Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

snowflaker wrote: »
    I was logging tickets, they are logged nationwide. I noticed I logged 12345675, I logged like a demon and I got 12345678 also! :pac::cool:

I have found a real friend.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I have found a real friend.;)

funny-computer-best.jpg

This makes me happy! lolz

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I felt a warm, fuzzy feeling when I got to 27972. :p And I took a picture, too. :cool: There's plenty of us weirdos out there, it would seem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I bet a tenner you will leave with serviettes and a smelly candle ....:D

Plus the C******** decorations are in! Was there on Thursday and didn't come out empty handed!! TA how much you can spend there in 30 mins... but that's for another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Another numbers freak here !! I love 2,3,7 and 9, my absolute favourite numbers. The car I drive for the last few yrs has the numbers 6021 on the reg. I was gutted till I realised when you add them they make 9. I was born in '73 , my Dad in '37. He died when he was 73 and I was 37. That makes me insanely happy ( not the fact he is dead of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

My favourite bus (before my office moved) was the 7 :pac: but that's more cause I was guaranteed a seat and therefore able to open a window

TH: gaff to myself for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hearing my two little granddaughters of 6 and 7 years singing together in the sittingroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

On Friday night, I went to see DJ Format and Abdominal in the Workman's Club in Dublin City. I loved it. The set was amazing (old and new stuff), loads of funny moments between DJ Format and Abdominal, but also between Abdominal and the audience. [DJ Format is from Brighton, UK, and Abdominal is from Toronto.]

I had very little time to get the handy last Bus Eireann bus home (but there was a dodgy option of getting the LUAS to the Red Cow on a Friday night, and the the Dublin Coach/Airport bus.) Actually, that wouldn't have bothered me. I just hate changing from one type of transport to another.

I waited at the merchandise area. I told Abdominal that I temporarily blinded him that last time they played together at Electric Picnic 2005 whilst buying their latest album on vinyl. I got to chat to him, buy his album for cheap on vinyl, and made it onto my bus with 27 seconds to spare! (I even quicked my step).

I think I was trivially happy...

Here's one of their old videos (and re-watching made me SOL because of a detail I'd missed before):

tl;dr I actually had a good gig experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

73Cat wrote: »
    Another numbers freak here !! I love 2,3,7 and 9, my absolute favourite numbers. The car I drive for the last few yrs has the numbers 6021 on the reg. I was gutted till I realised when you add them they make 9. I was born in '73 , my Dad in '37. He died when he was 73 and I was 37. That makes me insanely happy ( not the fact he is dead of course)

I was born in 1973 too. Have you seen this (and are you mathematical)? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I was born in 1973 too. Have you seen this (and are you mathematical)? :D

Hell yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just picked a lock I've been trying for at least two months. Was wrecking my head so much. I was just now sitting watching TV and picked it up to pass the time - less than a minute later I had it open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I'm almost afraid to post this in case I jinx myself. After I was told that I have a hiatus hernia I was put on new tablets, all in all 10 tablets a day just for my reflux alone, never mind the rest of my medication. I have been on them for a couple of days now and yesterday I started to notice the difference, I still threw up but then today I got up and there was no coughing until I was sick (just my normal morning cough), no retching, nothing :) I've been struggling with this since June and have been losing lung function as a result too and I haven't been able to work so I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe this medication will really work and I can prevent further loss and start working again, not have to sit on the couch for most of the day to avoid being sick, and actually get my life back again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Donnacha ocallaghans reactions on irelands fittest families :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Fleece lined leggings. They look like heavy tights, so could be worn with a skirt or dress and ankle boots. I bought them for my outdoor work. Very cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

madmaggie wrote: »
    Fleece lined leggings. They look like heavy tights, so could be worn with a skirt or dress and ankle boots. I bought them for my outdoor work. Very cosy.

Fleece lined anything is heaven :) Not sure I could do leggings tho - I'm shortish, overweight and male :D

But the leggings sound lovely.......wish I could wear them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Call them longjohns, they'll sound waaay more manly and you'll get away with it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My pop is home this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

After I was told that I have a hiatus hernia I was put on new tablets, all in all 10 tablets a day just for my reflux alone

Pantoprazole 40mg? It's da bomb for reflux. It'll make me TH every day for the rest of my life!

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Pantoprazole 40mg? It's da bomb for reflux. It'll make me TH every day for the rest of my life!

Oh I haven't heard of that one! I'm glad it's working for you though. I'm on 2g of sucralfate twice a day which is the new one. Then 40g of omeprazole twice a day and 150g of ranitidine twice a day. Though annoyingly I still threw up today so maybe I spoke too soon, hopefully it just takes a bit longer to work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Freezing cold hands and hot tea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I brought my mam to get the flu jab and while I was in the waiting room this little kid walked right up to me and said "do you like snots", "you look like you like snots".
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Was in a rush in the supermarket at lunchtime and tried to carry about 8 items in my hands. Naturally I got flustered at one point and dropped easily 4-5 things as I was at the top of the queue to pay.
    I froze in a panic because my hands were still full when a really nice girl picked up all my stuff and brought them to the counter for me.
    She was such a gem and I really appreciated it. Its the little things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My indicators have been malfunctioning for a few days so on a whim dropped into a mechanic recommended to me by an acquaintance. 15 minutes and job done. No charge. Incredibly decent of him and one other thing of the long list of things I seem to have to do! There are gems out there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coming in out of the cold and having a nice hot cup of Barry's tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Taking a day off at being an adult; marshmallows for dinner.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Taking a day off at being an adult; marshmallows for dinner.

I had jellies for lunch. Marry me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I had jellies for lunch. Marry me?

Done. I'll look after the cake!

34f60868a77991bc848c9ba1e10618be.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

northgirl wrote: »
    My indicators have been malfunctioning for a few days so on a whim dropped into a mechanic recommended to me by an acquaintance. 15 minutes and job done. No charge. Incredibly decent of him and one other thing of the long list of things I seem to have to do! There are gems out there.

Not like the buck that charged 90 quid after spraying a squirt of WD 40 on a sticking door lock back during the boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Had a crap day and am sitting in my onesie on the couch having a solo pity party, my boyfriend just finished work and stopped at the cinema on his way home to pick me up my favourite thing ever, cinema popcorn, to cheer me up.
    Who says you need grand gestures?! I could cry!

• Advertisement

A friend of mine is pregnant and she just found out that she's having a girl. I'm actually getting all excited about buying the kid little star wars outfits already, like this

baby_chewbacca4.jpg

Oh god, I've never been a fan of kids, I hope I'm not getting broody, the missus will have me out on my arse :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement