Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Finding apple strudel in the freezer and already having the oven on from dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Cleaned my car and found a ring I thought I'd lost, about five euro in coins and a packet of jelly beans :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Weekends

A lady on the far side of Dublin found my wife's phone and when a younger relative arrived she found an email address on the phone and contacted to say she found it. However, by the time the young one emailed herself had spent €300 on a brand new phone. What a waste but it's so lovely to see such decency from a stranger in a city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I got to play glow in the dark 3D mini golf today and I came second. I also got to drink cocktails. What a time to be alive :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Had a delicious tasty lunch today in local hotel, never go there normally but just took a notion today. And, this morning opened a new carton of orange juice and none of it spilled pouring that first glass. Also, opened a yogurt and the lid was totally yogurt-free when I peeled it back!
    Small things! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Putting on jeans straight out of the dryer. Toasty bum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Reading the jokes in Saturday's Irish Daily Star

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My dog makes me very happy. Shes twelve years old today and she has been with us since she was twelve weeks old. I've been sitting here chatting with my OH and saying how it is a miracle she is still with us. She has a taste for chocolate Lily O'Briens is a favourite but selection boxes are fair game too. Forget about doggie chocolate in her humble opinion it rates the equivalent of peas (to be disdainfully ignored). We no longer can leave wrapped presents under the Christmas tree that may contain chocolate it is simply not safe. It may be fine for a week or two but some day we will come home to find the wrapping flittered and all chocolate gone and individual wrappers licked clean.

Her kidneys should have failed years ago as she has a penchant for cakes and raisins. The first time she stole a muslei bar from my handbag, took it outside to the back garden and licked the wrapper clean I rushed her to the vet in a panic. I think the vet thought I was cracked but gave her an 'injection to help her kidneys'. She has since survived this and a number of other attempts at kidney failure. Only last week she stole almost a full halloween brack off the counter and is still thankfully with me.

When she gets unsettled all she wants is to sleep beside us. Her bed gets taken into our bedroom and she sleeps on the floor beside us. My parents who have not had a dog in over twenty years adore her and would take her in a heartbeat. She is great with the kids even though I tell them that she was my first baby.

I nearly lost her this time last year when she wandered out onto the road and was hit by a car. She has made an amazing recovery and I am thankful that I have had another wonderful year with her. Many happy returns Jackie Baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Carbohydrates. In any form. Any form at all will do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Took my fluffy slippers out of the airing cupboard a while ago. Toasty Slippers - Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sex.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got through the storm. It was severe but power stayed on, garden trees stayed upright (unlike a few along the road), taking all items likely to blow about into the garage did the trick, no structural damage. Trivially Happy? Trivially Ecstatic!

Edit; sadness wipes all the TH I'm afraid. Have heard the fatality near us was a young father we knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Glad you're safe S.

I'm happy that we're over the worst of it, it terrified me the whole fear of the unknown, I've never been alive to experience any bad storms they were talking about and at least now it's passed and the majority of us are safe

Listening to CDs in the evening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

northgirl wrote: »
    airing cupboard

You mean hot press

• Registered Users Posts: 19,665 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

northgirl wrote: »
    Took my fluffy slippers out of the airing cupboard a while ago
    You mean hot press

latest?cb=20131213115408

Anyhoo - okay - this is probably as trivial as it gets. We have a little step/stool type thing in the room for getting stuff from the very high shelf. I've discovered that it is ideal for tying your laces after you've put your shoe on your foot. It's like being at shoe shop - try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My internet is working again. Hoorah! That reading business was starting to get tedious :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

My internet is working again. Hoorah! That reading business was starting to get tedious :p

Actually laughed out loud when I read this!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Slightly late, but I was quite happy to receive a phone-call and text from the company's Emergency Response System at 11pm on Sunday night, telling me not to go to work on Monday. It sent the message to over 400 of us simultaneously. Good system! And we're being paid for the day!

• Advertisement

Not trivial at all but think Met Éireann played a blinder with this storm. Death toll could have been much higher but for excellent warnings beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

You mean hot press

I mean what I said :D

The good weather today

" The Aldi Family" ad to the music of "The Adams Family" I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

" The Aldi Family" ad to the music of "The Adams Family" I love it!

That ad boils my blood. The American twang of whoever they got to sing the song is highly irritating. Should probably post about it in the trivial annoyances thread :o

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    That ad boils my blood. The American twang of whoever they got to sing the song is highly irritating. Should probably post about it in the trivial annoyances thread :o

I still like it. Look at television any day of the week and you will get American twang. Listen to the radio any day of the week and you will get American twang. Listen to teenagers talking and you will get American twang. It's still a good ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Just catching the only possible dublin bus to go to that place that day. Thanks 161 DB driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

just applied for a new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A nice cup of tea after the little one goes to bed :)

• Advertisement

Spudgun wrote: »
    just applied for a new job!

I hope you get it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement