Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lying on the couch, dog on my lap and feeling my unborn baby's kicks . pure bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MsBubbles wrote: »
    one of the manager's in my office brought me cooking apples so now I can bake :)

I love baking.

You're giving me ideas. :D I haven't baked anything for ages, but since you mentioned apples I'm thinking of making a nice deep dish apple and sultana pie at the weekend. Yum. I love the aroma of the spices when it's in the oven.:)

Oh oh oh, I know somewhere with bajillions of blackberries and on 14th September I'm going to pick bajillions of blackberries and I'm going to stay in my friends house and we're going to make jam and apple and blackberry tarts. I'm VERY excited.

:D

now I want one of them!

bobskii wrote: »
    now I want one of them!

You're pregnant, you get to have whatever the heck you want. :)

• Advertisement

You're pregnant, you get to have whatever the heck you want. 

I must show this to my husband :D

bobskii wrote: »
    I must show this to my husband :D

If he disagrees just point out that he can have an opinion when he's carrying another human around in his body. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Deleting a watched programme or film off the sky plus planner and seeing the % storage available increase. Its the small things in life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

This made me happy .......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sweet potato fries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

A hot bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Finding out that I have a new hobby that I might take up. I discovered yesterday that I'm pretty decent at archery.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

The little pop noise when you open a jar of jam, weird but hey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Getting home after a tiring day, feet aching, and having a cup of tea and a few squares of chocolate.
    That first cuppa is always the nicest and don't even think about making a second cup as it won't be as nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting a call from the OH telling me were going away for the weekend. Yay! Sprise weekends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Sundays.....fcuking love them.
    Silent house, chilling in pjs after bath,alternating between good book and boards, listening to music,glass of red wine.....*sighs*.....ah bliss.......

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Movie nights when I visit my parents, (anchorman 2 & Godzilla both very good too) and a surprise present from my (Dublin) Granny of a box of chocolates and a toasty maker for final year :D I love surprise presents and I havn't had a proper toasty from the maker in years can't wait :D

My husband cooked dinner today. Sunday dinner cooked by someone else, bliss. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Having a holiday to look forward to.
    Heading to Spain on Saturday and I cannot wait!
    I love the whole "looking forward to it" bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Fry's chocolate cream and a cup of tea watching Dr Who (on my own).

When it reaches my favourite time of the day.
    Wine O'Clock!! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Having a long hot shower then getting into fresh pj's, crawing into a freshly made bed and spending an evening reading a good book.

Arriving at a crosswalk to get a green man right away and nobody runs the red.

When my cat gives me a nose bump.

Rediscovering old loves like a song or movie or band that I hadn't thought of in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Ribs, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, followed by tea and birthday cake.

Chilled lager and spicy popcorn with a film before bed.

Our pill/powder popping neighbours are on holiday and the silence is blissful. We got unbroken sleep at night over the weekend, I'd forgotten what that was like. I doubt the same will be true next weekend though:(, but I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Being able to sit back and enjoy some coffee, and watch the world go by. Bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I left my bag at a wedding on Friday, my husband got it off his friend on his lunch break so now he has to come home from work, on the luas with a black and silver clutch purse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

When I click on a video on a non-Irish media site and it doesn't say "This video is not available in your country" ! Win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having a holiday to look forward to.
    Heading to Spain on Saturday and I cannot wait!
    I love the whole "looking forward to it" bit.

The holiday itself does be sh1te though.

:p

• Advertisement

After a miserable weekend and a ****e day, I called into my best friend on the way home from work. I was doing her eyelashes and she was doing my waxing. She has a 20 month old, who is outrageously girly. And the child absolutely adores me, probably because she knows she has me wrapped around her little finger. Anyway, not to leave her out, I did her makeup. Red lipstick, smokey eye and defined eyebrows and blusher. So cute!! She pouted when I put the lipstick on, then smacked her lips together. She kept her little eyes closed when I was blending on her eyeshadow and tilted her little head while I was doing her eyebrows. Then we took selfies and she looked just like her auntie Lexie with her eyes, brows and ruby red lips.

Then her mom was waxing me and she wanted to be waxed, so her mom put Vaseline on her arms like wax, she held her arm so still and yelled "ouch!" each time we 'waxed off'. She was delighted!!

We shared Capri suns, cake and I got lots of hugs. And because she doesn't see me as much as she used to, when she does see me she won't get down on the ground. She just wants to sit on my knee or me to pick her up.

And she's so smart. She keeps learning so many new things. When her mama asks questions we say "mama! Google" and now she can say "BFF" when I ask her what she is.

I'm not even a child kinda person, I'm not a fan of them, but lord god that child melts my stone cold heart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement