Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The town is so busy , cars and campervans heading through , with their sticker/ticket things in the window for the Electric Picnic , people at the train station , waiting to get the bus to same EP , nice to see so many people looking forward to the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The smell of stewed apples. Harvested a couple of trees yesterday. Called with a few bags of apples to neighbours this morning and returned home to the smell of a large pot of apples being stewed in preparation for freezing. The aroma was divine.

A few apple tarts promised for tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Listening to pub stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People who have this hard persona but then go and do really kind, selfless and thoughtful things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Hot milk.

Mmmmmm - comfort in a mug. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Bee Gees videos on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭caniask86

My almost five year old is starting junior infants tomorrow in a mainstream class. No big deal right? He also happens to have Autism and impaired hearing. This boy went from being non verbal to verbal. A year ago I would not have thought we would have come this far in such a short time. Feeling proud and excited and nervous. Going to buy uniform today was such a joy. We don't normally get to meet the same milestones that other children and parents get to do but today we did. Our son is coming on great and for that I am so very happy.

And tea. I love tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

caniask86 wrote: »
    My almost five year old is starting junior infants tomorrow in a mainstream class. No big deal right? He also happens to have Autism and impaired hearing. This boy went from being non verbal to verbal. A year ago I would not have thought we would have come this far in such a short time. Feeling proud and excited and nervous. Going to buy uniform today was such a joy. We don't normally get to meet the same milestones that other children and parents get to do but today we did. Our son is coming on great and for that I am so very happy.

And tea. I love tea.

I'm very happy for you all as well. Life with Autism is an unending challenge and you're obviously doing brilliantly.

I have always hated tea and am actually allergic to it.:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

caniask86 wrote: »

And tea. I love tea.

That's brilliant, hope the little fella has a great time in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Heard the sad news that a distance acquaintance's parent is in bad shape with a particularly nasty cancer. I mentioned in passing that there was an element of genetics in that form of cancer and a word to dr when they got around to it, would be a good idea.
    As expected the "what's this auld bat on about/poking her nose in for" look went across his face.
    The TH of it, the look of determination that passed over his face when it dawned on him, that it could effect his kids and how he wasn't going to let that happen, even if it meant going to the dr. Awww, the things daddies do for their daughters!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Dragging my wheely bag and rucksack up the stairs in my sometimes flat, I met the child who lives downstairs and her same age friend. The little girl who lives here asked if I was back? then stated that I get a lot of taxi's( I do, as I arrive at all sorts of hours, with all sorts of confidential materials), then she says "Does your daddy pay for your taxi's?"

TH at the cuteness,innocence and the assumption im young enough to have a "daddy" who would pay for my taxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I left my phone on a table at the coffee doc in the hospital and headed back to the CF clinic. I realised when I got to the clinic that I didn't have my phone and so I went back to the coffee doc and someone had handed it in. It's a brand new phone (with some very, ahem, explicit photos on it :p) so thank you, thank you, thank you to the stranger who handed it in :) may something good come your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TH that this time next i shall (hopefully) be several thousand feet in the air on the way to a 4 day weekend away with my siblings for my sister's 50th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Bought a very luxurious new bath mat.

On the way back to work there was a small child of about two in a buggy behind me belting out "You are my sunshine"

A kid in front of me in the queue at lunchtime dropped her balloon and couldn't reach it because of buggy straps. She looked at me like I was a superhero when I gave it to her!

Paying up all bills, outgoings, loans, filling the car up and getting in the shopping then looking at my bank balance thinking, "Now that the adult stuff is taken care of I can f*cking annihilate you on shoes and booze if I want"

Putting runners on at lunchtime and NOT taking them off on return to the office because, Friday.

that my chardonnay is chilling in the fridge since last night.

Thinking about kissing the soft little part behind my dog's ear when I get home and hug her because I have missed her so much.

So many TH's!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

3 hours left in the working day. Just got paid. I get to have a glorious lie in tomorrow followed by a spa day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Day 1 of the new job done today. *sigh*

The first week of school over for the kids.

Childcare sorted out around my work(s) and while it's not cheap it's not gonna cripple me.

Tonight's supper/tea already cooked just to heat up.

Have been looking for a particular style of trouser for work. Found the exact cut, style and length bit not the fabric. On the up side they were only 12e each.

I think that everything is gonna be OK.... for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Bredabe wrote: »
    Dragging my wheely bag and rucksack up the stairs in my sometimes flat, I met the child who lives downstairs and her same age friend. The little girl who lives here asked if I was back? then stated that I get a lot of taxi's( I do, as I arrive at all sorts of hours, with all sorts of confidential materials), then she says "Does your daddy pay for your taxi's?"

TH at the cuteness,innocence and the assumption im young enough to have a "daddy" who would pay for my taxis.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I left my phone on a table at the coffee doc in the hospital and headed back to the CF clinic. I realised when I got to the clinic that I didn't have my phone and so I went back to the coffee doc and someone had handed it in. It's a brand new phone (with some very, ahem, explicit photos on it :p) so thank you, thank you, thank you to the stranger who handed it in :) may something good come your way!

Photos you say? Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The smell of apple and blackberry crumble baking in the oven -very autumnal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Two golden retrievers having a good ole splash around Dalkey this morning. Loving life they were!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

having tech problems with a device, googling it and finding someone has had the exact same specific problem as you and has been answered.

also, new mattress :)

Leo having his ass handed to him on twitter(in general) but esp yes when he twittered(I know, its deliberate) about Princess Diana, instead of the two/three homeless ppl who died in the time frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

The smell of sausages cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

mewe wrote: »
    The smell of sausages cooking.

I just had a couple of sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Getting ready for winter. New tyres on the car and the chimney swept. Also TH the chimney man was so neat and tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A simple old 1 - 0 win for the R.O.I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Bredabe wrote: »
    Leo having his ass handed to him on twitter(in general) but esp yes when he twittered(I know, its deliberate) about Princess Diana, instead of the two/three homeless ppl who died in the time frame.

That was a bit OTT. Not like he meant to insult or demean anyone.

This shouldn't make me so content but by adjusting my phone's gps (under 'route options') to tick 'Avoid toll roads' but not tick 'Avoid motorways' I'm having the best of both worlds.

I wanted to drive from south Dublin to Meath but avoid the €3.10 toll and it brought me on to the M50, which I drove on for about 15km, but told me to feck off at the junction for the M4 (right before the M50 toll over the Liffey) and brought me into the lovely Lucan village and across an old bridge on the River Liffey there and up a very rural hill until I came to the M3/Meath motorway at Clonee. It added 8 minutes according to the GPS but with the gorgeous afternoon that's in it, as well as saving the toll, it was worth it!

PS: There's loads of born and bred Dublin culchies - and they all seem to be doing the harvest on the county's rural roads this afternoon! (Aptly enough I got stuck behind one in the townland with the lovely name of Pass-if-You-Can [it exists!])

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Starting the day with no plans. Pottering around. Or so I thought.

Now realising that I've raked the leaves, washed both cars and have the lawns cut while still getting my crossword finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sitting in an old man's pub in Killarney. It's lashing rain outside but we are beside the fire and I just ordered a beef stew :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement