Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

New Home wrote: »
    Though instead of thought.

Ah, tks, will have to keep a closer eye on my troublesome Th words.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, it was an actual typo as opposed to not knowing how to spell a word - it's not as if you'd written taught. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I put out sunflower seeds in the bird feeder for the first time in weeks .Word spread and we have loads of excited little birds come to take a taste .They are queuing on the wall to be next on the feeder .

This summer we had six huge tall sunflowers in the flower bed, courtesy of the same little birds dropping seeds under the feeder .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got the gutters cleaned out.

Rónán on RnaG 10 minutes ago, saying goodbye to a guest before welcoming another one on to the seat: 'Bog do thóin anois'.

!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Getting my gnashers cleaned, they were really bothering me for a while and now they look great. Instant confidence boost which I could do with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Finally the fog from Anxiety, Depression & OCD is slowly starting to lift, & I am remembering what really is important in life & how lucky I am to be here and have these people in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got the second best mark in my class for my essay, and a complement on how I wrote it!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Being daft, and laughing with an old friend on whatsapp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Getting my gnashers cleaned, they were really bothering me for a while and now they look great. Instant confidence boost which I could do with :)

Glad it went well. :) Sometimes it's the small things in life that make us happy.

TH Supervalu now stocking Skinny lager. It's gluten free, I will have to try it, in the name of product research, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Remembering that I'm an adult and that I can make the decision to eat doughnuts for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I've been looking at my health habits lately, and felt that I was drinking far too much and far too often. I never took a break from it before, so I decided to try and abstain for September, first week was tough but I'm delighted that I've managed to stay off it for the last 30 days. Tomorrow, I'll have a nice glass of red, I'm going to abstain during the week completely and only drink sensibly at the weekend. No more binge drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Finally the fog from Anxiety, Depression & OCD is slowly starting to lift, & I am remembering what really is important in life & how lucky I am to be here and have these people in my life.

I remember when that started to happen to me and it was like the world went from a sepia tinted photo to a colourised one. So nice to hear of someone getting better. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Ranting and Raving forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Raindrops on roses
    And whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings
    These are a few of my favorite things

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
    Doorbells and sleigh bells
    And schnitzel with noodles
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    Silver-white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites
    When the bee stings
    When I'm feeling sad
    I simply remember my favorite things
    And then I don't feel so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The way my dog knows by the shoes I put on, if I'm going out for the day, bringing him for a walk or going out for the night. If it's my day shoes he'll run to the window and look out as I'm putting them on. If it's the walking shoes he comes over and licks my hands as I'm tying my laces. If it's my going out shoes he gets his toy and sits in his bed looking at me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

anna080 wrote: »
    The way my dog knows by the shoes I put on, if I'm going out for the day, bringing him for a walk or going out for the night. If it's my day shoes he'll run to the window and look out as I'm putting them on. If it's the walking shoes he comes over and licks my hands as I'm tying my laces. If it's my going out shoes he gets his toy and sits in his bed looking at me sad.
    A woman with 3 pairs of shoes???
    Get out of it!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

blade1 wrote: »
    A woman with 3 pairs of shoes???
    Get out of it!!!:p

Haha. I should have added that he knows how to differentiate between the kinds of shoes too! Daytimey shoes and nightimey shoes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I just got offered a kitten.............so excited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Waffles & Bacon for Brekkie today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Excited on your behalf!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mrs S joining me for coffee in the garden this morning and (as if I couldn't read it for myself) reading aloud snippets from the paper, that she found particularly noteworthy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Had the most wonderful day with the kids and my family and some friends. Topping it off with some pizza now.

Boo. Ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cert2009

Waiting for bus with lots of people, and bus doors ,open right where im standing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What are you going to name him or her?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

cert2009 wrote: »
    Waiting for bus with lots of people, and bus doors ,open right where im standing
    When that happens me some ignorant hippo usually barges me out of the way so they can be first on, the kind of thoughtless bulldozer who tries to steamroll their way on without letting the other people get off first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

What are you going to name him or her?

Her. I don't know. Haven't seen her yet. i am the kind of person who needs to see her first. Even with my kids I didn't have a name till they came.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

getting the "glad eyes" from a cute checkout girl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was on the look out for a winter coat jacket at a reasonable price. In my local hardware shop buying paint, there it was, a lovely long Portwest jacket, 50 euro. Very TH now. They have Portwest fleeces very reasonable too. Weird doing clothes shopping in a hardware store!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement