Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,472 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My 2 year old telling me I am her best friend this morning.

As we walked up the road, she also said the pigeons were her best friends
    :D

Reminds me of Frankie Boyle's bit about telling his daughter she's the best thing in the world and her coming back with "For me, it's sausages.":P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Heard a bit of a commotion outside.....lots of squaking etc. Opened the door and tame robin flew in and hid in a corner behind me. There was a hawk (or some other bird of prey) flying around, obviously hunting. All the other birds hid in the bushes but tame robin used me to hide behind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

FanadMan wrote: »
    Heard a bit of a commotion outside.....lots of squaking etc. Opened the door and tame robin flew in and hid in a corner behind me. There was a hawk (or some other bird of prey) flying around, obviously hunting. All the other birds hid in the bushes but tame robin used me to hide behind :)

You're a big hit with the Birds FanadmanðŸ˜

I too had a Robin in the back garden for months but I haven't seen it in weeks,do they usually move on or stay around during the summer?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The ones you see in the summer and the ones you see in winter aren't the same, they're migratory birds - the winter ones move down from further north, and the summer ones move up from further south.

Fanadman, you're obviously not just a pretty face! :D Smart robin, using your body as shield! :D Plus, by the time the bird of prey was done with you it wouldn't have been hungry any more, so it would have left the little robin alone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

:98fm just played "call on me" the new version, bobbing my head to it cured the headache I've had since we stated waiting in a&e the hospital in the midlands, the healing power of music(and not being stuck with a teen in a hospital):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    The ones you see in the summer and the ones you see in winter aren't the same, they're migratory birds - the winter ones move down from further north, and the summer ones moves up from further south.

Fanadman, you're obviously not just a pretty face! :D Smart robin, using your body as shield! :D Plus, by the time the bird of prey was done with you it wouldn't be hungry any more, so it would leave the little robin alone. :pac:

That's interesting,I seem to have a much bigger variety of birds in the garden this year for some reason and they all seem much tamer ..the crows aren't flying away when I go near them and the pigeons aren't getting out of the way when I'm driving.

BTW...get in the queue for Fanadman,I'm first in line ðŸ˜

Colser wrote: »
    You're a big hit with the Birds FanadmanðŸ˜

I too had a Robin in the back garden for months but I haven't seen it in weeks,do they usually move on or stay around during the summer?

Sadly only a hit with the feathered ones :(

This one has been here nearly a year. Is totally spoiled!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Last week had a (*&^ on phone, demanding and screaming for hours down the phone about things I just cant give her. I explained this to her for ages using a gradually calming voice technique. She moved onto threatening to call my boss about my behavior and lack of co-operation with a "client", I reminded her, that it was her demands that could not be met and not me withholding. But off she went about contacting the boss boss, so I quietly volunteered to give her the address for written complaints and the phone no for verbal ones. The silence on the other end of the phone followed by spluttering as she was so shocked that someone would enable her to complain, a thing of great beauty that silence. :cool::p:):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

My 18 month niece she melts her Auntie JoJo's heart

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Colser wrote: »
    BTW...get in the queue for Fanadman,I'm first in line

It'd be a bit of a commute for me. You may have him, Colser. :D

• Advertisement

It'd be a bit of a commute for me. You may have him, Colser. :D

Why the hell can't I get this sort of attention in real life :D :pac:

FanadMan wrote: »
    Why the hell can't I get this sort of attention in real life :D :pac:

Well, if you liked cats I'd be willing to take the commute into consideration, but alas... :D

Well, if you liked cats I'd be willing to take the commute into consideration, but alas... :D

I can change.....really, I can :D

Awh, sorry Fanadman, Colser called dibs. Girl code and all that.

Was out this morning when the postman arrived. Left a card - "parcel in post office" type thing. Was looking at a 50 minute return drive to collect it. A few mins ago there was a knock at the door.....was the postman again. Was going off duty and thought he'd try me again just to save me the drive. Now there are a lot of people that criticise An Post but service like that is above and beyond!

A little bird told him you'd be home! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The banter in previous posts:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A little girl said I have a very pretty house. So cute!

73Cat wrote: »
    The banter in previous posts:).

When I'm settled in Fanad with himself you're more than welcome to visit for the banter...bring your own birdie as I ain't sharing.ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Oh, and fireworks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Love it !!!

Am clicking away like a mad woman here , dancing up and down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've the same birthday as snoopy! My nose is smaller but I'm just as cute I promise :)

Happy birthday, so. But I don't believe you about your levels of cuteness.

Happy birthday, so. But I don't believe you about your levels of cuteness.

Aw stop :pac:

I meant, I think Snoopy is cuter.

:(

I mean, LOOK at him... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

I think he is nothing conpared to Surreptitious.

• Advertisement

Back on track, I have devised a fly trap that works. It's gross but it's working. No more fruit flies around my beverages. It's made my week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement