Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The day started out looking a bit bluh but now have a trip to the movie Dunkirk planned, a fancy dan meal out tonight and a grand old walk up the mountains in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I woke up at 11.20 this morning thinking "Arrrgh, it's 11.20 Monday morning!!!" before thinking "It can't be. It must be 11.20 pm, Sunday night!" before thinking "It's bright out. It must be 11.20 Sunday morning!!!". :D

Then I realised...eh, I was up at 8am, went for a (local) cycle, and found a free gym in the local park by the river. Outdoors. I'd avoided it in the past because I thought it was a kids' playground area, and nobody wants a Badly Drunk 44 year old Boy at one of them! The gym also has stuff for wheelchair users.

So yeah, I'm trivially happy today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just back-slapped a fly using my peripherals (and the back of my hand). It had been wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was undecided which Trivial thread to post this in, but seeing as all you can do it laugh ( which I did out loud..)

Put on a wash earlier with a duvet cover, forgot to close the buttons on it.

Just after taking it out now, and EVERY single item was inside the duvet cover. One or two item generally get swallowed up into it, but everything.

Thankfully no-one heard be laughing unloading it all.

I got caught in the rain and it was glorious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Especially if there are puddles to jump in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I have a week off work. Going to a little seaside village in Waterford overnight during the week and then glamping for a night in Killarney on Friday. Looking forward to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I have a week off work. Going to a little seaside village in Waterford overnight during the week and then glamping for a night in Killarney on Friday. Looking forward to it :D

Seaside village :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Tom., we should track LadyMacbeth down !

73Cat wrote: »
    Tom., we should track LadyMacbeth down !

I'm going to track the both of ye down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was walking along Royal Canal but running out of time so stopped in Moyvalley and ask the bar owner could they call me a taxi. Was going to Enfield about 7km away

Had to order a pint of course ;) would be rude to get a pub owner to call you a taxi without buying anything

Counted my loose change and was certain an ATM stop was needed. Taxi man said 8 Euro and I said "is that all?"

On a taxi meter on Sunday rate I guesstimate 14 Euro or so.

Yaaaaay to culchie hackney local prices \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm going to track the both of ye down :D

I'd say you wouldn't have to go a million miles to find me :)

Trivially happy that Ben &Jerry's is on special offer in Tesco again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Pina colada madam?

TH, my bed!

Naked Gun is on ITV4 @9.

Need an easy on the brain film to keep the Sunday Blues at bay.

Then again it is only a three day week for Ted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Naked Gun is on ITV4 @9.

Three day week for Colser also..happy happy days.

Have a few more happy things, but I could end up TA-ing some & end up as an item in that thread if I post them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mention of 'Sunday Blues' reminds me of how I'll never lose the enjoyment of never having to go to work or be on the clock again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Naked Gun is on ITV4 @9.

Just sat down to watch it and was flicking through Boards when I saw your post......great minds think alike :D Time for some silly but funny comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I've the radio on for the last hour and the music is fantastic..couldn't have picked better myself.Looking forward to the last episode of The Handmaids Tale later..gripping show.

Mention of 'Sunday Blues' reminds me of how I'll never lose the enjoyment of never having to go to work or be on the clock again

At least I don't make noises getting out of chairs.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My youngest dog is beyond affectionate
    He trots along next to me looking back at me or looking up at me instead of looking where he's going
    Tonight he was let into my bed for a quick cuddle before I change my sheets and he has his little paws wrapped around my spooning arm
    I keep trying to sit up to get up to change sheets but he pushes into me very close to prolong his bed experience
    He gives me a random kiss every few seconds

He loves his mammy
    I think my dogs can mimic my personality. Full of mischief one min and needy and wanting attention the next minute he's mad for the cuddles

At least I don't make noises getting out of chairs.

:P

Not sure what the relevance is because nether do I.

I do and I'm 28 :)

I do and I'm 28 :)

You should see about that Lexie ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't mind Ted, Julio Tasty Spring - sour grapes, that's all. :D

New Home wrote: »
    Don't mind Ted, Julio Tasty Spring - sour grapes, that's all. :D

What did I tell you about sampling my grapes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Didn't have to sample them, I knew they were sour just by looking at them. Ask the Fox, if you don't believe me.

You should see about that Lexie ;)

:D I'm an old soul S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Listening to my "daughter" telling me how her first day at "Work" went and how the kids in the daycare took to her and all that, I was a bit concerned as she is different to lots of ppl she will meet in her work and I was expecting there would be comments on that. TH, her only complaints about her job are 1. Kids are noisy, 2. Babies are smelly and poo in unison, 3.The jog pants she's asked to wear for obvious reasons,4. How much she hates jog pants and flat shoes.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

I did a 3k walk today, not very much for most people but I have about 50% lung function so I'm pretty happy with that :D

Then subway to reward myself for lunch :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement