Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Doughnuts. Just doughnuts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

anna080 wrote: »
    Doughnuts. Just doughnuts.

Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Waking with a massive hard on. Then letting a deafening fart

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Finally down to single digits of days until my boyfriend returns from his work trip. Its been a looooooong few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Heading to the gym for the first time in 5-6 weeks. Happy that I've motivated myself to get off my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭caniask86

Getting cuddles and tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Set a new PB on bench press and did a very aesthetic pec dance to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

A truly trivial thing that made me very happy to see today - the singer from Picture This cut his hair at last. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My dogs. I love the big dogs so bulky and slow that when he runs he kind of trips himself up, is adorable. I love the little ones so affectionate, all he wants is being in your arms for the snuggles even though he doesn't fit. I love how they wait for their sweetie (they love those licorice all sorts) before bed. I love that they're best friends. I love that although big dog loves his baby brother, he does not want any more pupppies. He knows what "puppy" is and goes mad if you pretend to cradle a pretend pup. He can only cope with one! I love they try rescue me from the bad shower, they hate the shower but will brave it if I'm inside it. I love they sleep as close to my room as they can physically get. Anytime I'm sad or I have a bad day, thinking of or seeing them always cheers me up. im so thankful and happy I have them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

It's 03:10 and I'm watching The Shining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Spent several hours in A&E last night (I'm grand!) but when I got there it was jammers, with a sign up warning of an average 8 hour wait to see a doctor.

I was somehow seen almost immediately, had the nicest kindest doctors and nurses in the world, and as I was being discharged the doctor told me I was by far the most polite pleasant patient he'd seen all night, and it had been an absolute pleasure to deal with me.

Gold star for me!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I have 5 plants, a small teddy, a fancy candle holder, that I keep my pens and whatnot in, and photos of my dogs, my husband and my sister at my desk. These make me happy and make the hours in work (even though my job is super easy) bearable.

(I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before, I clearly spend more time annoyed than happy :pac:)

Going for a swim in the sea. Lying back and letting myself float. Since my ears are below the water, I can't hear anything but the sound of the waves. My body moves with the motion of the sea. And there's nothing in my eyeline but the sky.

It's really rather nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thinking that in three days time i will be sitting in an airport departure lounge waiting to fly away for the weekend with the family. cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just finished my catch up paper work, handed it over along with the on call pager/mobile and contact materials to the next victim. First afternoon without on call hanging over me for 71 days! Dossing in canteen till 12.30 and off to pick up overtime cheque.

ALMOST worth the travelling, lack of sleep/me time/not being able to see o/h or kids.
    :cool::cool::):):):D:D

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Was just talking to my brother and he was asking me for some info;

him: "Just send me on your name, number and email"

me "Do you really need my name?"

He saw the funny side of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

erica74 wrote: »

(I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before, I clearly spend more time annoyed than happy :pac:)

You're welcome in. Grab a seat anywhere. Would you like a cuppa? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Two more days then off for five :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I love **** to the aussie bird from the trivago adverts.

I love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Feeling better than I have in months. Finally able to take proper breaths :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was getting two take away teas in the shop and marking one with a dent so I'd know which has the sugar in it. The guy beside me asked me what I was doing and gave me his pen to write S on the cup. He was friendly. I like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've been planting out perennials I've grown from seed. Hopefully there'll be lots of colour next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I've worked basically on my own with a sporadically there manager in a department for two years, but we recently aquired two new employees in the department. It's been an adjustment, and given we are all under Savage pressure and I'm not a natural people person I'm sure I have not always been the easiest for them either.

One turned round to me today and said the phrase "you are particularly surly today, is anything wrong?" And I just laughed and laughed. I am TH that he has realised so quick that my grumpiness isn't personal and that you just have to go with it and poke fun where you can! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Delighted watching a replay of the Del Potro Thuem match on youtube. Huge Delpo fan so to see him comeback after two sets down is incredible.Wish I didn't know how it ends!

Last night I was picked up from work and taken out by a wonderful gentleman, and in an ideal world every lady would have a dinner companion as charming, entertaining, interesting, and courteous as mine was. My grandfather is one of the great loves of my life.

Back in London for a while working, TH at getting to hang out with my Grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

FanadMan wrote: »
    You're welcome in. Grab a seat anywhere. Would you like a cuppa? :)

Only if it's herbal. I love a good cinnamon and ginger concoction of a herbal tea at this time of year.

TH that I just got a nice crunchy bit of bacon with a particularly gooey cheesy bit of my scrambled eggs.
    TH by my dogs. I always let them lick the plate after I have scrambled eggs, which they enjoy, and they then spend ages licking their chops, which fills me up to capacity with joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I can call off the plan for a lifetime of being single (*cancels convent application) and change my mind about everyone being a barsteward after all. Finding out that you really can trust someone you care about but haven't known for a long time and thought had betrayed your trust. Someone did, but it wasn't him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Had a rubbish nights sleep but somehow feel very well rested and alert.

I also don't feel very anxious today, for the first time in a very long time. Its an odd but lovely feeling to be sitting at work, not tired, and generally at ease with the world. There's a tiny bit of anxiety lurking deep down but I can barely feel it..It isn't suffocating like it usually is. Long may it last, I could get used to this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Being the little spoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

having a lovely meal with my hubby then having a hot bath and falling asleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement