Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I went to the house I will be moving into, parked my car and walked to work. 2 miles. I can walk to work.....That's my exercise for the day sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I met my friend for lunch today. I haven't seen her or spoken to her in months but we had a great chat :) She's one of the nicest people I know and I always feel great after seeing her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Nice lunch, hair done, found a good book in perfect condition in a charity shop... I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Nice lunch, hair done, found a good book in perfect condition in a charity shop... I'm happy.

I'm getting my hair done tomorrow. Can't wait. I'm contemplating whether or not to go back to blonde :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

When I go to the elevator and it's on my floor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Getting the cereal to milk ratio just right.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Finding a big bag of Daim sweets tucked away in a secret hiding spot :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I managed to unlock my phone to all networks and change network provider today without any problems. Thought I'd mess up the unlocking of it but I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Finding a big bag of Daim sweets tucked away in a secret hiding spot :cool:

Found it in your big ass gap, didn't you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TH that the new tablets my consultant put me on 7 weeks ago haven't come with any of the possible awful side effects that i was warned about. They seem to be working a treat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Found it in your big ass gap, didn't you? :p

woooaaahhh, I create them, I don't have one! :P

Weather looks good, looking forward to a lunchtime run

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

THHHHHH, that all but two of our work experience/summer workers/students are leaving in two weeks time. I get they are keen to learn the job and want to set the world to rights. But, they just so much work!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was just out in the warehouse a minute ago. The doorbell rang (right beside me) so I answered. I had been on my hunkers/haunches until then, but I sprung to life. From 3 foot, I suddenly became 6'5", scaring the 5'5" courier who hadn't seen me. I said "Ah, I'm just a little lad...".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Very TH. After six weeks of semi deafness, ear pain and infection, all is cured. Wax and gunk gone, I could have kissed my doctor. His wife is his receptionist, so not a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I heard a noise in the chimney of the oil burner yesterday. After a major operation opening the boiler and removing a pile of soot, I got a very bedraggled, black, Great Tit out. He flew off but looked in a bad way. He's happily feeding on the peanuts at the bird table today and now just a dull grey. Happy he made it through his ordeal.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's lovely, Srameen! :)

Reminds me of the time a little mouse fell out of the chimney. Considering the height of the house, I've been wondering whether it got on the roof on its own in the first place, or whether it was brought up there by an owl or something and then managed to escape. I bet it couldn't believe its luck when I freed it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Having a shower and Bohemian Rhapsody comes on the radio. No better song to start the day.

All together now...

Thunderbolt and lightning,
    Very, very frightening me.
    (Galileo) Galileo.
    (Galileo) Galileo,
    Galileo Figaro
    Magnifico-o-o-o-o.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This guy makes me happy ---> :pac:
    Look at him there, his little face.
    He has saved many from the threat of a ban, no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I heard a noise in the chimney of the oil burner yesterday. After a major operation opening the boiler and removing a pile of soot, I got a very bedraggled, black, Great Tit out. He flew off but looked in a bad way. He's happily feeding on the peanuts at the bird table today and now just a dull grey. Happy he made it through his ordeal.

Something similar happened to me recently, but it was a blackbird; a good bit bigger than a Great Tit. He came down the chimney and was kept in by the fire guard and must have been there for hours, as he was covered in soot and there were soot all over the front of the fireplace. So after getting him to relax a bit on the fire grate (Note: there was no fire burning ...... important fact), I arranged the furniture so that he could freely fly through the huge bay windows that were opened directly in front of him.

But no, when I removed the fire guard, he managed to scrape himself along all four of my newly painted sitting room walls and white ceiling. When he finished changing the colour theme of my room from eggshell to dark stripes, he happily flew away out the window.

I was still (trivially) happy that he escaped without hurting himself.

Pride and Prejudice on the telly.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice... swoon!

New Home wrote: »
    Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice... swoon!

Awwww he is not in this one but Colin Firth would make me swoon too.:D

Ah, then you're watching the wrong P&P! :D

Ah, then you're watching the wrong P&P! :D

There is NO wrong P&P:D

Watch the other one and then come back to me. Colin Firth > whatshisface.

Watch the other one and then come back to me. Colin Firth > whatshisface.

Looked up "whatshisface" on IMDB. Couldn't find him. 😀😀😀

My point exactly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Finally finishing Iron Fist :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

the kindness of strangers, I was getting off a bus the other day when the arm strap of my bag got caught on the arm rest of the seat, I was mortified but the person behind me unhooked it for me. And then when I got off the bus I went to get my luggage in the boot, but couldn't reach the last bag (I had 2), and someone got it for me. Very glad of their help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm off on my holidays today 😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement