Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Seeing threads by trolls getting closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Her. I don't know. Haven't seen her yet. i am the kind of person who needs to see her first. Even with my kids I didn't have a name till they came.

Hope we gonna get a pic or link when she gets home.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I bought the makings of an Irish breakfast for today, rarely do that, but it turns out to be the best, rainy miserable day for comfort brunch (we generally have it at lunchtime).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

GMSA wrote: »
    Seeing threads by trolls getting closed.

You must get so happy at the weekends.

Gives me a little lift too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Trivially happy that the wind has put the fallen leaves all around my yard into 7 tidy piles making it easier for me to pick them up.
    Like so
    IMG_20171001_174050.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

blade1 wrote: »
    Trivially happy that the wind has put the fallen leaves all around my yard into 7 tidy piles making it easier for me to pick them up.
    Like so
    IMG_20171001_174050.jpg

Witchcraft!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

BBDBB wrote: »
    Witchcraft!

Amazing the way they ended up isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Get your pitchforks ready folks! It's time to burn someone at the stake!

TH that I have the place to myself for the next 24hours. I don't even know what to do with it, whole bed to myself too (if the cat allows me to have any space).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hearing the wind howling outside while feeling warm, cosy and safe indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The guy that works in the shop by my work. He is always so friendly, patient, and mannerly. No matter how busy the shop is (and it gets very busy, its the only shop serving a huge business park in a 20 minute radius) he's courteous and polite. Its very trivial but such good customer service is a rarity these days.
    He's very good with people and at his job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Hearing the wind howling outside while feeling warm, cosy and safe indoors.

I am TH after a brisk walk in the howling wind. A great way to blow the cobwebs out of the system. As long as it stays dry it is invigorating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I went for a really beautiful walk earlier all along the coast.It's a real narrow sheltered area and the sea is right beside you to one side with a high bank of blackberry bushes ect on the other side.It was very warm and the sun was blinding over the water,I honestly feel so much better after it...the best things in life really are free when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My dad asking me to send him a selfie at an event we have at work tomorrow. Sounds so funny from him - He's getting very 'with it' lately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

northgirl wrote: »
    My dad asking me to send him a selfie at an event we have at work tomorrow. Sounds so funny from him - He's getting very 'with it' lately :D

It's gas isn't it...my parents are in their late 70's and they're always asking me about Facebook and if any relations put any news up on it .They love looking at photos of my brothers kids on whatsapp ect and they're really in awe of all social media even RIP.😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Colser wrote: »
    It's gas isn't it...my parents are in their late 70's and they're always asking me about Facebook and if any relations put any news up on it .They love looking at photos of my brothers kids on whatsapp ect and they're really in awe of all social media even RIP.��

It really is! Same, well early 70's but same difference. My mum and dad still call a remote control a 'monitor' and I'm pretty sure my stepdad is on an hourly check of RIP.ie. Another clanger of mother's lately was when she said 'and how did you find that place? using sat nab?!' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I left work on time today, for the first time in months!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lol the talk about parents and technology reminds me of the time my mam called a Go Pro a Pogo. And one time I sent her a picture of my newly tiled bathroom and she text back "is that a selfie".
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was walking into a shop today that sells Halloween stuff.
    I met a couple on their way out with two little boys about 5 and 7. The older lad was proudly and carefully carrying a skeleton and they were discussing the fact that the skeleton would sit between them on the way home, and they would put a seatbelt on it. Aah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Flicking aimlessly through the channels. Stopped at TG4. Just listened to a half hour of traditional Irish music. Flutes fiddles banjos bagpipes the whole hog. Foot never stopped tapping. Give me more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

My fat baldy bastard of a bully of a manager that reduced many an employee to tears has handed in his notice. Good riddance to the prick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The new Robert Langdon novel, Origin, by Dan Brown, coming out this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Curb your enthusiasm is back!

Great first episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Most of my work clients are journalists.
    Have been emailing one of them today and his sig is:
    "There are three kinds of journalists: Those who can count, and those who can’t"

Made me smile :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Strolling through a big pile of crunchy leaves

7c6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Getting a good set on my Apple and Sage jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Listening to the sea lapping against the shore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PumpkinQueen

A hot cup of tea. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A hot water bottle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

The beauty of nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was given flowers today for no reason! It's made me so happy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement