Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A call out of the blue this morning from a friend of a friend in London, and someone very well known in his field, asking if he can cite me in a book he's working on. It's nice to be remembered.

The flattery helps too. :

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Chilling in my living room to the view of my dog's fluffy behind as he does his people watching from his perch on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Out for a run & passing walkers who don't hear you frightening the bejaysus out of them.
    Interrupting the intellectual discussion I'm having with the dog! I just knew ye runners love scaring us energetically challenged people.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

madmaggie wrote:
    Interrupting the intellectual discussion I'm having with the dog! I just knew ye runners love scaring us energetically challenged people.

I'd join in with talking to your dog.

Friendly animals are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Maybe a little more than trivial.. After year of will I go, won't I go.. I'm finally moving out of Dublin for greener pastures. I'm excited!

• Advertisement

I'd love to bottle all this creativity and cuteness from them. It gets funnier by the day!

If you do please keep it to yourself! :p

My TH is a salted caramel slice from Insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Just home from a long walk with my dog, who is delighted with himself cos so many people stopped him to tell him how lovely he is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Just home from a long walk with my dog, who is delighted with himself cos so many people stopped him to tell him how lovely he is :)

This made me smile. It must be great to be a well looked after dog! Or any pet really, I think this when my cat comes home and there is a big show of greeting him and cuddling him and kissing him and telling him how great he is. Then he gets food and goes for a sleep in bed. I just want that life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ah, that is so lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Was super TH on Saturday to discover there's a dog friendly cafe in Dublin. Himself just came in and sat under the table. Food was lovely, an' all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

THANK F&*K the new moon has passed and all the cray cray types that come with it, have reverted to their normal narky selves.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

This made me smile. It must be great to be a well looked after dog! Or any pet really, I think this when my cat comes home and there is a big show of greeting him and cuddling him and kissing him and telling him how great he is. Then he gets food and goes for a sleep in bed. I just want that life.

My animals are so spoilt. It's ridiculous :D And the dog and the baby are best friends. Loads of secret conversations between them. And she sneaks food down the side of her high chair to him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Swan Centre clock rathmines is working again. Wha???? Lovely dings....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Made a beef stir fry with noodles for dinner. Had a Chinese sauce to go with it and it was nicer than I thought it would be.

If you do please keep it to yourself! :p

It's a deal, as long as you keep the defences of spinsterhood to yourself! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fresh cherries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

My animals are so spoilt. It's ridiculous :D And the dog and the baby are best friends. Loads of secret conversations between them. And she sneaks food down the side of her high chair to him :)

Our daughter is 5 weeks old now and I'm so proud of our 2 year old dog for how good he is with her. He's so protective of her. He's the most affectionate lovely dog but he can get a bit over excited let's say sometimes so we wondered how he might be with her but he learned quickly that she was a wee baby and quickly became enamoured with her. He regularly lies on his belly on the rug in the living room looking up at her in her crib through the bars and falling asleep watching her. If he thinks she's upset like with bad wind or that he whines and looks so worried about her. He's just been so good with her from the start and you can see already that there'll be a lovely bond there.

Yeah, proud daddy on both counts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Happy happy happy at the thoughts of a tiny baby having a best friend already. I've had dogs all my life and they were often the only good and positive things in my life, when I had nobody or nothing else, I was never quite alone.

It makes me so happy thinking about kids growing up with the gift of an animals love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

The cool pictures thread here on boards. I just love it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've had a tin of paint lying around for a while that I have been wondering what to do with. Last night, I had an idea and wanted to put a bit of the paint on something to see what it would look like......

A bit of paint turned into using the entire tin of paint and doing something that I'm really proud of and after sparking loads of ideas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Pay day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Pay day :D

Tomorrow for me, but it looks heavier than normal which is only effin brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Getting my hacked 3 money card refunded, they are putting the odd money on it, 1.01€ roughly. which means I have to pay to top it up again to round it off, making me more sustainable to hacking OR leave a company I despise with a passion with 1.01€ of my money, meaning I cant close the account.:eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

A cold shower in the evening when I'm home from work. Really refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

4 numbers and the bonus on Irish lotto main draw

141 Euro, I iz rich :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bought a pair of trousers on Amazon thinking it was the same as previous pair bought, in a different colour, only to realise they were a different style (very subtle difference) and didn't t fit the same at all.

Started the return procedure annoyed that my mistake would mean I had to pay postage and hassle of getting to a post office, only for them to say I don't have to return them and full refund has been made!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Bought a pair of trousers on Amazon thinking it was the same as previous pair bought, in a different colour, only to realise they were a different style (very subtle difference) and didn't t fit the same at all.

Started the return procedure annoyed that my mistake would mean I had to pay postage and hassle of getting to a post office, only for them to say I don't have to return them and full refund has been made!

Amazon are amazing for that. I bought a few cases for my new phone a few weeks ago. One i opened and the packaging for the case was there but the case was not in it, got onto amazon and got a full refund without them asking for proof etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

mikemac2 wrote: »
    4 numbers and the bonus on Irish lotto main draw

141 Euro, I iz rich :D

Giz a loan :P

Actually last Friday I asked for 2 lines of quick pick with the plus for "Tonights Euro Millions draw" and I never bothered to check the ticket in the shop. Got home and realised it was for the normal lotto, I was pi$$ed off but sure feck it, won 9 euro out of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Looking at the clock expecting it to be something past two and instead it is something to five.
    Down tools time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH that I have a nice gp. It makes a change from being treated like a nuisance, and barely getting a word.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement