Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Went for a stroll on my lunch break this afternoon, when I heard a man suddenly shouting "Fiachra, where are you? Come back here at once! Fiachra! Fiachra!", while looking around frantically.
    I panicked and was about to start helping him look for his son, when a little Shih Tzu came tearing back towards him.
    A shih tzu called Fiachra. Day made :D

Oh that's just pure joy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Went for a stroll on my lunch break this afternoon, when I heard a man suddenly shouting "Fiachra, where are you? Come back here at once! Fiachra! Fiachra!", while looking around frantically.
    I panicked and was about to start helping him look for his son, when a little Shih Tzu came tearing back towards him.

I have a large, extremely dim witted black pug, a rescue.
    His breeder saw fit to call him Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Shops down here have finally started selling glass bottles of Coca Cola.

Yes it’s like drinking battery acid, yes it’s full of sugar, yes glass bottles are a pain to recycle.

But Coca Cola tastes orgasmic out of a glass bottle. I was buying the odd few up North over the last year or 2, and only had one on special occasions.

Glad to see them available in my local Tesco and local petrol station.

Having a pint in the George. Love this boozer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

vampyre wrote: »
    I have a large, extremely dim witted black pug, a rescue.
    His breeder saw fit to call him Oisin.

Harrassed a man to say hello to his dog today. Her name was Jerry, Ben has passed away. She was a sweetie.:)

• Advertisement

9-month-old finally able to crawl forward (not sure why babies can only crawl backwards for a long time) this week and he doesn't know himself with all his divilment. He has the prescience of mind to pull off a single sock to give himself a grip on the floor (at least I like to think it's that conscious). The baby pudge is going to drop off him as seo amach, and I may give up the gym membership - "oh feck!" being the most common exclamation this week as I jump up and run after him. A baby's giggles are so heartwarming!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A hot cup of tea. :)
    especially when it's just handed to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I am delighted with the way you can order books and dvds on-line from the library from any part of the country. Time to catch on all those films I've been meaning to watch.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I am delighted with the way you can order books and dvds on-line from the library from any part of the country. Time to catch on all those films I've been meaning to watch.

Try the little known Overdrive facility also. DLR has it but maybe every library member in the 26 counties can use it (you can certainly get books/dvds on your library card from any library in the state). It allows you to download tons of audiobooks, dvds, cds for free. It's a sort of Amazon Audible and Amazon Prime without the monthly charge.

DLR Overdrive audiobooks

Here, for instance, is the current range of dvd documentaries:

Documentaries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Love autumn for one particular reason. Was walking up the road last night crunching my way through loads of leaves :D

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I'm going to see Nick Cave in Germany tomorrow night, excitement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A greenfinch perched on a globe thistle seedhead and pecking the seeds out, right outside the window. All the berries and hips and brightly coloured leaves. I bought some clothes I love in a 70% off sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Getting into Dublin (live in UK) for a few days and sinking a few (too many) pints of Guinness in McDaids or hiding upstairs in the Palace with a few whiskies. Glad to be back in Ireland drinking nice stout and not the usual watery ****e that I'm stuck with in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Thank God he didn't bring Fintan. There was CHAOS the last time:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cheese sandwich for lunch

Off sick and feeling crap. Turned tv on and Roger Federer is playing tennis.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Thank God he didn't bring Fintan. There was CHAOS the last time:

Hahahaha this is one of my favourite videos ever. This makes me happy! Thanks for posting it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

As it was wet, windy and miserable up here today, I decided to make a stew for dinner. Massive saucepan left over - enough for at least 3 more meals. And it was beautiful - got myself warmed up from the inside out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

On the train back into Duesseldorf to see Nick Cave this evening and have a look around the city. Just passed a restaurant called Yorma's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Sitting on couch (at last)....and middle chicken is giving me hugs while we are watching x factor....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My sister got a gorgeous little puppy. A little red setter. My niece has named him "blob".
    I love little puppy smell <3

listening to him snoring gently, while Im eating ham sandwiches and jaffa cakes

Simple bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

That feeling of calm and peacefulness when a migraine finally eases off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

dunno about happy but funny....phone companies promoting their new image/whatever on social media, where the comments are full of complaints about the sh1t service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

Looking for conkers with my 4 year old. Finding conkers still in their shell is one of life's simple pleasures :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Peanut butter cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A hot shower and my PJs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It is dark and raining so even though my car tells me it is 14 degrees, I have put the heating on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

For some bizarre reason, every single person let me out in grid locked traffic today. I was like 'wha'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Texting my 7 year old niece :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement