Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Seeing Murder on the Orient Express this evening at the cinema. It was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Getting my hair done and not hating it.

Winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

As of 4.21pm today, I'm off work until Monday week. I'm going nowhere, nothing planned, but need an electrical job done but no electrician would answer me. But by 5 o'clock, I eventually got one! Once I know when it'll be done, I'll be delighted! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I ordered chocolate online, the sheer decadence of doing that! And it's lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

What a Fantastic Day!!!
    Visiting my youngest niece and nephew, going to the match with my Goddaughter, her sister and mam, Ireland hammering South Africa! (And the young lad behind me that asked me, "Do you have the iPhone X?" :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I shall be discharged from hospital on Wednesday ... I'm on a ward of snorers and farters, it can't come soon enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

branie2 wrote: »
    Seeing Murder on the Orient Express this evening at the cinema. It was very good.

Saw it tonight with my dad. He loved it, it was a fun outing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Came joint second in a table quiz tonight. 4th team member failed to show. 3 of us each won a prize in the raffle as well. Not a bad result for a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I saved vouchers from ShopandScan for Argos, and I got a 90 euro "thing" that I really wanted for nothing :D

Really enjoying it now, little bit embarrassed to say, it's one of them over bed tables like you have in hospital, I have my laptop tilted on it, and can watch Homeland in bed. Like, how much better can life get ? Function over style in my house ! Mr Mountains keeps asking me what ward I'm on, thinks he's hilarious. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Went out on a drive earlier. There's this road in between a wooded area where I live and the trees come across the road in an arch. Its hard to explain how nice it looked with the sun.

I rarely cycle but theres a cycleway by the river near me so decided to take the bikes out. It was freezing at first but i really enjoyed it. Also I lit the fire before going out this morning and luckily got back just in time to save it from going out :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A spin down to Kinsale this arvo. Cold but beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Trivially happy that I won 2 tickets to the Ireland game on Tuesday.
    Trivially unhappy that I can't go.
    Trivially happy that I made a mates day by giving them to him.

I won them in a raffle in a pub last night and I was only in there to catch up with my mate so only for him I wouldn't have won them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I shall be discharged from hospital on Wednesday ... I'm on a ward of snorers and farters, it can't come soon enough!

Brilliant, you're in hospital and what's bothering you is other people.
    That's the spirit!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I saved vouchers from ShopandScan for Argos, and I got a 90 euro "thing" that I really wanted for nothing :D

Really enjoying it now, little bit embarrassed to say, it's one of them over bed tables like you have in hospital, I have my laptop tilted on it, and can watch Homeland in bed. Like, how much better can life get ? Function over style in my house ! Mr Mountains keeps asking me what ward I'm on, thinks he's hilarious. :rolleyes:

I think this is one of my favourite ever trivially happily things!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The concerned look on the GSD's face when he was forced to try on his new walking/car harness and was the center of attention.
    The look of suspicion when I took it off the table in a room he was dosing in.

TH that one dog can be so expressive about a piece of canvas.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

blade1 wrote: »
    Trivially happy that I won 2 tickets to the Ireland game on Tuesday.
    Trivially unhappy that I can't go.
    Trivially happy that I made a mates day by giving them to him.

I won them in a raffle in a pub last night and I was only in there to catch up with my mate so only for him I wouldn't have won them anyway.

God I'm so jealous of you and disappointed for you all at the same time.

Would love some tickets.

Did a lovely run in the Phoenix park this morning. Haven't put a race number on in ages and it felt good to be in that atmosphere again. It was a very emotional run also but so glad I went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

God I'm so jealous of you and disappointed for you all at the same time.

Would love some tickets.

Did a lovely run in the Phoenix park this morning. Haven't put a race number on in ages and it felt good to be in that atmosphere again. It was a very emotional run also but so glad I went.

Well done :)

I brought my little fella to see his great grandad at the nursing home. The residents always love to see young kids around. It was nice to see him running around having fun and the smiles he brought to their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

northgirl wrote: »
    A spin down to Kinsale this arvo. Cold but beautiful :)

I wasn't far from you..went to Crosshaven,gorgeous evening to be wrapped up and outside..pints after in an oul man's pub topped it off..ready to face Monday now lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Barry's teabags, they rule all...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You're in the wrong thread. :D

TH I managed to have an afternoon nap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

blade1 wrote: »
    Brilliant, you're in hospital and what's bothering you is other people.
    That's the spirit!! ;)

That's always a sign you're ready to come home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TH I was going ro treat mysely to a fairly expensive lipstick. Tried it on, it all came off on my coffee cup 10 mins later. I think I’ll stick with the cheaper ones! I’d have been raging if I just blindly bought it.

Still loving my iPhone X. Cracking weekend to boot!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Muller rice ad with the dancing bears :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Yeah teabagging is great :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Yeah teabagging is great :p

Who's barry though? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

TH I was going ro treat mysely to a fairly expensive lipstick. Tried it on, it all came off on my coffee cup 10 mins later. I think I’ll stick with the cheaper ones! I’d have been raging if I just blindly bought it.

Nyx lipsticks are absolutely excellent. I have a good few, all bright colours, purple, pinks and reds and they STAY on, no BS. Just as an example, yesterday I had on their Matte lipstick in Perfect Red, put it on at around 10am and when I got home from town around 4pm, it still looked perfect. Their lipsticks are all around the €10 mark so I'd definitely recommend giving one a go just to see how you get on.

My TH is that my coldsore virus is finally clearing up and I'll be able to smooch my husband again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

snowflaker wrote: »
    Still loving my iPhone X. Cracking weekend to boot!

I thought that said "cracked screen and all" and I was thinking jaysus there's an upbeat person :pac:

erica74 wrote: »
    I thought that said "cracked screen and all" and I was thinking jaysus there's an upbeat person :pac:

The horror!

1° here this morning! Crisp and Dry! Bliss!

• Advertisement

Hiked the Mournes yesterday for 7 hours - stunning weather and views but freezing - one of the lads on the hike gave me a huge sack of lovely dry firewood to bring home . Got home , lit fire , had dinner & glass of wine with feet up in front of it : it really is the simple things in life - bliss !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement