Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'll be shot. But my mam rang me tonight to tell me there was a black man on winning streak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

anna080 wrote: »
    I'll be shot. But my mam rang me tonight to tell me there was a black man on winning streak

Mine too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Rain makes me happy.

^ Probably one of the only ones in Ireland to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw him on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sitting on my own on the platform on Enfield train station yesterday evening and it was dark around 8pm

A mother cat and her four little kittens would jump off a platform, cross the tracks and jump onto the other platform. It was difficult for the tiny kittens bless ‘em and would take 4-5 attempts. Sometimes the mother would grab the scruff of their neck as they hung on the ledge and pull them over

Oh they are wild for sure and must live around there. As soon as the light off the 8:24 train to Dublin appeared up the track the mother started bawling get off the tracks in cat language and they all ran off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The sun is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

jaxxx wrote: »
    Rain makes me happy.

^ Probably one of the only ones in Ireland to say that.

I enjoy it too. Nice soft gentle rain, clears the air and revives everything.
    Or loud, hard, thundering rain on the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

jaxxx wrote:
    Rain makes me happy.

I enjoy it too. Nice soft gentle rain, clears the air and revives everything. Or loud, hard, thundering rain on the roof.

It's only nice if you don't have to be out in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Listening to my grandfather telling stories of judge Judy episodes from the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Beef stew in my slow cooker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I finally got some work clothes shopping done today. And also spent 150 on boots :pac: I can never find any I like and after my recent 2 weeks from hell I decided I was worth it and to treat myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have rediscovered the delight of salad cream. I didn't have it in years , but thanks to my brother in law ended up with a bottle in the fridge. I had completely forgotten how nice it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Shpudnik wrote: »
    Listening to my grandfather telling stories of judge Judy episodes from the last week.
    I've been on a Judge Judy binge and some of the cases are hilarious. My favourite is the one where the guy incriminates himself :D

73Cat wrote: »
    I have rediscovered the delight of salad cream. I didn't have it in years , but thanks to my brother in law ended up with a bottle in the fridge. I had completely forgotten how nice it is
    My sister introduced me to the best cheese toasties ever. Under the grill toast one side. Turn it over and spread salad cream and then add cheese. Put it back under the grill to melt the cheese. It's delicious. I thought it sounded disgusting and wasn't sold until I tried it and now I love it.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    My sister introduced me to the best cheese toasties ever. Under the grill toast one side. Turn it over and spread salad cream and then add cheese. Put it back under the grill to melt the cheese. It's delicious. I thought it sounded disgusting and wasn't sold until I tried it and now I love it.

TA'd now I'd murder toasted cheese now and I've not even bread nor cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Paddy Cow wrote: »

That sounds lovely! I had beans on toast the other day and lashed some salad cream on top, twas delicious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Mmm salad cream. Haven't had it in ages. Methinks will be buying some soon thanks to this thread! Sandwich spread is another good one. Fish finger and salad cream sandwich would definitely make me TH right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

mewe wrote: »
    Mmm salad cream. Haven't had it in ages. Methinks will be buying some soon thanks to this thread! Sandwich spread is another good one. Fish finger and salad cream sandwich would definitely make me TH right now.

Fish fingers, salad cream mixed with chopped onion, salt, black pepper. The best ever use of salad cream, tho TH, is it on fresh Brennans.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

73Cat wrote: »
    That sounds lovely! I had beans on toast the other day and lashed some salad cream on top, twas delicious :)
    It's even nicer if you put ham under the cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

A buddy from Belfast told me how they pour cans of Guinness in dodgey pubs up there. Instead of tipping it in gently as I always have, they just upend it straight over the glass and squeeze the can to get it out as fast as possible. Supposedly the best way to do it.
    I tried it tonight and it works perfectly! As good a pour as you can get from a can. On number three now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

mewe wrote: »

Sandwich spread, that takes me back to primary school. Chicken and ham paste, anyone? This deserves a whole new thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I was out last night and got told I was 'hot'. I don't care if I was being plamassed. I am a mammy of three small people and cannot remember the last time anyone told me I was 'hot'. It has put a spring into step today. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

having a fall and only getting away with minor injuries, was very lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

The satisfaction of scanning a barcode at a self service machine

*beep*

Adding points to my clubcard from someone else's receipt :D Sad, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Work! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That day! What a gift. Clear skies, warm sunshine. Sitting in the garden like it was August. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

That day! What a gift. Clear skies, warm sunshine. Sitting in the garden like it was August. :)

Jealous...but loving the fine weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭TotalReality

Every single item of clothes I own is washed,dried and put away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Whatsapp videocallz to someone who's lost their voice :pac: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement