Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Chatting to neighbours bringing their kids around trick or treating..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Getting up, dressed and out for the first time in weeks. Small steps but still moving forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

La.de.da wrote: »
    Getting up, dressed and out for the first time in weeks. Small steps but still moving forward.

Remember that you are doing your best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got myself the new Stephen King book today in town, the last one on the shelf. I nearly puked with happiness:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The train driver in docklands station in Dublin saw me legging it up the platform as he was pulling away but he stopped the train and opened the doors to let me get on. Pulled away and he stopped a second time as a girl arrived late too

Docklands drivers are so chilled and relaxed, they are like the bus drivers in the West of Ireland who wait for everyone

If you see any posters giving out over in trivial annoyances their train was late it was down to me, sorry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

You brought back a memory, mikemac2. I used to work in Wexford, had to get the train to Waterford, then the bus to Wexford. The local station master phoned ahead for them to hold the bus if the train was delayed. That was real customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Didn’t change the time on my clock radio til tonight.... getting the hour and minutes spot on first time round... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

madmaggie wrote: »
    You brought back a memory, mikemac2. I used to work in Wexford, had to get the train to Waterford, then the bus to Wexford. The local station master phoned ahead for them to hold the bus if the train was delayed. That was real customer service.

Reminds me of the time a group of us were heading to Wexford to a party. All in good spirits, we got on the bus heading to W/Ford. I was wondering why the bus was taking a more inland route but brushed it off. Eventually we cop that we got on the wrong bus! We were heading for Waterford! The bus driver was so sound, when he finished his shift in Waterford, he drove us all to Wexford. What a sound man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

THTHTH, to find that the pass mark for my uni course, is so much lower than I thought it would be, and half of the mark I had to achieve on non-HEA courses I took.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Being in the early stages of going out when you still feel all jittery and nervous beforehand. Wish it could last forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

You have 83 cent in change a 20 note and a few 50's. You stop at the shop for a few items and it comes to €20.83!!! Happy days, using all your change is like getting a discount .

Now I'm over to the trivial things that annoy: when the bill comes to €20.85.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭edireland

Enjoying walking in a sunny November day😆😆😆

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I get so TH when I get the last item of something, especially if it’s in a sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I am completely failing at being any kind of a useful human being but I am trivially happy that I got tickets for Harry Potter Studios in January as it's my missus' birthday in December, and I ordered The Witcher 3 for her on PS4 because she's always wanted to play it. Birthday sorted and I know she will love it, I love seeing her happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I am completely failing at being any kind of a useful human being but I am trivially happy that I got tickets for Harry Potter Studios in January as it's my missus' birthday in December, and I ordered The Witcher 3 for her on PS4 because she's always wanted to play it. Birthday sorted and I know she will love it, I love seeing her happy.

Wow what a great wife you are!

Happy that I'm leaving for the day as I'm can't keep my eyes open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Pints on a Thursday afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Grabbing a fistful of items and its the exact number you needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just bought the biggest and puffiest jacket that is basically a sleeping bag with arms. It's so unflattering on but cosy as hell. I'ma make human lagging jackets a thing this year. Just you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Eating a peanut

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭edireland

Going to a Opera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

branie2 wrote: »
    Eating a peanut

Just one? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Pints on a Thursday afternoon :)

Pints on a Thursday evening :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Paying rent/bills/debts and having that little bit left :D First time all year I'm not chasing my tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The OH's birthday is coming up, and I usually struggle with what to get him. I happily remembered that I got and hid his present way back in the summer after seeing it in a shop window one day in town. Phewwww:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Sausage rolls, preferably Greggs but as I don't live in the UK Avocas will do nicely.

And Percy Pigs. The cola ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

OH thinks I'm the bestest best gf on the planet, because our plan was to binge the rest of stranger things tonight. But he got a text from a pal offering him a ticket to a gig of some band he quite likes, so I said go to the gig I don't mind!

Major brownie points and I've a takeaway en route :)
    You're defo in the champions league of GFs .Go you

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

A chink of light shining through a project that you've burst yourself on and lay awake worrying about. Just a little chink, but I'll take it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Getting a KFC and the skin is oh so crispy.Its hot and teh onion rings are lovely.Nice when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Going on holidays tomorrow and I can't wait for my Mc Breakfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

The first gulp out of a cold can of club orange. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement