Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Mr Kipling supporting morning moments promo

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Knowing that whatever happens between today and tomorrow, nothing can change the fact that it will be Friday and the weekend will be arriving soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Your Face wrote: »
    I saw job advert looking for Skilled Boners.

I always have a little giggle to myself when I see a sign on the road for a riding school!

Edit. I'm in my 40's - but with all the maturity of a pre-teen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I always have a little giggle to myself when I see a sign on the road for a riding school!

Edit. I'm in my 40's - but with all the maturity of a pre-teen:D

I had a giggle today cos I'm wearing a pearl necklace

PS I'm 41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I keep thinking today is Wednesday :pac:

• Advertisement

A Sunday roast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Went for NCT today. They appear to have got their fingers out. Usually takes most of an hour. Test booked for 16.40. Car goes in at 16.35 and I'm leaving again at 16.58.
    I forgot to mention that it passed. Wooohoo. Nothing needed this time but 2 front tyres. Not bad for a10yr old car. Only bad thing is now it must be done every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

After an absolute **** show of a month where my personal life folded into smithereens, I decided to have an "absolutely zero fcuks given" day today, called in sick to work, switched off my email notifications and have spent the day watching Netflix, baking, crying, laughing and eating all of the slutty brownies.

My life is still a **** show and I'll have to switch my adult button back on in approximately ten hours and continue dealing with it all, but it's been truly divine to not give a single sh1t about anything at all for a whole day. It has certainly made me trivially happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Just found out I'm due a few grand back in tax back. Nothing life changing to the bank account but considering I never expect more than a few hundred tops it's a great surprise. I've no idea how I'm due back so much as well which makes it even better. Going to rent a yacht and get kitted out in full tux and top hat and get smashed on fancy whiskey. All welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Raidng my childs party bag and finding a caramel freddo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bank holiday weekend coming, with good weather forecast for the whole weekend shockingly enough! (24-26c and sunny)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bank holiday weekend coming, with good weather forecast for the whole weekend shockingly enough! (24-26c and sunny)

Glad im not going to be in London again till Halloween at that temp. Oddly I had been going to post on here how I wished I was in London, but at that temp I would be cranky and impossible.

More a Th/TA this, was looking at the feminine hygiene products(paper kind) I had, that have been in the same place untouched for 229 days, was thinking of donating them to a dpc/shelter as they were just taking up space, low and behold, in the midst of hay fever/back pain comes along cramp and shark week! Glad I didn't give them away but annoyed I have to start stock piling pain killers/indigestion tablets and restart the counter to my 1 year without=freedom.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I will be home alone this evening. I am going to cook a nice meal, get in a bottle of wine, light the fire, stick on a chick flick and snuggle up in my PJ's on the couch with my dog. No dates, no whatsapp, no texting/wondering, no trying to look sexy, no going out paying for drinks and taxis etc., no conversation. Just pure down time. I am so excited thinking about this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Reaching the stage where there are baby movements to be felt in response to my lunchtime tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

After today I'm off for 10 days. Going to spend it with my wife and our 10 week old daughter. We've arranged with my parents to mind our daughter for one of the nights aswell so we can have a well deserved night to ourselves, just the two of us. It's going to be proper bo I tell thee. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Reaching the stage where there are baby movements to be felt in response to my lunchtime tea :)

I loved that stage when I was pregnant. It's one of the VERY few things I'm sad about when I think of how we are finished growing our family. Best of luck RK :-)

Well September is on the near horizon and with it comes the mania that descends on our home which is magnified by No 2 starting school, building work on the house and my starting a new job in addition to the one I already have. So this week is usually a mad prep week where I stock the freezer and presses.

My TH is that in the last 4 hours I now have ready for the freezer: a beef and Guinness stew, 2 lasagne(s), 32 sausage rolls, a double size chicken chorizo and red pepper casserole on top of 6/7 individual portions of shepherds pie, a tray of mashed potatoes in the little catering scoops, and 2 tub of mashed turnip which were done in Thursday.

*Sigh* I know that I'm sad but food prep makes me very Trivially Happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Getting the pickle out of my arse, even if only for a few hours. :)

The Carry On films

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Wandering through YouTube looking at just about everything. It's a goldmine.

When I half moved back in with sib, his boy dog didn't like me, took him days to react to me like he would anyone else, today I came in from work and found him asleep on my "around the house cardie", he had lots of choices, so I guess he's accepted me as part of the pack.:)

As I've mentioned here before, my girl is being bullied at work cause of the way she dresses and her hobbies, this am we were in the local supermarket, me in my usual jeans and t, she tells me she has spotted a fellow shopper giving me the once over, I can see her thinking that if a woman my age dressed as I was (unattractively in the eyes of her critics)can get glances, then maybe the *&^)"'s at work are wrong, and that some men actually like women in jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Had an unexpected visit from my brother and his family this morning which was a nice surprise.

Plus he made me laugh with a very good Chris Eubank impression. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm helping some people in the U.S. find their Irish roots. I found the ancestors house, and some headstones, and emailed the photos. It only took me a couple of hours, but it seems to mean so much to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

when i get a 5 star rating on ebay

fills me with pride :)brings a tear to my eye actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

In the car with my dad today (70's). Called another driver a muppet. Oh how that made me laugh. Never heard him say that before :D

This day next week, my last colleague will be back in work after hols, and I'll be off a 70 days cycle of on call/pm's/ weekends work.:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

My niece blowing me kisses yesterday on Facetime. She was saying my name and so her Mum asked if she wanted to call me.
    It melted my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

northgirl wrote: »
    In the car with my dad today (70's). Called another driver a muppet. Oh how that made me laugh. Never heard him say that before :D
    Some day I'm going to record my uncle when I'm driving him about. Non stop instructions to me, and yelling at other drivers. The same man doesn't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Postman been very busy today. Three parcels of gadgety stuff from China.....some of it only ordered 13 days ago! Soon have all the stuff ready for a project to keep me busy over the winter.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is it an automatic bird feeder? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

FanadMan wrote: »
    Postman been very busy today. Three parcels of gadgety stuff from China.....some of it only ordered 13 days ago! Soon have all the stuff ready for a project to keep me busy over the winter.

Anything exciting being built? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement