Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I got my Wobbler's passport in the post after only sending application away 2 weeks ago! His curly mop of ringlets takes up half his passport picture! Will treasure it forever :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had a hyoooooodge portion of mint chocolate chip ice-cream for dinner! :D But that's not all! In it, I found a shard of chocolate that was nearly a cm thick and 10cm long! JACKPOT!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Today was ****. Literally. **** all day. Dog****, baby****, more dog****.
    So we got a chinese, and when I was clearing up the mess afterwards I found a sneaky spring roll in the bottom of the bag.
    Day fixed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My mam only likes to keep two bottles of perfume at a time. She found an unopened bottle that she forgot about. She doesn't want it and it's one I really like. I can't get enough perfumes so good news for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Seeing 2 cars the same as the 1st 2 I owned in a drama set in the 70s (edit: 1969)
    A '67 Hillman Imp (bought it for £15) and a '68 Ford Corsair (bought it for £25)

edit: Also 1 like my dad owned (a '62 Ford Classic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lorelli! wrote: »
    My mam only likes to keep two bottles of perfume at a time. She found an unopened bottle that she forgot about. She doesn't want it and it's one I really like. I can't get enough perfumes so good news for me :)

So you came out of that smelling of roses!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Getting my new iPhone X today!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

When you check your belly button for fluff and it's a big one. And you marvel at how it got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Kids are put to bed ...,.

Come down stairs .....

I turn to back kitchen window ....

And two white dogs going mental because its time for walkies ...the pure excitement by them ....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

My postman is so nice. He does the regular mail and then he does the parcels. I was gone by 9 so when he came by with one of my many parcels (because online shopping is like getting presents) he rang me to ask if I was home.
    How nice of him, most would just throw that bloody notice in the door and you have to go to where buses don’t to collect it.
    So I asked him to put it in the wheelie green bin and he did. I’ll have to buy a Christmas gift for him.

Also TH that the order was placed at around midnight on Wednesday from the Elverys sale. That was quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

...and I ordered The Witcher 3 for her on PS4 because she's always wanted to play it. Birthday sorted and I know she will love it, I love seeing her happy.

Good lord, now there's a woman!

Trust me, she will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Thor: Ragnarok at the cinema yesterday. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Catching up on all the THs. So many happy people and thoughts out there. Some warm, some snuggly and some making me weepy but all happy stuff. Who needs a doctor when you've got all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'll be hitting the shops later, and for once I have a few Euro to spare.

I'll be hitting the shops later, and for once I have a few Euro to spare.

Daughter, almost 3, carries a filthy small teddy bear everywhere. It's black from dirt, no matter how often it's washed, but they are inseparable. Every now and again she holds sleepy bear up to my face and says "smell it"...never ceases to raise a smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I'm off up to Dublin today to go to Ikea and look at furniture, and I'm actually excited about it, my god, I am old. I'm going to buy some of their meatballs too! I love me some balls :pac: Going to see some friends in the evening too before I head back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I'm off up to Dublin today to go to Ikea and look at furniture, and I'm actually excited about it, my god, I am old. I'm going to buy some of their meatballs too! I love me some balls :pac: Going to see some friends in the evening too before I head back home.

I bet a tenner you will leave with serviettes and a smelly candle ....:D

When you're discussing something with the wife and you come in with the killer point, and the 10-month-old does a little 'Ha' and a giggle right at the end of it. Perfect timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My friend agreed without hesitation to "Star" in my pretend training video next week.
    TH, as he's a lot shy and it will take a lot for him to do this for me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A clean car,inside and out.....a fresh and for once unstressed mind and clear outlook on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That new car smell

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Even numbers or patterns in numbers in the odometer in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Diving through town and someone pulls out of a space just when you looking for one to park in!

Or,this one happen to anyone else?
    Went for my phone yesterday to ring someone and as I grabbed it, they rang me!

I got the all clear from the physio, but told to be careful. He left the "at your age" unsaid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Even numbers or patterns in numbers in the odometer in the car.

OOOO yes, I once pulled over on the motorway to take a photo of 123,456.

Yeah, I know the rules of the road but it was a special time.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I once drove around for an extra twenty minutes because I wanted to see the odometer at 66,666.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I love discovering more nerds!!

my X :)

• Advertisement

OOOO yes, I once pulled over on the motorway to take a photo of 123,456.

Yeah, I know the rules of the road but it was a special time.:D

I was logging tickets, they are logged nationwide. I noticed I logged 12345675, I logged like a demon and I got 12345678 also! :pac::cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement