I hope we can start a thread on trivial things that make you happy.
    Dreamed about fresh tomatoes last night. Just bought some. Wonderful yet trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Having a dream that actually contains a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Bikers heading off somewhere when the sun is shining . They never fail to make me smile anyway and wonder where they are heading to , but the sun makes it seem more adventurous somehow.

I'll second that! Bikers are one of my favourite things about driving on a sunny day. There were a few on the Passage East car ferry yesterday evening and I was killed wondering what they were up to for the evening when they got off in Ballyhack :)

A beer on a Sunday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After spending all day struggling with explorer, I got my fav chrome working again. ridic happy about it too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Fellow boardsies helping me with my WiFi. Needed to change the password and got help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Out for a run & passing walkers who don't hear you frightening the bejaysus out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

farts and rashers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Young girl on the street selling cooking apples her mam was minding her. Bought €1, she was delighted. Gave them to my mum to make apple tart :P

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭vegetables

pulled out a wood splinter from my finger that was there for a day and i didn't know about.

small swelling. pulling it out felt great (ooh er).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A nice man let me go ahead in the queue in the coffee shop today. We started talking about random acts of kindness.

A nice man let me go ahead in the queue in the coffee shop today. We started talking about random acts of kindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I only have 5 more days of work doing July Provision and then I can finally have a holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

madmaggie wrote: »
    madmaggie wrote: »

I'm not thanking this twice.....unless you have a coffee addiction and another person let you go ahead in a different shop :D :P

TH with the thanks. I was half asleep typing it, hence the double post.

It's not every day any of you can say you woke up at 6:30am to an arm wrestle on the duvet between your 6-month-old son and 2.5-year-old daughter! This evening, in another first, I can!

Himself is super cute, pudgy with huge smiles and gorgeous dimples every time he smiles. Add this natural smiley disposition and his amazing grip to herself and her great roaring laugh, divilment and roguery with the world and you get the idea of this morning. She cracked "jokes" to him, roared laughing and he did his baby smiles and laughs in response. She loved it and he was all excited with the interaction. He then reached his little arms over to grip her arm and so began a hilarious baby wrestling competition where the two of them laughed their little hearts out moving each other's arms.

I'd love to bottle all this creativity and cuteness from them. It gets funnier by the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

himself texting me to tell me he has my iPad. So relieved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The dog on Barleycove beach today, running at lightning pace barking and chasing seagulls several feet above him - hilarious :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement