Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Sky King wrote: »
    Having a nice pint in the airport bar with a newspaper in the middle of the day, just before you get on a plane to go somewhere nice.

Jesus i miss that...

Merging threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Merging threads!

a w okay.. not quite the same me thinks..

trivial things that make you happy

vs

little things you love..

eg little is not necessarily trivial
    and what you love does not necessarily have to be connected only with feeling of happiness, but is a bit wider term..
    but well ......

Joya wrote: »
    a w okay.. not quite the same me thinks..

trivial things that make you happy

vs

little things you love..

eg little is not necessarily trivial
    and what you love does not necessarily have to be connected only with feeling of happiness, but is a bit wider term..
    but well ......

Don't get caught up on the thread title. The content is the very same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Don't get up on the thread title. The content is the very same.

i know :)

just sayin' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Being able to fly my r/c copter again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Getting the straw into a capri-son first try :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Sat out now having a drink,grass looks tidy,swept the slabs so thats looking tidy,its quite at the minute.very relaxing,coldish but just a nice moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

BadCompany wrote: »
    When dogs are given instrinsically human names like Ian.

This post.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Not trivial but have nowhere else to put it - my fantastic boyfriend who just spent his whole bank holiday weekend nursing me back to health :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The very rare occurrence of waking up in a nice comfy bed annoyed that you have to get up and go to work, only to then realise it is a weekend and you can lie in. Those few seconds of ignorance leads to a wonderful surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Heading down to the aisle with the toilet paper or the one with the condoms when Tesco's is overcrowded, no one lingers around either so it's always a nice reprieve.

The way everyone asides from a few auld ones piles into the back few seats of a church.

The relief of deciding to not bother doing something when the stress and effort required becomes too much to bother with.

Mickey D’s will accept your creditcard to pay for junk food when you're outta cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

gugleguy wrote: »
    Mickey D’s will accept your creditcard to pay for junk food when you're outta cash.

That stuff will kill ya. :)

Finding perfectly ripened locally grown nectarines. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Wossack

seeing the date of an important event (birthdays, anniversaries etc) as the expiry on a carton of milk

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seeing Flame Grilled Steak flavoured crisps in the vending machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

The moment when you open a big thick book ( even the e version) and you know you are in the company of a great writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

When you order something off Amazon and it arrives a day earlier than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

When the guy in the NCT centre hands you your new NCT cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Sitting with my boyfriend watching matches, looking forward to the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A cut lawn, flowerbeds free of weeds and a cold beer waiting in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

This is a really, really petty one, but if you had my neighbours you would understand. Our next door neighbours on either side are Hellish for parties. The alky cat hating ones next door often party til the early hours and because we are decent quiet living people they were always able to sleep it off without being woken up, despite having kept us awake half the night with parties.

Well, they've had a young couple in their 20's who love to party move in next door to them and they are far from quiet. The real kicker is the bitch knows them and their families and is the sort who will just put up with it, saying nothing and quietly seething about it. If it were us she'd be banging the door down to complain. Honestly, the woman is a fcuking nightmare, so seeing them being kept awake makes me very, very happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Cutting into freshly baked bread from your mum's oven and having it with a steamin mug of strong hot tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The thread about trivial things that annoy you makes me happy. I'm conflicted about which one this sentiment should be posted in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Merging threads!

I thought merging threads was a trivial thing that made you happy.
    Slightly disappointed now.

That stuff will kill ya. :)

Finding perfectly ripened locally grown nectarines. :D
    ok. I suppose I should try and improve my diet for the boards meetup so I look the part. Whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Looking forward to a date with my little dude this evening. Taking him to Smyths and then going for ice cream

When a thread is declared abandoned by another OP, and is not locked or closed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

A really nice cup of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Aglomerado wrote: »
    A cut lawn, flowerbeds free of weeds and a cold beer waiting in the fridge.

Or a glass of chilled wine! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement