Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stuboy01

watching my 11 y.o. kid play football :)
    realising my daughter is becoming a well balanced adult

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stuboy01

Jrop wrote: »
    TH for Bredabe. I love listening to Spanish. I'm learning it at the moment I love how it sounds.

HA HA, my wife is the same, it's a good thing I can speak a bit of it. at special times I oblige and say crazy ****, hasn't a clue what I'm saying but she still loves it.:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Gomez, is that you? ?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It's the weekend.
    There are no plans apart from shopping for a new couch.
    It will rain so the jobs I am supposed to do in the garden will have to wait.
    There is cheesecake.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Naps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cooking lamb chops for dinner, the lovely smell. I'm Fecking starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

madmaggie wrote: »
    Cooking lamb chops for dinner, the lovely smell. I'm Fecking starving.

Ooooh......Now I'm hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Putting my furry slipper boots on before I put my legs into PJ bottoms, so that they end up with just the get off slippers sticking out, if ye get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I was in Penneys earlier and picked up a dress that was knocked down to 3 euro. Went to the till and it scanned at a dearer price. I pointed out the 3 euro sticker. Younger me would have let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TH that I started studying again today. Just a short part time distance learning type thing, but it's the first time I've just studied purely for my own interest, rather than studying something I'm not that interested in but that would give me a career. It's a totally different experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I'm constantly entering Facebook competitions for various prizes, have previously won a few bits but bit of a drought lately!
    Got a notification earlier that I won an iPod Shuffle, hadn't even remembered entering the competition! Yee-hah! Delighted with meself!:D

Haven't been in good form, physically or mentally for the last few months. But today I got yet another gadget/component shipment from China. Spent a happy evening with the soldering iron and glue gun and have made a stun gun. Not the sort that would take down an intruder, more the sort that would zap flies. Annoying thing is, it's the wrong time of year for flies :D

Bigger TH - sat outside for an hour or so tonight and saw the Northern Lights. Not the mad on acid colours in the sky but enough. Plus, it was a good excuse to make a flask of hot chocolate and wrap up really warmly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My godson is 9 months old. He's recently got a bit more independence in the form of a walker. I was over there this morning and he was flying around the kitchen after me in his walker, with his arms out like rose from titanic. I went to the toilet and he was straight behind me. His mam lifted him out and had him on her knee, I was sat next to her when he started wiggling around trying to get away from her and was grabbing my arm and reaching for me. He wanted squishes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just used my new frying pan and the joy of not having to scrape sausages off it is immense.It really is the small things...ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Colser wrote: »
    Just used my new frying pan and the joy of not having to scrape sausages off it is immense.It really is the small things...ðŸ˜

I remember grinning inanely when I cooked an egg in a new frying pan and it drifted around above the oil like a little UFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Jodie Foster in Panic Room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Robert Langdon novels

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My friends just knowing me and my humour so well. One friend has been sending me funny memes all morning. If anyone saw our messages to each other I'm pretty sure we'd be arrested. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Was in my husband's job for a while this morning. You can see out from the blinds on the window of his office but you can't see in from the outside. There was a man outside seriously checking himself out in the reflection of the window while we were sat inside :D

Also got a big shop done earlier so that's out of the way and I love when the house is full of good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I like to watch anything at all when I'm making up my IVs because it's so boring, though I did manage to make several mistakes today, should really pay more attention or l will end up injecting myself with a load of bubbles and it will be bye bye LMB :p I found a silly but very funny show on Netflix to pass the time while I do them, it's called "The Hotwives of Orlando", it's a spoof of those reality TV shows and it has me laughing my arse off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Our (in her own mind) rough,tough and ballsy jrt sitting in the garden in this variable weather, protecting me from the urban fox and various feral cat's in the area.:)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Seeing all the cosy autumnal clothing in the shops. Now if only I had money....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

My company is opening a new office in Dublin, I put a good friend of mine's name forward for the managing position, all the big bosses think he's a legend and after a round of intense interviews they've offered him the job! So I get to say I've done a good deed while earning myself a few brownie points in the office too. Chuffed I am :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Winterlong wrote: »
    It's the weekend.
    There are no plans apart from shopping for a new couch.
    It will rain so the jobs I am supposed to do in the garden will have to wait.
    There is cheesecake.

Happy to report that this weekend is going as planned. Rocking it completely I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I really like when non-Irish people say thanks to the bus driver. It shows they've adopted one of the nicest little quirks of Irish culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Bridget and Eamon is back Tuesday 19th September - love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My dogs love playing with balls. They have a routine. For ages I thought it was the big dogs hobby and baby dog only did it cause he was spoilt, because he wouldn't let big dog fetch it. He'd fetch it, drop it and big dog would go get it and bring it back to me to throw again. Today baby dog has been bringing ball to me and dropping it at my feet. He's 4. I'm so happy, he's learning how to play without just taking it off his older brother.

Also happy that I was looking out the door at them outside this evening. Little dog all hyper jumping at big dog and tackling him. Big dog wrestled back and just licked his face, baby dog was laying on his back with his front paws around big dogs head and big dog was just licking him to death, you could tell baby dog wanted to run riot but was enjoying it too much to continue to be bold.

I love love love how they are with each other. Big dog has patience of a saint and they're so kind to each other. Who knew two dogs would be squadgoals

I really like when non-Irish people say thanks to the bus driver. It shows they've adopted one of the nicest little quirks of Irish culture.

People thank the bus driver in Finland all the time as well. Kiitos was the first Finnish word I learned - mind you, they all have excellent English out there. Made my feeble attempts at Finnish sound terrible :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm Irish, and I always say thanks to the bus driver

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement