Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

when i was being reared spelt was the past tense of spell

LOL! still is in some places, spelt grain been around for at least a thousand years.

TH, someone at least as old as I am here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bredabe wrote: »
    LOL! still is in some places, spelt grain been around for at least a thousand years.

TH, someone at least as old as I am here.

I am nearly as old as spelt then

I was just giving out aloud to myself yesterday evening as one does, and the little one who's just over 2.5 years old, walked over to me and said, and I quote, 'Don't say that! You're our Daddy!' and gave me a little hug. I don't know what was more touching, the fact that she is now so aware of things when this time last year she was barely able to express herself, or that she spoke also on behalf of her even younger brother who cannot even speak yet. Either way, it was ineffably moving, and still is this evening. Deep breaths!

On a much lighter note, the two of us hiding on her mother in the top secret hideout that is sitting on the couch with a big blanket over the two of us, while we listened to her mother calling for us in other rooms. The giggling, the oooohing, and the shhhhing with her little finger to her mouth while beaming with excitement as we "hid" under that blanket had me in tears of laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mixing beans with potatoes. It's a delicious combination

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My 18 month old son putting his head on my bump at bedtime and saying "baby" :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

nephews and nieces

dropping ice in a whiskey glass

when a steak hits the pan

when a scrum goes your way

the kick of a rifle

Dropping a gear and making an overtake on a motorbike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got the flu and pnuemonia vaccines. Come on viruses, do your worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Had a bit of a rave in the car on the way to work. I'd had enough of the budget talk on Radio 1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

northgirl wrote: »
    Adding points to my clubcard from someone else's receipt :D Sad, I know.

How do you do that exactly? Asking for a friend...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How do you do that exactly? Asking for a friend...

bring it to customer services and tell them you forgot to give the checkout person your card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Codeine. After a biopsy last week it's the only thing keeping me going right now

Yeah yeah dependency and all that..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bring it to customer services and tell them you forgot to give the checkout person your card.

Or the person ahead of you asks if you want to use your loyalty card for their shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    Or the person ahead of you asks if you want to use your loyalty card for their shopping.

that works too :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Or in Dunnes when the person in front of you passes back their 10er voucher they just received.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Those people who have the gift of friendliness without making you feel pressured to chat. When you meet them when you feel really bad.

Kind. considerate people. It makes such a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cheese omelettes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Getting lovely feedback on an assignment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Buying a new book that I've been waiting to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

northgirl wrote: »
    Had a bit of a rave in the car on the way to work. I'd had enough of the budget talk on Radio 1 :pac:
    Hey, I used to do that. Sing all the way there, then put on my serious work face. Now I work alone, I can sing all I want.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am nearly as old as spelt then
    When people like us though proper spelling was important.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

That the day was pretty much over by the time this spell of rain arrived. All tucked up at home looking out the window at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The end of my 6 week wait for the arrival of my new phone case and screen protector from Ali Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Finding a fiver on the ground. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not sure if this is a joke or not. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Extremely juvenile but I always get a kick when my phone battery is on 69% :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

When people make typos when complaining about spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

a kind doctor:) (went to an appointment with a migraine and burst into tears)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Bus this morning was quiet all the way down, I was the first one on, and not many joined after. nothing better than when it's neither noisy nor cramped, with no stand offs over seats. Zoning out.

When people make typos when complaining about spelling.

Where is the typo?
    TH, that I can use this to help me get my written english standard back to uni level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Though instead of thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement