Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sea spray in my face and stadium rock in my ears!

The manner in which a pharmacist in the midlands dealt with a request for EC, from a lady who was old enough to know better than to find herself in that position and in truth probably a little bit on the mature side to be worried. Not a flinch/comment/smile from said pharmacist, just good natured getting on with the process, I hope my girls meet such understanding when/if they go for EC.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭4Ad

I woman asked me to dance in a bar in Cork last night...that hasn't happened in 30 years or more...
    That's as far as it went though !!!
    Made my night...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Only an hour or so left in the office until nearly 2 weeks off.
    Boo. F*cking. Ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Getting the seat and the rearview mirror back into the perfect positions after someone considerably taller was driving my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

4Ad wrote: »
    I woman asked me to dance in a bar in Cork last night...that hasn't happened in 30 years or more...
    That's as far as it went though !!!
    Made my night...

Us Cork women are loose :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

My kids smile, my dogs, dip dabs, when my sports teams win, a good pun, BBQs, finding money, game of thrones theme music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Football is back, Chinese on the way, beer in the fridge since yesterday (so it's gonna be coooold), and it's lovely and sunny out.

All this on a Friday! Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Two new cushions for my favourite chair. Soooooo trivial soooooo happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People telling me they bought me pressies for my birthday this week when I thought they had all forgotten.

People calling to say they wouldn't be around for my birthday next week, but they left a present with The Mother so I can pick it up when I'm there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Early morning coffee on a bright day. Nice and quiet, looking at the wildlife outside...

Then taking a dump. A perfect start to the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Myself and a randomly drawn partner are through to the finals of a pool competition. We are both the luckiest players ever but we don't care. We had a few beers, played a few games and got through to the final. The fact that we are going to be destroyed in our next game doesn't matter - we had a bit of craic getting there. Plus there is going to be a few Euro profit at the end :D

Decided to take a short cut across the Tom Clarke Bridge/East Link Toll Bridge yesterday, with my mother sitting in the front and the 2.5 year old sitting quietly in her chair in the back. All of a sudden, when we reached the Northside(!) and the Dublin port traffic, the little one started shouting "fúck", "fúck", "fúck" excitedly and repetitively. Oops.

Last week she was walking along a railing counting each step as she walked and gripped the railing each time. She gets very excited when she reaches tríocha/thirty so it went like this... fiche a seacht, fiche a hocht, fiche a naoi agus fúckaaaaa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Just home from walking the dog and being told that we're all off to the Lego Exhibition in Kildare! Nice one!

Now I just have to find out where in Kildare it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Whatsapp videos of my nearly-two-year-old nephew/godson.:)

In the latest one, he's looking out the car window as they pull out: "Birdie on house...birdie gone - bye, bye birdie!"

In the latest vid he sternly admonishes "Careful on the road, Dada."
    He's not even 2 yet.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

There's something very weirdly satisfying about cutting a sleeping toddler's toenails. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I went for a midnight drive, in the hope of seeing some red hot Perseid meteor shower action. I saw a couple of shooting stars, but more importantly I saw two badgers having a fight on the road. It was like watching two drunks having a scrap outside a chipper - they didn't give a damn that they were blocking the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

RayM wrote:
    I went for a midnight drive, in the hope of seeing some red hot Perseid meteor shower action. I saw a couple of shooting stars, but more importantly I saw two badgers having a fight on the road. It was like watching two drunks having a scrap outside a chipper - they didn't give a damn that they were blocking the road.

Been sitting outside for the last half hour watching the shower - really beautiful! Am wrapped up well with a big mug of hot chocolate......it - gets cold out here lol.
    Mind you, I'd trade to see two badgers fighting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MichaelGaughan

Speaking to my Mam on the phone knowing she is still here. She won't come back home till she dies. She drinks a lot and is quite bedridden....I worry constantly so to hear her today on another birthday made me happy. Like most alcoholics she started off today drinking happy...her later calls tonight were lonesome.......she makes me cry. I am sorry and feel sorry for her. But to have her still with me even drunk...makes me happy. I have such craic with her drunk,,,sadly.

When an adult tries to spell out a simple word to another adult in front of a child, and spells it wrong.

When somebody has something for sale on Adverts and you offer them half the requested price and they accept (if they thought I'd pay the full €2 for that they've another thing coming).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Tomorrow is my last day of holidays but I am so looking forward to my own bed and not having to put on sunscreen every morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A small vase of freshly cut sweet pea on my computer desk .The smell reminds me of my childhood and happy summer days .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

"Welcome to Dublin Bus. For anyone standing downstairs there are plenty of seats in our premier section upstairs and there is no extra charge, enjoy your trip"

"Apologies this bus is so full but there seems to a division 2 team playing in croke park". Cue gasps of outrage from the Corkonians

Our bus is jammed, lots standing but the driver is having the craic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Back to college tomorrow after our holidays, looking forward to seeing everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Somebody just saying well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i think ive lost a pound or two, and should lose more if i keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pleasantly stuffed after a very tasty dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Fuucking waterford!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I made the decision : we're getting a new kitten ! A very big deal for our family, we already have 2 pets, a dog and cat, who are proper family members, both living in house. So excited !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

20th school reunion/drinks last night. Good craic- sore head today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Fuucking waterford!!!!

That was an awful lot of fun that game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement