Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

When something happens to make my kids happy and they smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

When barstaff in the pub charge my smartphone's battery without cost. The same service costs 10 euro from a machine at the Airport and train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

putting on my rolex and going to collect me dole

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Finding out the missus is not pregnant ...... I understand there are people desperate, but I'm done impregnating :)

My lovely boss brought me in a big mug of tea, exactly how I like it, and a mega chocolate chip cookie earlier. It makes me very happy to a) Have such a nice boss, and b) Have such a nice mug of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Getting unexpected presents. 2 of the women I work with bought me a wedding present. So kind and thoughful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I think sitting is underrated. Nothing like a good sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm about to enter into the best part of the workday, that time when you stroll out of the office and it's still bright outside. You're free from the shackles of the corporate environment, but not yet bound by the responsibilities of home life, nor distracted by the prospect of the work day that inevitably follows.

For a moment, at least, the weight flees from your shoulders and the world seems to overflow with boundless possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The absolute gentleman that let 7 cars up from the Greenpark dip onto the Greenhills road yesterday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Going into dunnes and finding that lenor have brought out a new product that make your clothes extra smelly in the wash. I bought the pink one, and have had a burst of energy to do laundry so I am rewashing the towels and bed sheets and not only do they smell nice, the whole house just smells like clean fluffy clothes!

I'm in my pjs and I'm off tomorrow, I have my duvet on the couch and the oh will be home from the gym soon, so it'll be a couch and cuddle night. Love life this evening

• Advertisement

Going into dunnes and finding that lenor have brought out a new product that make your clothes extra smelly in the wash. I bought the pink one, and have had a burst of energy to do laundry so I am rewashing the towels and bed sheets and not only do they smell nice, the whole house just smells like clean fluffy clothes!

Need.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

After a quiet few months in work it is so nice to have a stack piled up that I easily fill my days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

ahhhbed..so tired. Feeling like you've done a day's work and have earned a good night of sleep and the prospect of dreaming for eight hours (hopefully). g'nite :)

A large consignment of Barrys Tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Going for a drive as a passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Warm socks,i put them on the heater before putting them on,i do realise im a sad bastid.

Warm socks,i put them on the heater before putting them on,i do realise im a sad bastid.

Am no that's not sad, that's genius. I just never think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I'm getting an African Grey next week and I'm so fcuking excited :D I've never had a pet of my own before and after a tough year it is a really good pick-me up. You'd swear I'd just won the Lotto or something as I'm on such a high :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Seeing a Boxer dog out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

remembering you taped Pog for the love of dog's. putting your pj's on at 4.30 and watching it with your two doggies either side of ya(even tho they'd probably prefer a walk :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Watching Zero Punctuation video game reviews on YouTube.

Getting what seems like a genuine unsolicited compliment from a colleague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is the anticipation of sleep really weird?I'm so tired and so excited to go to sleep all at the same, I almost don't want to go to bed. :D

Clean sheets and a lie on tomorrow ftw!! I'm wrecked but still don't want to go to bed yet?? :confused::)

Also, I still love my job 14 years later. Chattin to friends lately makes me realise how lucky I am on that score.

/looks at comfy bed ...see you sooooon zzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"The victim was well known to the Gardai"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

anniehoo wrote: »
    Is the anticipation of sleep really weird?I'm so tired and so excited to go to sleep all at the same, I almost don't want to go to bed. :D

Clean sheets and a lie on tomorrow ftw!! I'm wrecked but still don't want to go to bed yet?? :confused::)

Also, I still love my job 14 years later. Chattin to friends lately makes me realise how lucky I am on that score.

/looks at comfy bed ...see you sooooon zzzzz

That wouldn't make me trivially happy, it'd make me happier than that.

Waking up in the middle of the bed between my OH and best friend getting cuddles from both. Cuddles are the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Waking up in the middle of the bed between my OH and best friend getting cuddles from both. Cuddles are the best.

pray tell you may have to expand on that one...............

cjmcork wrote: »
    pray tell you may have to expand on that one...............

Me and her went out last night, came home drunk and she didn't want to sleep on her own so we got into my bed, but he was already in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Me and her went out last night, came home drunk and she didn't want to sleep on her own so we got into my bed, but he was already in it.

Nice to see you happy for a change Lexie! That makes me happy too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Just me and the dogs at home today. Lunch over and on the couch with a bowl of ice and crushed choc chip cookies.
    ****ty outside and nothing to do but watch sports and laze about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement