Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Gettin' bills paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

What Ploughing?? Not a bit of traffic in or out on my way to school! I was dreading it but it's actually fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

a bit bad, but i managed to avoid someone at the shops who would normally keep you talking for an eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bought a new house and moving in next week, we're currently buying bits and pieces that we need.
    I was looking at a Tumble Dryer and Washing Machine on AO last night, saw the ones I wanted, laptop died just as I was putting checking out. Couldn't find the charger and it was late so I'd said I'd do It in work this morning,
    Logged on to find there's £50 off each of them.

Now debating whether to tell the wife or bank the difference! She'll know though, she always knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

razorblunt wrote: »
    Bought a new house and moving in next week, we're currently buying bits and pieces that we need.
    I was looking at a Tumble Dryer and Washing Machine on AO last night, saw the ones I wanted, laptop died just as I was putting checking out. Couldn't find the charger and it was late so I'd said I'd do It in work this morning,

Now debating whether to tell the wife or bank the difference! She'll know though, she always knows.

Say they were 20 off. Give her the 20 and you pocket the 30.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or get her a lovely surprise for the difference, and you'll gain major brownie points! :) (Also, mmmmh, brooooowniiiiieeees)

I'm just going to buy £80 worth of brownies and give her £20.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, that's true love.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Risked a 5k walk with Mrs S and got through it without getting rained on. Now, sitting with a steaming cup of Java, looking out at the lashing rain. Bliss can be brought about so simply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

razorblunt wrote: »

Now debating whether to tell the wife or bank drink the difference! She'll know though, she always knows.

FYP :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Randomly remembering one very specific code consisting of numbers and letters, from a document that has many such codes. When people mentioned the item to which the code pertains, I somehow went, "oh yes, item 345-PRB 2.2". It was a completely inadvertent and subconscious commitment to memory on my behalf but now everyone I work with thinks I am rain man :D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    FYP :D

Username is accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TH at stocking up my new (to me) fridge freezer with reduced price bargains. I got knocked down/special offer beef mince, chicken fillets, pork chops, breaded haddock, spring onions and celery today. Love a bargain, I do. Gotta leave some room to freeze portions of stuff I cook tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Having a student discount again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Continuing on from the trivial annoyance post I posted a couple of days ago in the TA thread, I found the perfect dress that I was looking for today for an occasion next month! :) I love fashion designers again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Felt really unwell all evening but had no appetite. Just had a bowl of baby potatoes with loads of melted butter, wilted spinach and salt and pepper for dinner.
    So comforting and I feel better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Had a disaster of a day, and was sitting at my desk genuinely wondering what else could go wrong, and then my email started typing out in Russian!!! I just found the timing and the bizarreness of it too funny and had a proper laughing fit for about half an hour. I couldn't stop at all, even when the tears were in full flow!

My office probably think I'm having a breakdown or something, but haven't had a laugh like that in a long time and it's really made me TH for the evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Kids from the road left a hand written letter in the letterbox notifying me that they were going to be putting on a music show. It costs a euro to attend. The show will also include skateboard tricks. No details of when or where it's taking place! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The film 2001: A Space Odyssey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I like some of whats in fashion this Autumn, for a change. I bought 2 tops today. Sleeves. Bell sleeves, ruffled edges, dangly floaty sleeves. Extra long sleeves with thumb holes. It's unusual for me to buy clothes these days. I usually have to make what I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Applying heat to heat shrink.

Eating a lovely buttery slice of white toast with some strawberry jam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

All the bushes trimmed, flowerbeds weeded and lawns mowed. It's amazing what no electricity and a sunny day can produce. I'm tired, sweaty and scratched to hell but I'm happy with my days work. Now just have to wait for the electrician to come and replace the RCD and I'll be able to have a shower. Am going to enjoy a beer tonight!

I was in the shop queue and there was a little girl in front of me holding her mam's hand. She kept turning around looking at me, and then she looked up at her mam and said "she looks like Elsa".
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

branie2 wrote: »
    The film 2001: A Space Odyssey

May the force be with you.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Kids from the road left a hand written letter in the letterbox notifying me that they were going to be putting on a music show. It costs a euro to attend. The show will also include skateboard tricks. No details of when or where it's taking place! :)

I would love this. Cute alert!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fresh sheets, fresh pjs and newly showered booty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being spoilt with a spa weekend this weekend
    Cannot wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I would love this. Cute alert!!

They're like something from The Little Rascals :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Day off, indoors, cosy with a nice cup of coffee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement