Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm off on my holidays today 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I was giving my missus a kiss before we got out of the car, forgot we were in culchieville and the look on the teenage boy's face walking by who saw us was hilarious, a mixture of horror/fascination and confusion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

KatW4 wrote:
    I'm off on my holidays today 😀

I'm on holidays too.
    I was giving my missus a kiss before we got out of the car, forgot we were in culchieville and the look on the teenage boy's face walking by who saw us was hilarious, a mixture of horror/fascination and confusion

You are the woman of his dreams tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

When you're on the bus, it's approaching an amber light, so the driver puts the foot down to make sure he makes it through :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

When you're on the bus, it's approaching an amber light, so the driver puts the foot down to make sure he makes it through :pac: :D

I always do this in the car also. In fact one of my kids thought the rule was red for stop, green for go and orange for go faster...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Swallows make me trivially happy, I could watch them all day. I was standing on a street in Wexford town one evening last week and there were several of them swooping almost as low as the path and taking off again. I was like a child watching them:). They always make me think of my late Dad who gave out yards about them every year. There was a hole in the window in the garage and every year they came back without fail and nested in there and sh1t all over the place. He used to say that next year he was going to get a gun and shoot the fcukers, but never blocked up the window to stop them getting in :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »
    Swallows make me trivially happy, I could watch them all day.

And bats! :)

The cards the children made me over the years make me laugh and cry. But my favourite one is from my eldest grandchild.

Happy mothers day. You are my favourite granny. I really love you. Will you bring me to see Beauty and the Beast. If you don't I will still love you but please bring me. X x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting in to your car after a full valet. Clean and new car smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

73Cat wrote: »
    Swallows make me trivially happy, I could watch them all day. I was standing on a street in Wexford town one evening last week and there were several of them swooping almost as low as the path and taking off again. I was like a child watching them:). They always make me think of my late Dad who gave out yards about them every year. There was a hole in the window in the garage and every year they came back without fail and nested in there and sh1t all over the place. He used to say that next year he was going to get a gun and shoot the fcukers, but never blocked up the window to stop them getting in :)

One of my happiest memories of doing the Camino de Santiago is sitting on a park bench in a little town called Obanos watching the sun set and the swallows chirping as they flew in and out of the church belfry. It was sheer joy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,916 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A cup of tea, a ham sandwich, a packet of Tayto and a good western on the t.v. Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Driving long trips in the sunshine with Meteora blaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Driving home from work and seeing everyone totted out around town for the Galway races- and knowing you're going home to your dog, slippers, dressing gown and tea- and a four day weekend! Woop woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

A new blade on the razor, lots of hot water and quiet time for pampering....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

A cup of tea, a ham sandwich, a packet of Tayto and a good western on the t.v. Heaven.

More or less my St Stephen's Day.

Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

not trivial, but making progress with my manuscript (s) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I went to the toilet and left my mug of tea on the table. When I got back Lilly (my dog) had drank it. It was a really nice mug of tea but she looked so happy with herself that I couldn't get mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Travelled from London to Dublin today. A woman sat beside me with the cutest wee toddler ever. She kept grabbing my arm and talking away to me in baby talk. She offered me a few of her toys as well lol. Makes a change from the screaming baby on a plane story.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I went to the toilet and left my mug of tea on the table. When I got back Lilly (my dog) had drank it. It was a really nice mug of tea but she looked so happy with herself that I couldn't get mad.

Haha. My fella helped himself to a take away cappucino I foolishly put on the wooden floor beside the couch a while back.

I just heard this lapping noise and realised what he was doing. He just looked up, froth on his mouth as if to say "What? What's wrong?"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

When you send a hat to your friend as a birthday present, personalised with an 'in joke' as a joke. And 5 years later a family member uploads a pic of him and he's still wearing the hat! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

"Put that hedge trimmer down and make us a brew of coffee before the rain comes!"

She who must be obeyed made my morning. Sitting in the sun with a coffee and a book beats climbing steps to cut hawthorn any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

It's not trivial....not trivial at all....should be in the things that make me do cartwheels and heelclicks.
    A beautiful chat (almost a heart to heart) with the ma that ended in "I love you".....what a way to end Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My foster doggy got confirmation of his forever home tonight :)

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My foster doggy got confirmation of his forever home tonight :)

Awwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Picked up a bug, was certified sick for the week so packed the car up and drove home to my mother.

She's just arrived up with a kale,seaweed and apple smoothie - disgusting! But it just makes me happy that even now I can still land back into the house and get looked after like I was when I was 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Haha. My fella helped himself to a take away cappucino I foolishly put on the wooden floor beside the couch a while back.

I just heard this lapping noise and realised what he was doing. He just looked up, froth on his mouth as if to say "What? What's wrong?"

TH I thought you were talking about a husband there.

TH with An Post's AddressPal USA. A good idea none of the other companies have offered (apart from My Us but it's more expensive and more complicated and slower) Maybe it will help to turn things around for An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Decided to go for a quick bike ride between rain showers, to test some adjustments I'd made. "Quick" turned in to about 20km and quite a nice ride: a lot of uphill on the way out made for a lot of downhill on the way back. I wore a pair of shoes that hurt my feet when walking, hoping they'd work for cycling, and that turned out to be the case. If you were out around south Dublin this afternoon, and saw a loon on a bike with a high-vis jacket and bright green helmet, whizzing by with bugs in his teeth - hi! :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Car shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Not TH, very happy. Gluten free eclairs and profiteroles in Iceland store. I'm going to pig out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

having a cup of tea and some digestives. (Y)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement