Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My niece brought me a gingerbread man but there is one arm mysteriously missing....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

He's hiding it behind his back, obviously... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Crisp sandwiches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

A lovely, long seaside walk, getting that lovely fresh air into our lungs. Showing my wobbler the animals along the way and seeing the wonder on his wee face. Then hearing him make the animal noises, so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

My uber driver told me I was a "perfect woman." Which could be construed as creepy, but I've had a long bloody week and feel like the back of a bus, I'm taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bonzodog2 wrote: »

not sure i would call having a badger in my house adorable. very aggressive creatures with a nasty bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

not sure i would call having a badger in my house adorable. very aggressive creatures with a nasty bite.

Well, like cats they have 5 sharp corners. Maybe aggressive when feeling threatened re food/cubs. This one legged it when it noticed the homeowner
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11635411/Badger-caught-on-camera-sneaking-through-catflap-and-eating-Bakewell-tart.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Not really trivial but having the power back in my apartment. Just came back a half hour ago. Jesus the sheer satisfaction of hearing the water tank spluttering as it finally refills and being able to turn on the speaker system and blast some tunes after nearly 5 days is absolutely mint. Cannot wait to go to the shops and fill the poor fridge and freezer up again. It's going to be a lethal weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A call half an hour ago "fancy going for a bite to eat tonight?" So, Mrs S is busy getting ready, me relaxing with no dinner to cook, and looking forward to a catch up with a couple of old friends we haven't spent nearly enough time with lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Walking along the river bank today and came across about 6 squirrels on our travel . All sat up bolt upright chomping on acorn in their little paws . So cute

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Sitting in a cosy room, listening to the wind and rain and wearing s big cosy jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Saw a bunny rabbit in the estate earlier :) I love them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

A cold can of coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A storm coming when you don't have to get up in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Staying safe in a storm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

northgirl wrote: »
    Saw a bunny rabbit in the estate earlier :) I love them :)

I saw a deer this morning.... legging it as fast as it could from one field, across a road into a wood. :) I love nature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My neighbour always makes lovely food. Tonight she was making pancakes for herself and her son but she made too many so she sent some in. They were lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I saw a deer this morning.... legging it as fast as it could from one field, across a road into a wood. :) I love nature

Saw a fox yesterday saunter across a busy road in Lucan . All cars stopped to let him wander at leisure to the wooded area at the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

A half decent nights sleep. Bliss :)

• Advertisement

Getting up just before 10 this morning. I really slept well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My girls asked their local supermarkets for cardboard boxes to give to some rough sleepers they work with, who lost theirs in the storms. 100% of the supermarkets gave them more than they needed, some gave leftover food too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Had done a neighbour a favour a few weeks ago. This morning they met me in the local pharmacy sniffing and sneezing and stocking up on cold medicine, and a couple of hours later arrived at my door with logs and briquettes so I could light my fire without having to go into the town to buy supplies.

Human decency isn't dead. :)

Spending a few hours reading in the library

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dog is too gentle to chase the cat off her bed in front of the stove. Instead she looks at me, then at the cat, until I get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When clothes look lovely on in the shop and still look lovely on when you try them on at home..delighted with my purchases today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Burial. wrote: »
    Not really trivial but having the power back in my apartment. Just came back a half hour ago. Jesus the sheer satisfaction of hearing the water tank spluttering as it finally refills and being able to turn on the speaker system and blast some tunes after nearly 5 days is absolutely mint. Cannot wait to go to the shops and fill the poor fridge and freezer up again. It's going to be a lethal weekend.

I experienced about 30% of what you've gone through, no electricity for 2 days and it was awful - gave up flushing the loo on number ones so we could provide the dogs with water. Hallelujah for you having the power back.

My TH is a hot chocolate and a spin in the car with my husband, listening to music in silence, both of us just bopping along to the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Speaking of hot chocolate.....

Hotel chocolate opened in Dublin and...AND they have a cafe with a bajillion types of hot chocolate. Never was in a Hotel Chocolat with a cafe before. Their hot choccy is just amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

Colser wrote: »
    When clothes look lovely on in the shop and still look lovely on when you try them on at home..delighted with my purchases today.

Oh I love that.

I was in a shop during the week and I thought I had put on so much weight, was probably having a fat day too but I was in a shop today and they definitely had a skinny mirror because I looked about 2 stone lighter! I'll take it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Seeing someone close who is going through a hard time in much more upbeat form today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement