Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Today I am wearing a Guns n Roses t shirt and just realised I am wearing One Direction socks :). And just as I started typing this Sweet Child o Mine came on the radio, some timing :). Oh and also love winding the OH up, saw that he was wearing the same t shirt and told him we were like Posh and Becks. Worth it to see his face, lol.

Absolutely hilarious documentary on RTÉ 1 now - Golden: our 50 years of marriage - made up of loads of couples who've been married more than 50 years. Watching it with the mother-in-law and she's a raging misandrist - ecstatically happy when the auld wans have the men doing the hoovering "There's a good man doing as he's told" she says to me. Oh feck. Then there's the auld lad who's still working full-time as a painter at 75 because - wait for it - he can buy the wife a new car every 2 years and she can get all the new clothes that she wants. Jesus. Fast forward 10 minutes and they come back to the wife walking around each room in the house opening drawer after drawer full of her clothes.

But the best yet is the auld fella who has a sign on the gable wall where 'Beware of the dog' should be: 'Beware of the wife'. !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm just after taking the electric blanket out of storage and fitting it onto the bed for the winter.... It's soooo toasty. Oh why did it take me this long to get it out.

I have nice things coming in the post tomorrow.

My not quite one and a half year old got new shoes and little hair elastics to tie back her hair in wee pig tails at the weekend. Well she thinks she is the bees knees and the cats whiskers. It's so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rogueish wrote: »
    I'm just after taking the electric blanket out of storage and fitting it onto the bed for the winter.... It's soooo toasty. Oh why did it take me this long to get it out.

I have nice things coming in the post tomorrow.

My not quite one and a half year old got new shoes and little hair elastics to tie back her hair in wee pig tails at the weekend. Well she thinks she is the bees knees and the cats whiskers. It's so cute.

I've put mine on tonight too. 7 mins to go in this episode of Stranger Things, then jumping into bed. Will be nice & toasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

FanadMan wrote: »
    Fleece lined anything is heaven :) Not sure I could do leggings tho - I'm shortish, overweight and male :D

But the leggings sound lovely.......wish I could wear them!

I bought them for under the trousers, sort of girly version of longjohns. Buy a large pair, sure who's going to know, except the OH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Can I do a TH and sad at the same time....my nana's favourite song because it reminds her of her struggles raising one of my favourite uncles..
    Love having footy arguments with him,the "simplicity" makes for straightforward conversations,and hes mostly right even though the fcuker follows Man.U when all the rest the family follows Arsenal or Liverpool.
    Love you R....Legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

There is a little girl cat that lives next door and she has a mad crush on my cat and it's the cutest thing to see. She comes over any chance there is a window or door open, or when she sees him outside. She rolls around the place trying to look all cute and flirt with him, and she just stares at him with big massive eyes, in awe. The funniest thing is that he completely ignores her and just acts like she's not there at all. He tolerates her presence in the apartment just about but refuses to acknowledge her most of the time. Sometimes he ''rubs noses'' with her which is a friendly cat greeting so he seems to be employing the tactic and treating them mean and keeping them keen, while also blowing hot and cold on her :pac:

We have other neighbours on the other side and they have two cats, the neighbour told me recently that his boy cat has a crush on my cat too, and his girl cat likes him as well, my cat is the only cat that they allow in to their house and he's allowed to eat their food. Some charmer he is, whoring around the place, takes after his mother (though which one?) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

The fact that a now former friend of mine, who I believe to be a pathological narcissist and a serial liar and who was ungrateful of a major favor I done for him and who has not only fallen out with me but our whole friend circle over his inflated ego and makes anyone who is not up to par with his academic acheivements and made people feel very small who were doing similar things to him and were going to be qualified in a shorter space of time but still basically considered himself superior to them.

Makes me smile ear to ear that he's now working in a pet shop!

Up his arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'd love to work in a pet shop.

TH that I've finally got an appointment with a dermatologist. Woop!

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I'd love to work in a pet shop.

I would too, but I know he wouldn't, he would think it was beneath him, knowing that he has to clean up animal crap all day and working with customers and the general public would never sit well with him. After the way he treated people as well as myself, couldn't think of a worse job for him.

He would absolutely hate it, especially after all the bragging he did about what he was going to do after his course and being critical of other people doing a similar course to him, basically considered himself better than other people because his course went on for longer.

He's crossed the line with several people over the last two years or so, who will be equally delighted once I divulge the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    I would too, but I know he wouldn't, he would think it was beneath him, knowing that he has to clean up animal crap all day and working with customers and the general public would never sit well with him. After the way he treated people as well as myself, couldn't think of a worse job for him.

He would absolutely hate it, especially after all the bragging he did about what he was going to do after his course and being critical of other people doing a similar course to him, basically considered himself better than other people because his course went on for longer.

He's crossed the line with several people over the last two years or so, who will be equally delighted once I divulge the information.

Sure wouldn't it be much worse if he wouldnt/refused to work,and just drew the dole??

Sure wouldn't it be much worse if he wouldnt/refused to work,and just drew the dole??

If I know him as well as I know him, he'd rather stay on the dole, I somehow doubt it was his choice to do it. There was some party involved.

I know him like the back of my hand, there is no way he applied for that off his own bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    If I know him as well as I know him, he'd rather stay on the dole, I somehow doubt it was his choice to do it. There was some party involved.

I know him like the back of my hand, there is no way he applied for that off his own bat.

This is the happy thread. Feck off with the negativity.

TH Can't wait to get my freshly washed slippers on :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Happy. Just got heating back on.

Arse on radiator..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

My boiler was broken for the last few days but is now fixed so I have heating again, woohoo! Still sitting under my electric throw blanket though, for good measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When I see a new car with a missing/broken light. Very bah humbug of me I know.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

thinking I have to iron a shirt for tomorrow and then realising that I had already ironed one at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Kisses from someone when they get in from outside and their face is cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Excuse my ignorance, because I love this thread, but what does TH mean??!
    (Don’t shoot me!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trivial things that make you Happy/ Trivial Happiness.

Similarly, TA stands for Trivial things that Annoy you/ Trivial Annoyance, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

anna080 wrote: »
    Be careful , they make rash decisions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Driving home from work this evening, and seeing the lights on in my house, knowing the fire is lighting and someone has a cup of tea waiting for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

Having the Christmas shopping sorted already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

New Home wrote: »
    Trivial things that make you Happy/ Trivial Happiness.

Similarly, TA stands for Trivial things that Annoy you/ Trivial Annoyance, etc.

God, I’m dumb at times :(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭shoegal1

TH that I am over the seven year itch....LOL. 8 yrs wedded today

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Booked a spate of flights for work trips before Christmas, 7 in total in the next 6 weeks :rolleyes:, the very last being my "flying home for Christmas" tickets!

Seems like a lifetime away but can't bloody WAIT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just got to see my dad after 8 weeks - glad to have him home :)

• Advertisement

That's great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement