Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

73Cat wrote: »
    Ah, really ? He seems like a nice young fella.
    Good that he sees the funny side to it :)

He does but as they say " You can take the man out of Mullingar but you can't take Mullingar out of the man".:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a very grown-up serious type in my life, he does important work for my family. When we finished talking on the phone today he said "bye love"
    Absentmindedly of course, but TH just the same.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Learning from people who spent years perfecting their crafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TH that my procrastination has paid off handsomely. i was meant to write something yesterday afternoon but i just didnt have the energy for it. on the drive in this morning i had a lightbulb moment where i realised what i was going to do would never work. so now i've come up with a much better solution.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Read a book with the kids last night and it's just totally simplified things for me and them. Game changer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Read a book with the kids last night and it's just totally simplified things for me and them. Game changer!

Wait... You DID know it wasn't the Stork that brought them... right??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    Wait... You DID know it wasn't the Stork that brought them... right??

Of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Boom_Bap wrote: »

What kinda things?

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. All of it. Can't wait to dress pretty and eat amazing food and drink delicious cocktails \o/

You'd swear I was never let out.

What kinda things?

Little things about how to make yourself and others happy :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Awh, that's lovely, BB! :)

• Advertisement

Here it is, not sure if it's well known or not, but it's lovely and can be understood by all ages

51NYppzf%2BaL._SY380_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Picking the fast queue in Aldi. See ya later suckaaas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Looked at four properties today and really liked the last one. Really hoping that the landlord will take us as tenants now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That i got through my appointment at the dentist today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

branie2 wrote: »

did the dentist tell you that you were very brave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

branie2 wrote: »

2.30 appointment?

That reminds me - the dentist of one of my former housemates was called Dr Tuite. :D

I fed a cold, hungry young honeybee some honey. :) When she was full, she circled three times over me counterclockwise, then three times clockwise, and then she flew away. :) Safe home, little honeybee. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

New Home wrote: »
    I fed a cold, hungry young honeybee some honey. :) When she was full, she circled three times over me counterclockwise, then three times clockwise, and then she flew away. :) Safe home, little honeybee. :)

Cold heart melted.

Another Happy! Two in one day? Unbelievable! :D

I had some visitors today: a relative who lives abroad, his partner, and their teenage step-son who only speaks Spanish and German, so the conversation with him is usually not the smoothest. However, between gesturing and the odd word in various languages, and his parents translating the more difficult bits, we always manage to communicate on a basic level at least. Well, today I asked him did he want some biscuits, he thought for about half a second, and then he gratefully accepted. Just before they left, I realised he had left me a dark chocolate Kinder Bueno on the plate beside the biscuits. He was just asking beforehand where he could buy more 'cause he loved them, so I tried to give it back to him but he said I should keep it.

I thought it was very thoughtful of him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm playing classical music to try and soothe my dog from the noise of fireworks outside. I think he's more alarmed by the sight of his owner in a batman onesie clutching a glass of wine at 7pm and trying to sing opera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Seeing someone who you secretly despise, due to their mean behaviour, getting knocked down a peg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

After a week of lank, sh1t feeling hair that nothing would cure, today I am having a great hair day *swishes locks* :)

Coming downstairs in the morning and the missus has put on some John Coltrane and Miles Davis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

back in work today after holiday and just found out it's a BH weekend!!! haven't felt this good since I woke up with a hangover once about 10 years ago scrambling to get changed and then realised it was a Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

back in work today after holiday and just found out it's a BH weekend!!! haven't felt this good since I woke up with a hangover once about 10 years ago scrambling to get changed and then realised it was a Saturday!

Who unbanned you?!
    Trivially happy arrogant cray is back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

tupenny wrote: »
    Who unbanned you?!
    Trivially happy arrogant cray is back

shut up you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's an HTTP error code named after author Ray Bradbury. Error 451.
    edit: well its named after his book

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A cheese single on a digestive biscuit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

We weren't sure about the strength of the shower in one of the places that we looked at yesterday, so we asked if we could have another look. The letting agent says to us ''sure will we try the shower?'' and we said ''yeah, why not'', and then he looked a bit worried and said ''well, we won't be getting into the shower together''. I think he was worried that it sounded like he'd just suggested a threeway with a lesbian couple :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement