Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    That was an awful lot of fun that game.

On the sidelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Came second in pool competition this evening, saw loads of the meteor shower last night and it's my birthday tomorrow. So far, more that TH with my weekend :)

FanadMan wrote: »
    Came second in pool competition this evening, saw loads of the meteor shower last night and it's my birthday tomorrow. So far, more that TH with my weekend :)

Lots of Leo's around here..

I met up with friends today and I'm very happy with my birthday presents,retail therapy here I come.

Colser wrote: »
    Lots of Leo's around here..

I met up with friends today and I'm very happy with my birthday presents,retail therapy here I come.

Belated happy birthday :) Sounds like having an even better one than me.

Belated happy birthday :) Sounds like having an even better one than me.

Happy Birthday..have a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Today is my Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The PDF of a PFO letter my boss sent me, so I would know what was being said to a "client" who complained that I was "withholding" equipment that she felt she was "entitled" too. Tho she has NO documentation to say so.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I'd much prefer it to be sunny but I kind of don't mind it raining out atm. Today it's making the house feel cosy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I love the smell of my dog's paws. They are kind of stinky but I like it :)

anna080 wrote: »
    I love the smell of my dog's paws. They are kind of stinky but I like it :)
    Same with my dog's ears.

I'm sitting on the sofa here smelling his ears, and he's just quietly sitting on my lap putting up with it as he watches Nationwide.

They really are man's best friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dancing in the garden , in the rain , with oldest grand-daughter(not yet two) , she loved it !

It really is the simple little things in life that can brighten the darkest day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Happy birthday Colser and Fanadman! I hope ye were spoilt and ye didn't do anything I wouldn't do :p

Happy birthday Colser and Fanadman! I hope ye were spoilt and ye didn't do anything I wouldn't do :p

We spent the day doing the table plans for the wedding..save the date ðŸ˜

The girl on the till in Dunnes had a spare 10e off voucher and my shopping came to a few cents over 50e as opposed to about 70e when I'm trying to spend 50e..I'm very happy with that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had a day of retail therapy. I'm fed up of being careful and sensible!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Today I tackled the storage cupboard off the kitchen that has been overflowing with tat for the last while. I was sick looking at it so tucked right in and managed to rearrange stuff neatly while binning half a black bag of tat.
    Nice now that I can open the door without fear of being attacked by something that has fallen off the shelf :)

Happy birthday Colser and Fanadman! I hope ye were spoilt and ye didn't do anything I wouldn't do

For me it was just another day sadly. Zero cards or presents, normal cooking, cleaning etc. But as I wasn't expecting anything, I wasn't disappointed......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Awh. :( Nothing nice at all? Not even feeding the birdies?

For me it was just another day sadly. Zero cards or presents, normal cooking, cleaning etc. But as I wasn't expecting anything, I wasn't disappointed......

Well your posts are lovely and it sounds like you're very in tune with nature and a kind person.Animals are very intuitive and there's a reason why they feel so at ease with you.
    Hope this doesn't sound patronising because it's definitely not meant that way and we'll all join in a little drinkie at the weekend to celebrate your birthday.(any excuse lol).

New Home wrote:
    Awh. Nothing nice at all? Not even feeding the birdies?

Nope - not a thing.

Jeez - the feckers would starve or more likely dive bomb my car if I didn't feed them lol. Today, the really cheeky one followed me around the outside of the house and into the garage....just wants me for a bit of grub lol
    Colser wrote:
    Well your posts are lovely and it sounds like you're very in tune with nature and a kind person.Animals are very intuitive and there's a reason why they feel so at ease with you. Hope this doesn't sound patronising because it's definitely not meant that way and we'll all join in a little drinkie at the weekend to celebrate your birthday.(any excuse lol).

Hey, I'm up for a drink or two at any time.....and no excuses are ever needed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Im off today, up early and having an espresso.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My son is sitting here beside me on the sofa watching a Scooby Doo cartoon. He commented that 'Daphne is all about fashion' so I asked him 'What is Mammy all about?'. Without hesitation he replied 'Love'. That has made my day :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The warmth spreading up my neck and face from traditional ginger beer (non alcoholic, obviously)

Finding products in metal or glass bottles or containers instead of disgusting plastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

My niece running around in the rain splashing in puddles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

1 - I'm eating an unreal breakfast

2 - group of Americans beside me had to call the waiter over to explain the menu....what the heck is a rasher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

They don't know that it's our name for bacon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

My daily latte with a shot of hazel nut from the independent little cafe next door to work. It's been carrying me through the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Travelled the Ring of Kerry today. On days like today with weather like this you must think that this is the most beautiful little country in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Being in a position to help a family member, financially, with something that will make their lives so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Counting Crows, Accidentally in Love on the radio. It's one of my happy songs :). Ooh , followed by Nickelback Rockstar, yes boiiiiii!!

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    Counting Crows, Accidentally in Love on the radio. It's one of my happy songs :). Ooh , followed by Nickelback Rockstar, yes boiiiiii!!

Went out with my best friend tonight and it was like someone was playing our songs all night.Springsteen and Dire Straits non stop..drank bubbles and then gins ...read the arse off everyone we know and laughed all night.My friends make me so happy and I really love them...I appreciate them now more than ever.
    Drink talking but it's really true ðŸ˜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement