Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

jaxxx wrote: »
    Christmas makes me sad cos I'm old now and over the hills... I'm 28 btw.

Which means no more mountains of presents from santa, no more staying in my pyjamas all day, no more everything...

**sniffle :(

Eh you need to make all that for yourself!! I had horrific Christmases as a child so now that I have control over it, I do all of the things, cover the place in decorations and basically vomit Christmas all over my life. Some of the stuff I do is a bit childish but my family indulges me because they know I didn't get to do this stuff as a child.
    I never got a mountain of presents from Santa but I prefer the Christmas activities, you know, board games with my family, Christmas markets, roaring fires, Christmas movies etc
    Christmas is for every age!!
    My husband and I love to get hot chocolates and drive around during December, looking at the Christmas lights. Now that's a trivial thing that makes me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,999 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Having my daughter home again after her school trip makes me happy, listening to her give out to her younger brothers even makes me happy. Today anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Woke up feeling a bit blue today, so I decided too listen too Casiopea.....

How could you not feel happy and upbeat after listening too these lads :)

Look at how happy the keyboardist is @ 4:24 when the two lads start dancing :D,what a smile :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Today is my Dad's birthday. He just turned 78 and I'm playing Fats Domino for him and to hear him singing away just melts my heart.
    Forgot to mention, I am going to the breast clinic this week and terrified and knowing he is worried about me, I am so happy I can make him feel ok that I am ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was in foul form until I walked into the kitchen and saw my niece's bib. She was here yesterday and went without it. Ahh. Cute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Went for an absolutely amazing dinner last night with a few beers and cocktails to top it off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I have been pretty stressed out today and grumpy and then my cat climbed onto my lap and put his paws on my arms and snuggled into my chest, purring and falling asleep. I felt so happy and relaxed that I had a nap with him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

OH thinks I'm the bestest best gf on the planet, because our plan was to binge the rest of stranger things tonight. But he got a text from a pal offering him a ticket to a gig of some band he quite likes, so I said go to the gig I don't mind!

Major brownie points and I've a takeaway en route :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home made coffee cake . Daughter made it for me for my birthday the other day , her first time making one and it definitely won't be the last one ! It didn't last long :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have been pretty stressed out today and grumpy and then my cat climbed onto my lap and put his paws on my arms and snuggled into my chest, purring and falling asleep. I felt so happy and relaxed that I had a nap with him too.

Cat truly are the best :D.

I got another trophy in assassin's creed origin, one trophy closer too the platinum :pac:.

• Advertisement

OH thinks I'm the bestest best gf on the planet, because our plan was to binge the rest of stranger things tonight. But he got a text from a pal offering him a ticket to a gig of some band he quite likes, so I said go to the gig I don't mind!

Major brownie points and I've a takeaway en route :)

Wow..........what a gal :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Went for a walk in the woods today which may sound trivial but it was a big effort for me and something I haven’t been able to do for over 8 months. Took over an hour to get a couple of km done but it was absolutely amazing. I loved every minute of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Going to bed now to have a read of a book a fellow boardsie sent me through the magic of the Late Late Show thread here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I started my Christmas shopping today thanks to a post in the bargain alerts thread!

...Although, I fear my TH mention of Christmas this early might be a TA for some people. :o ....Sorry peoples in advance, I'm just delighted at how organised I am this year :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Home made coffee cake . Daughter made it for me for my birthday the other day , her first time making one and it definitely won't be the last one ! It didn't last long :)

Happy belated birthday boards mammy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Kisses from someone with soft lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy belated birthday boards mammy :)

Thanks Lady :)

Best of luck tomorrow, and with the new home !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Extra blankets on my bed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sleeping in a warm comfy bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Colleague brought his four-month-old into work today for a few hours and she's the most placid, happy, chilled little bub I've ever seen. Just sat there smiling her toothless head off all morning. I was on babysitting duty for an hour while the work mate popped into a meeting and I wanted to run away with her, such a seriously cool little baby. Made my morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Went to see Thor Ragnarok last night and had such a good evening with friends. Lots of laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I just spent €60 on Christmas scented Yankee Candles. My house will be smelling like winter wonderland :D

I had my endoscopy and was told that I have a hiatal hernia. Then the missus comes to pick me up and tells me that the landlord we were hoping to rent from has backed out and decided to go with someone else, meaning another possible trip to the UK to look at places. Why is this in the TH thread? Because I'm floating about on a happy cloud after my sedation and nothing can touch me :pac: I've been told not to make any serious decisions for the next 24 hourss, so, anyone up for shenanigans? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Taught the baby to shout BOO every time the doorbell rings. I'll probably regret it tomorrow but I'll deal with that then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The youngest grandchildren trick or treating while it's still bright and, after "scaring us", coming over to give a hug with an 'it's okay Granda it's only me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Off until Friday! Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

There are loads of little trick or treaters tonight. There hasn't been this many in years. They're all so cute and polite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Father out of hospital today..He's feeling bad as he hasn't the energy to get up to all the Trick or Treaters !! I told him next year...fingers crossed.

Got the grass cut..definitely the last one of the year..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My mam was in the oncology day ward today and she put in Dracula fangs and told her nurses she's here to take all the blood back that they've taken from her over the years! It gave them all a laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

anna080 wrote: »
    My mam was in the oncology day ward today and she put in Dracula fangs and told her nurses she's here to take all the blood back that they've taken from her over the years! It gave them all a laugh!

Great that some people can see humour in serious situations. I genuinely hope your mam has a speedy recovery and I wish her all the best :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement