Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

In soccer, American football and the like managers meet with players and their agents but not in Ireland and the GAA, no. Derek McGrath, the Waterford hurling manager, was just interviewed on RTE News about Conor Gleeson's suspension, at a GAA meeting in Croke Park last night, from the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Final: 'I met with Conor and his Mammy before the meeting...'

His mammy! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching a film with friends

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

In soccer, American football and the like managers meet with players and their agents but not in Ireland and the GAA, no. Derek McGrath, the Waterford hurling manager, was just interviewed on RTE News about Conor Gleeson's suspension, at a GAA meeting in Croke Park last night, from the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Final: 'I met with Conor and his Mammy before the meeting...'

His mammy! Brilliant!

That is fantastic. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Watching the lightning - so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have the TV to myself for once and watching Now80s music channel, the nostalgia! Sniggering at Patrick Swayze's She's like the Wind remembering we used to sing "she smells like wind". 30 ish years later and I still snigger at the same things:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I called into a solicitors office to make an appointment. The main man came out and gave me 15 minutes of advice, wouldn't take a penny. He'd never met me before. There are decent people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

FanadMan wrote:
    Watching the lightning - so cool!

After watching videos from friends in Derry and the surrounding areas, my wee place got away lightly! Thoughts are with them.

Looking forward to the next evening out at the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

marks_and_spencer_mint_assortment_225g.jpg

Good job I live 100 miles from the nearest M&S or I wouldn't have a tooth left in my head.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Had a lovely breakfast this morning in the English Market which for a change lately wasn't crazy busy. Was so relaxing and enjoyable. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Woop got great news in work.

Changing hoikdays and I now get 5 more days a year of hoildays so happy with this !!!!

And it comes Into effect from the 1st of next month!!!

Going to Knock every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I had the most mundane and uneventful dream last night but had the best sleep I've had for ages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I saw job advert looking for Skilled Boners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I'm away for a few days and the missus called me twice today because she misses me. It's very cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My niece just gave me a fabulous performance of incy wincy spider

Watching a Zucker Brothers comedy film

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I managed to retrieve my Chrome bookmarks after they disappeared. Backup now made!

Listening to classical music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

When my big toe knuckle cracks like a thunder clap.

It cracks all the time but once a week or 2 it's like it builds up all its energy and effort just to please me.I can feel when it's primed.A little twitch and BOOM.

So good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

When my big toe knuckle cracks like a thunder clap.

It cracks all the time but once a week or 2 it's like it builds up all its energy and effort just to please me.I can feel when it's primed.A little twitch and BOOM.

So good.

Ewwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When microwave popcorn comes out just right..most of it has popped but no burnt bits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Fresh guacamole dip and chips.

A nice cheesecake

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We have a company event today and we got a mail saying that there is a free bar. But the mail specifically states that top shelf, doubles and cocktails are not allowed.

This is the legacy of a fellow poster on boards that I used to work with.
    This makes me happy.

You know who you are, I know you are reading. I love you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

When I forget that I have made a cup of tea (or any hot drink), realise that it has been about half an hour since I made it so I expect it to be luke warm but it's actually the perfect drinking temperature.

Being able to pay for a weeks shopping with the exact amount requested so no change needs to be given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

A nice cup of tea and a scone and complete silence. My god, I am a hundred years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    We have a company event today and we got a mail saying that there is a free bar. But the mail specifically states that top shelf, doubles and cocktails are not allowed.

How do you get a double if top shelf is not allowed?
    There's a flaw there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have doughnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kivaro wrote: »
    How do you get a double if top shelf is not allowed?
    There's a flaw there somewhere.

We're allowed bottom shelf spirits :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement