Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    That was a bit OTT. Not like he meant to insult or demean anyone.
    Have checked and it still makes me TH.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bredabe wrote: »
    Have checked and it still makes me TH.

Bad things happening to others is often a TH for you, that's pretty telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Cake in the oven and a sleeping cat on my lap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

After one of the most stressful weeks of my life I was made TH by being able to hit pause today, and spend time cuddling my horse, buying bedclothes, looking at pics of a friend's new baba, watching catch up tv apps and eating takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I turn on the light on the fish tank the fish swim up to the top waiting to be fed. Best pets ever , fish :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Another very stressful week. Tears in pubic twice today. Totally burnt out and not fantastic but TH'd to be warm and cosy with the rain hammering down outside. I am lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Finally got my hands on a Chip from beauty and the beast mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

northgirl wrote: »
    Another very stressful week. Tears in pubic twice today. Totally burnt out and not fantastic but TH'd to be warm and cosy with the rain hammering down outside. I am lucky.

The typo in this has made me TH :pac:
    (I hope next week is better for you, northgirl)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The typo in this has made me TH :pac:
    (I hope next week is better for you, northgirl)

TH now I am laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on a Chip from beauty and the beast mug.

I saw these in Penny's - so cute!

screen-shot-2017-03-10-at-21-21-08.png

Very tempted! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Missed out on Electric Picnic tickets...

But....lying in bed now reading and listening to the rain lashing against the window....jesus I'm old....but I'm dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being away from my dogs for 7 days/nights. Family member had them and while they were fine for the first few days, the last 3 nights the big dog stopped eating his food and was dirtying the floor during the night.
    They were so happy to see me the big dog peed himself.
    Anyway my TH is how cute they are and so smart. Big dog knows me inside out, he has a sore (arthritis) leg. When he's in trouble or he doesn't want to do something his leg gets so bad you'd swear it was going to fall off.

It's raining badly and they hate rain. I half heartedly tried to bring them out for wee wees. Big dog came running across kitchen cause he saw me at the fridge but realised I wanted him to go outside in the rain, he limped back to bed so disheveled looking you'd swear he had it amputated and got back into bed.

Their dinner was still in their bowls so I tried again "come on let's do weewee" and he started diving into his dinner looking to make sure I could see what a good bit he was eating his dinner instead.

They make me happy. I love them more than I love myself.

FM104 as Gaeilge on Sunday mornings. I'm not a hardcore Gaeilgeoir although I do hold out hope the language doesn't die in my lifetime.

I find FM104 on Sunday to feature relaxing, pleasant and fairly easy-to-follow spoken Irish (they all seem to be Dubs rather than people from Gaeltacht areas with indecipherable dialects). They mix this in with a lot of contemporary Irish music.

A nice gentle reminder that we are not just a region of the UK and are culturally unique in lots of ways still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting invited to a a big sunday lunch with, hopefully, all the trimmings.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Having coffee in my favorite spot in Dublin City (The Debenhams top floor café overlooking Liffey Street and parts of Temple Bar).

So peaceful. I could sit there all day 'people watching'.

Vox Nostra with Vlad Smishkewych (hehe. I had to google it!) on Lyric FM on a Sunday morning is in another world. I know I've said it already here but it's just gorgeous. Baroque music, early music and loads of haunting spiritual music that you'd never hear but that's very apt for a Sunday morning. And he rarely talks except to give a bit of the tune's history and let us know when similar live music is being performed.

If Lyric FM could move this man into the morning slot during the week instead of that enormous waffler who plays pop and country music (I thought the whole idea of Lyric was to have something different) in between having a talk show with himself, Lyric would be consistently a breath of fresh air for alternative/classical/world music on Irish radio.

Lyric FM: Vox Nostra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My nephew's love of puns! Seeing him chuckling at an oldie but goodie joke*

*(Did you hear about the man who invented the knock knock jokes?
    He was given the 'no bell' prize)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

xzanti wrote: »
    Having coffee in my favorite spot in Dublin City (The Debenhams top floor café overlooking Liffey Street and parts of Temple Bar).

So peaceful. I could sit there all day 'people watching'.
    People watching can be very enjoyable ...I was at a lovely hotel yesterday afternoon for grub and went out for a smoke(don't judge) just as a wedding crowd were starting to arrive.I leant up against the window and decided to take my time and enjoy the carry on,weather was shocking so it added to the drama as people were trying to run from the cars holding onto to hats but struggling in heels.It was hilarious ..now I'm in no position to laugh because I've been that wedding guest hobbling in heels and minding my hair but I did laugh tbh..some fabulous style there but so much fake tan that must have been put on in the dark,dresses that should have been a size bigger and the blue suit brown shoes look for men was so common I'm gone off it.I could have stayed there for the day watching and thinking I looked better in my jeans and T-shirt than a lot of those guests..ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Bad things happening to others is often a TH for you, that's pretty telling.
    Yup! you got me, I have an evil sense of humor.
    But from my point of view, nothing happened to Leo, he brought it all on himself with his lack of management or ignorance.
    I post here about the re balancing of things, ppl getting their comeuppance, it cheers ppl in these times of inequality, if other ppl see it differently, its down to their way of viewing the world.

TH that the sense of humor that helps me help ppl is noted here AND helps me stay sane.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TH I just found 2 seasons of Danish crime drama Dicte. Binge TV time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Just discovered my external hard drive has waaaay more stuff on it than I realised, including the first three seasons of Game of Thrones! Time for a rewatch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Galway winning the All-Ireland today

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Calvin & Hobbes. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A large mug of coffee I can hug with my hands to warm them up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Tortoiseshell butterflies flitting around and bees pollinating the flowers on the mint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Thanks to the crappy weather and not being able to go out, I've been able to spend more time on the dinner. Nice roast and all the trimmings cooking away. House is full of lovely smells :)

New Home wrote: »
    Calvin & Hobbes. :)

I love reading their strip every day in the Irish Daily Star

The fact that I'm half-Galway today

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭caniask86

Hearing my husband laugh, he is watching something with headphones and gives a lovely laugh every so often. Makes me just wanna squeeze him, Love him so much.

I'll be over in the annoying thread later when he's snoring tho :D

• Advertisement

Memories of my trip to New England in the US in 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement