Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Seeing former president Mary Robinson in Dublin on Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My dad. Ok not trivial but I don't think I'd have made it through the last 9 months without him and today he bought me the most beautiful soft fluffy robe in Marks & Spencer which made me trivially happy as although I don't consider myself a material personI know it will bring me comfort when he goes away on his travels soon. I am very low these days and I count my lucky stars to have him in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Have had a ****ty few days recently - didn't want to do anything or go anywhere or speak to anyone. But tonight I was getting a severe dose of cabin fever. Was a nice calm and dry night so decided to go for a walk on the beach. Wrapped up, headphones on and away. Beautiful starry night out and a couple of hours and miles later I feel a totally different person. Am home again and feel like I could do anything!

I know that people keep saying how good exercise is, and you know what.....they might actually be right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

FanadMan wrote: »
    Have had a ****ty few days recently - didn't want to do anything or go anywhere or speak to anyone. But tonight I was getting a severe dose of cabin fever. Was a nice calm and dry night so decided to go for a walk on the beach. Wrapped up, headphones on and away. Beautiful starry night out and a couple of hours and miles later I feel a totally different person. Am home again and feel like I could do anything!

I know that people keep saying how good exercise is, and you know what.....they might actually be right :D

yea, I've been doing a bit more walking lately and it really does give you an instant boost especially if you aren't feeling great.

TH I finally got my iPod back after I left it in my caravan from the last time I was away :) Its been killing me having to listen to CDs on my CD player because it constantly skips and sometimes it won't even acknowledge a CD and an annoying little notice of "no cd" comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

One more sleep and I'm off to the sun for a few days.😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My little nephew has just started walking, albeit with the help of a walker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm not sure if this is really a thing that makes me trivially happy but someone "insulted" me recently by calling me an athiest. I'm not sure if I'm more pleased that that's the worst thing they could think of about me or amused that this person thinks that using it will hurt me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Cuddled up on the sofa with the little dog. She's funny out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

As much as I don't enjoy Monday mornings, I love Sunday nights. I'm in my pjs, curled up on my favourite armchair, with candles lit, a glass of red wine, and going to spend the night watching tv. Simple pleasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

My new bag for my make up brushes. Coconut oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was in Lidl yesterday, and there was this 3 or 4 year old girl with her father. When she turned around, she looked up to see a 6'5" man beside her. She turned back to her father and said "That man is too big!".

Well, I thought it was funny... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Booked our first foreign holiday with our little boy for next May.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Going for a late evening drive with my 9 year old, astounding her by guessing the song on the radio from the first few bars.

And hearing her say they're good songs having listened to Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd & Tom Waits.

Get home and hear her singing the words to Foo Fighters Monkey Wrench as she makes her lunch for school tomorrow. Don't know why, but that just made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Neames wrote: »
    Going for a late evening drive with my 9 year old, astounding her by guessing the song on the radio from the first few bars.

And hearing her say they're good songs having listened to Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd & Tom Waits.

Get home and hear her singing the words to Foo Fighters Monkey Wrench as she makes her lunch for school tomorrow. Don't know why, but that just made my day.

She'll appreciate being exposed to good music when she's older. That reminds me of when I was in primary school and my teacher asked me if I liked the Backstreet Boys, I responded "you mean The Beach Boys? Yes I do".

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Slipping into a bed with fresh clean sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Slipping into a bed with fresh clean sheets.

Same too.
    But move over to your own side ;)

detefb.jpg

What an utterly brilliant image (Taken from Declan Kiberd's superb Irish Classics).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

'Motherfoclóir'. The book.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just saw the cutest pregnant lady wearing a pair of dungarees. She looked amazing

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My cat fell asleep hugging my foot last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oh yeah, used a brand spanking new toothbrush for the first time today.
    There is something I love about the first use of a toothbrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I bought a used but immaculate fridge freezer on 26 Aug, but couldn't collect it until Sunday just gone. TH now I don't have to think 'do I have space for that bargain'. Was browsing the freezer aisle in Tesco earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Warmth from my stove on a cold night. A good book to read. Tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

New socks

My 2.5 year-old at the bottom of the stairs shouting up to me using my first name, and when I go down she's standing there with her arms folded giving me daggers - and then she bursts out laughing! Soaking everything up, and taking the piss out of it. Long may it continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I sorted through months worth of post this morning that has been lying in a drawer ignored. All put away/ thrown out now. Also went through all of my shoes (I have a reasonable amount for a woman :P) and cleaned them/threw away some battered ones. Feeling like getting sh1t done today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Little girl dog from next door knocks in to hang out with my boys during the day, they play with her for a bit but then they get bored. So she lays in one spot in the garden and the two of them lay in a different spot. The two boys always cuddle up and snuggle into each other ignoring the girl dog. I think it's so cute, they're each other's absolute best friends

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I cut the grass and then sat outside with a cup of tea and a ham sandwich (home cooked ham) and mustard (Colemans).
    The dog sucking up to me until he got his share. Had to make a second one.
    Was a really nice morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sitting in my new office in peace and quiet with tea made for me and all :D

New jobs rock :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

New Shoes. No more having wet feet when I go out in the rain:D!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement