Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

FanadMan wrote: »
    Postman been very busy today. Three parcels of gadgety stuff from China.....some of it only ordered 13 days ago! Soon have all the stuff ready for a project to keep me busy over the winter.

Ohh ohh, is it a sex robot? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

LadyMacBeth I just snorted with laughter at your last post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

New Home wrote: »
    Is it an automatic bird feeder? :D

That sounds like a good idea! Have to look up plans. Bound to be something out there.
    Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Anything exciting being built? :)

Outdoor lighting system to brighten up the garden. Thinking of solar powered but seeing as we get very little sun and lots of wind, might make it wind powered. My sitting room is beginning to look like a mad scientists lab :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Ohh ohh, is it a sex robot? :D

Not quite that talented yet lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Monday is nearly over.

• Advertisement

I have decided to imbibe with a bottle of prosecco this evening for no other reason that taking the edge off Monday. I can barely contain my happiness :)

When you have a sports injury and you're sitting there, throbbing in a very unpleasant way, wondering if you'll ever be able to move without pain again, thinking about how much it's going to hurt to get up and make tea while at the same time knowing that if you don't make tea there really will be no reason to live if it means living both in pain, and without tea. :(

Then the painkillers kick in and you have a cup of tea and nothing hurts and suddenly life is good again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I cooked fish pie for dinner and gave some to my dog. TH at seeing how delighted with himself he is after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I seen a car this morning with a reg of 06-D-80085. It gave me a giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A few weeks ago, I rescued a trainee from a "huge" spider on her stapler. Yesterday was her last day and she gave me a head sized thank you card for it! :)

*No prob with creepy crawleys, rodents are a completely different matter tho.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That we are getting closer to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

When the real time display at the bus stop says another 11 minutes to the next bus but one just pulls up a minute after.

Even more so when said bus doesn't even have its route and destination displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

One of my favourite TV shows, Doctors, is coming back to BBC 1 next week after a short break this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you have no new emails to work on and no meetings scheduled for the rest of the day. Unexpected quiet time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A friend's little girl calls on her way to her first day at school, so we can see her in her uniform. Adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

New bed sheets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A good day of weather around this time of year. When it's mild, bright and calm I love the weather around late August up until early October. There's still a lot of warmth around, but there's a nice refreshing coolness to the air too. Everthing seems so still and clear; it's also kind of bittersweet because Summer is busy changing over from Autumn to Winter. But for a time that transition period is beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Turning my phone to silent at last this evening.. and relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Arghus wrote: »
    A good day of weather around this time of year. When it's mild, bright and calm I love the weather around late August up until early October. There's still a lot of warmth around, but there's a nice refreshing coolness to the air too. Everthing seems so still and clear; it's also kind of bittersweet because Summer is busy changing over from Autumn to Winter. But for a time that transition period is beautiful.
    We had a beautiful red sky here this evening,love this time of year also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Impromptu dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I spent 6 hours in A&E tonight and I was fed up and exhausted. When the doctor came to see me he was so lovely and kind. He has been working all day without a break. He was exhausted but he was still patient with everyone. We are so lucky that people like him look after us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

That fact that its finally "jumper and a nice scarf" season. Love dressing for this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

A morning fap to start the day :D

KatW4 wrote: »
    I spent 6 hours in A&E tonight and I was fed up and exhausted. When the doctor came to see me he was so lovely and kind. He has been working all day without a break. He was exhausted but he was still patient with everyone. We are so lucky that people like him look after us.

Lucky indeed. Hope you are ok.

TH it was a beautiful crisp morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm doggysitting my mam and dad's puppy. He's never been in my house before. My garden is far bigger than my folks and has lots of bushes and trees so he's delighted with himself off exploring with my mutt (who's not sure how she feels about him being here but is going along with it for now.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

OldNotWIse wrote:
    Lucky indeed. Hope you are ok.

All good, thank you :)

I had a super day shopping and had dinner with someone amazing. It was the nicest way to spend my last day of the summer holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I accidentaly bought a bottle of water that is slightly flavoured. Have never had one before.

This is a game changer. Lovely stuff. Need to get some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I get to hug my niece after work. She lives in London so I don't get to hug her as much as I'd like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Despite dropping from tiredness and not having time to eat enough yes, I made my bed with new sheets/pillow cases and quilt cover. Got a great night, even fur babies were slow to get off them this am.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

I got paid today. I'm not into spending huge amounts of money on myself or on material goods but I am super excited that I can take my little bean to the pet shop this evening and buy her toys and treats and her special dog food. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement