Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Polite people.

People who appreciate politeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Two new fish in the fish tank, they look so small in comparison to the three big ones in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Removing lint from belly button!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Lovely autumnal weather this morning. I was freezing on the commute to work, but it made the cuppa when I arrived at work all the more enjoyable.

Also in the final countdown now for my boyfriend to come home. I am buzzing with excitement to see him :D

Saw this ad a while ago on Gumtree. Just made me smile, at the lads initiative.

I hope someone gives him a job :)

https://www.gumtree.ie/a-part+time-evening-weekend/clare/looking-for-a-saturday-job/1002094378330911200240509

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The missus is away in the UK for the day, have the whole place to myself. Wondering what mischief I will get up to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Back at college again today for the third time. Happy to be back but still not sure am I doing the right thing... only paid off remaining fees over the summer..
    sure what's €12,000 more in debt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Proper live football on tv every day this week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

The mutt has gotten from one end of the kitchen, out the first door, and into the hall by trying to lick every last bit of her roast dinner out of the bowl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Pumpkin spice lattes. I know that makes me detestable. But I love them.

Also the ridiculous way my dad texts. "Hello. Have sent you an email. Regards, Dad". And then getting into a text conversation with him which he abruptly ends with "Bye.". Dads are great :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I haven't been well for a few weeks and feel like crap. I had to drag myself to work this morning, sans makeup. One of my clients asked me what foundation I was using. I didn't have any makeup on :D

My sister just send me a video of my baby niece taking her first steps. Like a new born calf lol. Is someone cutting onions in here?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Listening to my cat snoring away next to me :)

The posh voice my mam puts on when she says "hello" when I ring her- and then the bogger she turns into when she realises it's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bowling with friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A coffee/tea on the house at my daily breakfast stop in protest of the Starbucks carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My teen is trying to wind me up all evening but for once I'm playing it cool.He's going out for the junior cert results tomorrow night and he's telling me that he could be having a drink (I didn't react) and asking what I'd do if he had a cigarette (up to you I said)..now he's saying that I'm weird😀.
    I'll be collecting him at 11pm and he will definitely be going to school on Thursday(even though he says that he won't). I'm definitely winning the mind games tonight and remaining stress free which is very unusual for me.

I did tell him that my friend knows the DJ and he's streaming the night so I'll be watching everything...even if that was true I wouldn't have a clue how to watch it but that's beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

I bought a Dri buddie last week just being able to dry our clothes in a couple of hours instead of a couple of days is really making my life a lot easier and increasing my happiness level.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Colser wrote: »
    My teen is trying to wind me up all evening but for once I'm playing it cool.He's going out for the junior cert results tomorrow night and he's telling me that he could be having a drink (I didn't react) and asking what I'd do if he had a cigarette (up to you I said)..now he's saying that I'm weird😀.
    I'll be collecting him at 11pm and he will definitely be going to school on Thursday(even though he says that he won't). I'm definitely winning the mind games tonight and remaining stress free which is very unusual for me.

I did tell him that my friend knows the DJ and he's streaming the night so I'll be watching everything...even if that was true I wouldn't have a clue how to watch it but that's beside the point.

Up to you for a junior cert to be having a cigarette? Maybe you're trying too hard to be cool mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Up to you for a junior cert to be having a cigarette? Maybe you're trying too hard to be cool mom.

He wouldn't touch a cigarette as he hates them and believe me I'm far from a cool mother but I'll pick my fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am thinking it was reverse psychology ? Often said similar to the kids when they said something they thought I'd react badly to :)

TH Ghost on tv...

Ah ok, I would have gotten a slap for even joking like that.

On topic, I watched a movie tonight with Richard Gere in the nip. Very happy indeed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA that you're not telling us what film that was. Ooops, wrong thread. :pac:

Colser your post made me smile! I have this image of him following you around trying to get the better of you but you one upping him each time (which is odd cos I've no idea what either of you look like :pac: )
    Best of luck to him with the results!

New Home wrote: »
    TA that you're not telling us what film that was. Ooops, wrong thread. :pac:

Aptly enough it's called Breathless!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The fact that Sweet Valley High, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Saved by The Bell et al are on replay on The Vault the last few days. Nostalgia at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Aptly enough it's called Breathless!

Why, 'cause he's old and has a respiratory tract infection?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The fact that Sweet Valley High, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Saved by The Bell et al are on replay on The Vault the last few days. Nostalgia at its best.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch - the best - Salem the cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The rush of youthful giddiness and excitement when you find out someone you like likes you back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

How much boards has improved in the past year or so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement