Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

Sitting on the bog in a restaurant in Dublin at lunchtime and a man walks into the bathroom, oblivious to anybody behind any door, singing the most rousing version of Spancil Hill. He really got into it, as if the song was channelling his work stress!

Fantastic song that I haven't heard in about 15 years. Brings back so many memories of singalongs on school & GAA bus trips and house parties. Need more of these great songs in daily life! What a refreshing break from the thud thud sameness of incessant "news"/commercials/radio in the background of all pubs and restaurants.

'The young, the old, the brave, the bold came their duty to fulfil...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Closing your work laptop and knowing you will not be opening it for another 10 days.
    And breathe!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Came home for the weekend to spend it with my mam, only to be told she's going out tonight with "the girls" and is at me to do her make up for her! Don't know whether to be happy for her or depressed that she has more of a life than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Enjoying the music at the Fleadh in Ennis this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My Tesco delivery driver forgot one item and rang me back to tell me then he drove all the way back to hand it to me. I hadn't even noticed it was missing to be honest. He was apologising like mad. What a decent guy, some of them are well grumpy, such a nice change to see someone who actually cares about their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Winterlong wrote: »
    Closing your work laptop and knowing you will not be opening it for another 10 days.
    And breathe!

Make sure you haven't been ignoring one of those "Your password will expire in X days" messages.

That's a pain in the hole to come back to work to. Believe me, I've done it many stupid times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The smile on Mrs S's face when she came home from being at the pictures with our eldest granddaughter and a couple of our nieces. "A chic flick" she says "and I was the oldest chic there!".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

madmaggie wrote: »
    I had blood taken this morning. Having teeny tiny veins meant I always ended up black and blue. Not this time, first go and there it was. New nurse, where have you been all my life?

LOL I've had so much bloods taken the past few days in various hospitals, the latest nurse asked me if I was on heroin. I'm looking at them now, I've 7 marks on my left arm and 8 on my right.

Why does this make me happy? I felt all hardcore when she suggested it!

(I've never done heroin, for the record.)

(Also I guess I should be happy that all bloods were clear. And that apparently I have amazing veins!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Water fight with a 2.5 year old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Got the car washed earlier,just hoovered and polished it..happy now and the kids are never allowed into it again.ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Water fight with a 2.5 year old :D

Did he go kersplat ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A throw away comment from my manager basically saying I may as well be running a project I'm working on.

It was only a comment in the moment but it's nice to know that occasionally the fact that I am putting absolutely everything into it is noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Got a new sky remote and now I don't have to burst a blood vessel changing channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Oh sweet Jesus....a newborn on his fathers shoulder earlier......seeing his eyes flitting about making sense of this new place.....was melted completely......

A cold slice of pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Peanut m&m's. They're so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

A nice cool bed after a really long and stressful couple of days. My muscles and bones and joints all sighed in relief when they hit the sheets. Now fingers crossed the sandman will take me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Waking (regaining consciousness) up on a Sunday thinking it's Monday and realising that it isn't.

Lots of nice baby news today! Of my three childhood best friends, one just announced a new nephew. Another announced his wife is pregnant with their first. Add to that I've a sister pregnant too. Life is good and nice sometimes. :) All very exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was at my friends wedding yesterday and she was just perfect and in love. I had such a lovely day!!

My best friend was home for the wedding and we had the best chat. I miss her so much but we had a fab day together.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

The nicest cup of tea ever in bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Asked my friend if his girl got the course offer she wanted?, she did.:):):):)
    Told him I was thrilled for her and now im the most wonderful person in the world to him.
    A rarity let me tell you.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A cold sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Being up to date with Game of Thrones. I can join in in conversations online about it without spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I had a really shoite day and now I'm in bed with a hot water bottle. Better than nothing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Someone I'm very fond of got her first choice from the CAO this morning, after she had spent the past week crying because she thought she had failed to get the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Found €75 that I had secreted away in the sitting room. Not the first time I've put money away and forgot about it. Need to start dusting the books more often!

Now to find something to spend it on :D

After a very chaotic few days, where things really seemed they couldn't possibly ever improve ... a new solution presented itself for the future.

Things might be okay. They really might.

In hindsight I'm surprised I survived the last week, quite a few near-death experiences. But. Onwards and upwards, and at least I have a new plan now, and some hope for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its a miserable morning with torrential rain, and my OH brought me to work so I wouldn't have to get the bus. He just finished a night shift and is starting his next one at 4pm. Its the little things :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement